Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Advice on messaging?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dsm1985
Msg: 1
Advice on messaging?Page 1 of 1    
Hi can someone give me some advice on what i should say when messaging girls on here I can't think of anything good and i think that is the cause me not getting any responses back.
 lilcutie455
Msg: 2
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/6/2006 8:45:45 PM
Well for starters, read their profiles and make a comment(humor helps) on something they stated in the profile.......Like for instances if they state their job, Ask a question about it(how long have you been cooking, or whats your favorite item to cook) etc....It shows you took time to read on them rather then go for looks, A simple hi contact me if your interested possibly wont help, it Just shows basically that you put in no effort to try to get to know them right off the bat.....Also I read your Profile, well glanced anyways, But It doesnt say much and it sounded and looked kind of boring, So also work on your profile.........Im sure Ill have more ideas but I cant think of them right now..... Good luck!

p.s oh yeah and girls like to see smiles! Dont look so mad in your pics or faking a smile!
 Chapma17
Msg: 3
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/6/2006 9:51:12 PM
yes, lilcutie has a point about teh pic. I had a horrible one that looked liek a serial killer pic, until some of the gracious women on here ( and you all know who you are) ganged up on me about it and we managed to get a better up. My best advice is just have fun. If you ever read the posts around here, you will notice we are rarely serious. We all like to have fun, including the women. All the women I have talked to through this site are some of the funnest people you would ever meet. Hope the advice helps.
 kasie
Msg: 4
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:22:53 AM
Chap it didn't matter what we did..you still had your eyes closed..
 kasie
Msg: 5
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:24:36 AM
I think that lady said it just right.. work on your profile and work on your approach.. (pardon the pun)

You seem genuine so dont give up..patience is a virtue and pays off in the end..

Good luck..happy
 Chapma17
Msg: 6
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/7/2006 7:20:11 AM
I knwo eevry pic, eyes closed, i am so unphotogenec.
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/7/2006 12:01:40 PM

Not that I speak for all woman-kind or anything, but I can say there are a couple things that really get my goat:

1) messages from guys who clearly didn't pay any attention to what was in my profile...I mean not at all...not even remotely close...perhaps they're going for the opposites attract thing? I can't really wrap by brain around that...

2) messages that bypass any sort of personal introduction and demand my number or meeting to call and have a date. I guess that varies from person to person, but I guess I think that's kinda silly. I mean, I don't know you from Adam. At least take a minute to give me some distinguishing characteristics.

3) Failure to be Real. Yeah. Dr. Phil said it long before I did, but if you want anything to go anywhere it pays to be real. Sure on the internet we all can be doctors driving a 2007 BMW with an Escalade in the 4 car garage, but it comes back to haunt later on. You fish as yourself, you're bound to find yourself the right catch.

Good fishing to you :)

Neysha61
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/7/2006 12:20:01 PM
Read the profile ... pay attention to details (that is your hook ya know for the fish)
Something she is interested in, likes. Maybe you if you are lucky!
Humor goes a long way with most people. But mainly, be you, be honest and if they don't answer, damn them straight to
H E L L!and message some one else! KEEP TRYING!
 ponygrl™
Msg: 9
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/7/2006 3:15:46 PM
op, read the person's profile thoroughly......pick out a few things to talk about either about what she said in the "about me" section and/or her pic and just go with it. if you feel as if her profile is funny, joke around with it.
 Neysha61
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 12/8/2006 6:03:33 AM
Yeah ... just message her ^^^^^^ "RIDE ME COWGIRL!!!!"
 Unfold
Msg: 11
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 5/5/2009 7:34:37 AM
Forget talking- it's all about the picture man! In my abundant research on the subject I have discovered conclusive data that unequivocally reveals the one irresistible trait that brings The Ladies Of POF to their knees, flooding your inbox, and eventually your bed. Drum Roll Please...

The Shirtless Pic! Yes, it really is Just That Easy! They absolutely Love It, cant get Enough Of It, fall Head Over Heels for it Every Time. Even better- a shirtless pic in front of your Ultra Cool Sports Car.

Now… if you really want to be a Champion of Champions with the ladies here then try the Shirtless pic in front of your Ultra Cool Sports Car with your Whopping Investment Portfolio and Righteous Bank Statement sprawled out over the hood of said Ultra Cool Sports Car!

Me, I am an overachiever by nature so I even went the extra mile and put my 8th Grade Football Trophy on the hood for display as well. Of course I added to the caption that I just happened to be outside polishing it when the picture was “unbeknownst” to me “randomly shot”. Otherwise I would have just looked lame! You know?

Ok, you with me so far? Good! Now… and most importantly… as I stated above, if done incorrectly you could really end up looking like a Cheesy Goofball, but don’t worry, this is where that annoying About Me section comes in to play because, lets face it, there is a small percentage of women that will actually question if this photo is too Chachi. Ya, like a guy can’t just be outside enjoying the sunshine reviewing his financial records leaning over his car, right? Women, such fickle creatures!

But... don’t despair (just like I am sure you have probably assumed) I have all the answers!

The Chachi-esque notion is easily refuted if you employ just the right wording in your About Me Section. Just write something to the effect of how you enjoy the great outdoors and how you feel at one with nature making this the best opportune moment to focus and decipher the complex equations of your Economic Archives. Side stepped that landmind didn't we ;)

You see? It is just that easy! In a few short sentences you just took a picture that could be construed as Lame & Self-Worshiping to firmly establishing yourself as A True Man Among Men!

Trust me, there area million ways to look a fool on here and very few ways to achieve Cool. I mean- I actually saw one guy posing with his guitar in his picture. Are you serious? Give it a rest already Bon Jovi! What a dork! Anyways, take my advise and you should be fighting them off from here on out!

Happy Fishing!

DesertFox3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 5/5/2009 2:53:03 PM
^^^ you are being sarcastic... aren't you??^^^

You forgot the Motorcycle!!!
 climbsagain
Msg: 13
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:49:57 PM
never give up! If it means enough to you , then write. What do you have to loose? May sound like a cliche? You never know until you try?

Of course be honest, from the very beginning, otherwise the lie will catch you!
 Husker Freak
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Advice on messaging?
Posted: 6/17/2010 8:00:41 PM
My thoughts:

Be nice to the person that you are messaging. If you don't take the time a read a profile and you leave something hokey your probably going to be disappointed in the amount of responses.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Advice on messaging?