Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > I thought it was only in my dreams.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AStableWoman
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I thought it was only in my dreams.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
On day three with POF, I recieved an email that has forever changed my life. The most wonderful man came into my life and let me realize my dreams of a life time. Me, the all time "skeptic" is no more. I didn't see this coming, was not looking for it by any means as I had become an unbeliever of true, undying love. What a surprise for me. We met on day two and yes...it was love at first sight. The moment I looked into this mans eyes I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. He has proffessed his love to me as well. It feels like we are meant to be together and I have not known this much joy with another person in my whole entire life. All I can say is "Thank you" to my friend "Tembie" for telling me about POF, and to POF for providing a free, easy to use, and safe dating site. My future is going to be so much brighter now. Barrie, I love you with all my heart!
Cheryl
 AStableWoman
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I thought it was only in my dreams.
Posted: 12/9/2006 4:11:11 AM
Charlie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I just wanted to add....it was his first day on POF.
Within hours we were talking on the phone. Pretty neat stuff!

Cheryl
 AStableWoman
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2006 2:55:14 AM
Yup....another one! Why would it make you sick to see people happy? Maybe the reason you have been on here for years and found nothing is that lovely attitude of yours!

AStableWoman
 AStableWoman
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2006 3:12:55 AM
ewok123,

You need to pay better attention. We did not tell each other we loved each other on day one.

What right do you have to tell someone they don't know what love is? Maybe YOU don't know what it is.

The man I met here is the love of my life! It has been wonderful. No games, no lines, just pure honesty is the approach we both used that got us to this point. You should try it sometime. And as for needy, you don't have a clue how NOT needy either one of us is. This is the result of being very secure in ones self, happy, and willing to wait for the right one to come along.

We will give you an update in about 20 years, or better yet, give us your address so we can send you a Christmas card and let you know how WE are doing.

AStableWoman
 NancyC123
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/22/2006 3:58:43 PM
Cheryl,

If only all of us singles could be as fortunate as you were --- especially with a site like this one! I wish you all the best!

Whatever you do, simply ignore the "hating" that's going on on this particular thread that you've started! Who would think jealousy comes in so many ugly forms!

If it's meant to be, the two of you will find your own way and I hope your path has more smoothness to it than lumps and bumps!

Much continued happiness!

~Nancy~
 AStableWoman
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 2:00:47 PM
Dear love_more,

I read your profile.....and if he had a sister I would send her your way! He sure was brought up "right". I am so lucky and trust me, your day is coming.

I think it happens for all of us....just not as quickly as we might want. But I also believe timing is everything. I can't say that if he and I had met years ago it would have worked. The fact is that all the crap he and I have been through (divorces), all the learning and years of life experiences, is what prepared us for each other. We came together knowing exactly what we want and what we don't want from a mate, knowing what is most important and having the same goals. Neither one of us had any desire to waste time and play games. I can honestly say, I would go through hell again if I knew it would lead me to him.

AStableWoman

dannyr0697
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 2:57:48 PM
I've posted the words to this song before and this type of thread is the reason for it.

George Strait:" Hey here she comes, a walkin, talkin, true love, sayin I've been looking for you love. Surprise! Your new love has arrived. Out of a blue clear sky."

Yeah, I understood that you and your man DIDN'T profess love for each other the first 3 days, nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

I also understand what you meant, OP, when you said that you knew the first time you looked into his eyes, that he was the one.

A fairytale come to life. Congratulations to you both, and thanks for sharing your fortune.

NancyC123
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/25/2006 7:47:51 PM
".it was his first day on POF.

Yes today is my first day too....and I've never been on any other dating site

No really..........."

Okay, then, what I REALLY meant to say was ignore the SARCASM. Yes, definitely be careful, whatever you do, but I think you're mature enough (unlike others) to know when someone's writing about being CONCERNED about you, and when someone's just being vicious.
 NancyC123
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/26/2006 7:57:12 PM
Sorry, Flying Tiger...
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > I thought it was only in my dreams.