Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Late Night Booty Calls      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 haywiresue
Msg: 1
Late Night Booty CallsPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Last night I was online checking messages about 2 .a.m. after celebrating a birthday party and not being able to go directly to bed.

While checking for messages and after talking to another friend by online messenging, I was contacted by a new man I had never met and we chatted. The conversation was interesting and this man seemed charming, nice and had some things in common to talk about. Well being adults the subject matter always drifts towards sexuality and I always make it clear I am not interested in casual sex or a one night stand or do late nite booty calls. He was ok with that, talked about getting together for dinner and I suggested coffee instead, yada yada yada...........

Well all of a sudden, without a goodbye or warning he just closed the window........WTF?

So being the woman I am, I was not too damn impressed......so I thought for a few moments on what I should do and decided to send him a message. I thought I would share it with others out there:

Email to a booty call:

Thanks for the chat - I thought you were a decent man - guess I was wrong. I didnt appreciate the rudeness of you just closing your window without saying anything. I would have appreciated any of the following comments:

- goodbye
or
- I realized you are not easy - I'm not interested
or
- Oh, I found booty from one of the other windows I had open - gotta go the offer may not last long!

Dont bother contacting me agin.
Sue

Now, I pose these question to you:

HAVE YOU BEEN APPROACHED FOR A LATE NIGHT BOOTY CALL?
HAVE YOU EVER APPROACHED ANYONE FOR A LATE NIGHT BOOTY CALL?
IF YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED THE BOOTY CALL (WE DONT WANT TO KNOW IF YOU DID OR WHAT YOU DID - LETS KEEP THAT PERSONAL) WHAT DID YOU RESPOND WITH OR HOW DID YOU HANDLE THE SITUATION?

Personally, I wish there was a menu item called "ONLINE NOW FOR BOOTY CALLS" and all the people wanting to get laid could collectively shop.
 ~Emerald~
Msg: 2
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 1:20:04 PM
HAVE YOU BEEN APPROACHED FOR A LATE NIGHT BOOTY CALL?
yep

HAVE YOU EVER APPROACHED ANYONE FOR A LATE NIGHT BOOTY CALL?
nope

IF YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED THE BOOTY CALL (WE DONT WANT TO KNOW IF YOU DID OR WHAT YOU DID - LETS KEEP THAT PERSONAL) WHAT DID YOU RESPOND WITH OR HOW DID YOU HANDLE THE SITUATION?
I laughed my head off and went to bed...I wouldnt have bothered, although I do see your point...he cast, and u didnt bite...his loss...

BTW - glad you had fun last night, my daughters and I go to the bar together (Even brought them to wilds a few times) It is an experience that you will never forget...I LOVE it...

~M~
 dianthus9
Msg: 3
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 1:46:18 PM
It is quite possible that his wife/girlfriend walked in and he had to close the window quickly so he wouldn't get caught trolling.
 B. Diva
Msg: 4
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 2:11:02 PM
While I would tend to agree that the guy was probably a jackass, it is within the realm of possibility that his computer crashed and that's why the window got closed so abruptly.
One way to avoid the problem is to set up your instant messaging so that only people who are already on your favourites list can IM you.

I spent a couple months getting "booty calls" on the telephone from a real sweet young man that I had met at a POF singles function. It was kind of fun - a novelty for me - but I haven't heard from him in a few weeks so I guess that's over. Crap. Just when I was starting to believe that he was really a friend and didn't JUST want me for my sexual favours.
 quirky but cute
Msg: 5
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 2:13:18 PM
I have been approached (and it's nice to know I'm not the only one getting these IM's). However, nope I have never approached anyone for said booty call.

I'm far from a prude but seriously I don't understand where men think that it's okay the first time you make contact with someone new to proposition them or make terribly inappropriate comments including but not limited to what they'd like you to do to them or what they would like to do to you. WTF is right.

After that type of communication and they close their IM window abruptly - I rarely give it a second thought aside from 'what were they thinking'? (if it was computer crash - I'd like to believe they would contact you again to explain). As for emailing them after such an encounter, nope. A guy that would behave that way is not someone I would want to exert too much of my time/energy on and in fact if anything they should be thanked for quickening the screening process.

Can you say NEXT.
 DietCoke┬«Guy
Msg: 6
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 2:27:27 PM

Have you ever been approached for a late night booty call?

Nope, think I blew it when I started into geometrical theory in the "Do women hate intelligent men" thread

Have you ever approached anyone for a late night booty call?

Nope, I prefer to play coy.

Have you ever sent a picture of your genitals in your initial correspondence with someone

Well, that's really not a quote, just something that really baffles me.
 MyKidsDad66
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 2:38:54 PM

Well being adults the subject matter always drifts towards sexuality and I always make it clear I am not interested in casual sex or a one night stand or do late nite booty calls. He was ok with that, talked about getting together for dinner and I suggested coffee instead, yada yada yada...........

Well all of a sudden, without a goodbye or warning he just closed the window........WTF?

Hmmm....I gotta defend the male perspective on this one even though I personally have never (knowingly) propositioned someone online for a booty call.

First off, I would agree that when single adults get together and chat, sexuality often comes up in the conversation, though I find it is typically in the form of sexual innuendos made in the context of humour. You state that you made it clear during the conversatin that you are not interested in casual sex and that your conversation was about making plans to meet for coffee when his window closed.

I guess I'm at a loss to understand how that can be interpreted as an attempt to make a booty call followed by the further interpretation that he bailed because you weren't interested in said booty call. Perhaps there is more to the story, but from what you have written, I gotta say that this is a perfect example of where men and women appear to interpret things differently.

I'm worried now and am trying to remember if I have ever been chatting online with someone when my window may have closed for whatever reason (by the way, the POF chat client is about as crappy as they come and has locked up on me before). If I was unable to re-establish a connection quickly and explain what happened, did I make an attempt at a booty call?
 haywiresue
Msg: 8
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 2:49:19 PM
MKD - we chatted for a long time after I told him I wasnt interested in casual sex before his window closed. So that wasnt the immediate reaction from him. His sexual questions were direct and so were my answers. Nothing rude or misleading - just clarity.

About technical problems - I have had that happen and I have private messaged the person I was talking to and let them know - thats about all you can do. If they choose to not respond after that - oh well.

The meeting for coffee discussion was after the sexual clarity point. So, that is why I was scratching my head.

He did in fact ask about wanting to get together for sex then - there was no misunderstanding. The booty call came out when he asked directly about getting together and was told no.
 ~Emerald~
Msg: 9
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 2:54:01 PM
strike sue off her booty call list....lmao
 jdguy
Msg: 10
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 3:01:51 PM
MKD--- i am not sure how one might "unknowingly" ask for a booty call, but maybe there is a way

to each their own i guess with the whole booty call. But do you wanna bet that the reason there are guys trying these intial contact booty calls, is that they have been successful at some point previous. The most successful behaviour modification programs use "intermitent reinforcement" where the target never knows when they will be rewarded, so they keep trying. Probably part of what is happening here. I am sure there are guys who have been successful, though what their success ratio might be i wouldnt want to guess.

to answer questions, with a question of course, does it still count when she calls you looking for a booty call, if you have been seeing each other for a year already???
 MyKidsDad66
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 3:04:02 PM
D'oh! Sue, you logged off!

I was just about to attempt my first online booty call and you logged off before I could do it.

Here's how I envisioned it happening:

MKD starts IM session with Sue

Sue: Hi

MKD: Hi Sue. So, what are your thoughts on people wanting to get together for sex? Maybe we can meet up some time over coffee to chat about your opinion on the topic.

MKD: closes chat window

haywiresue
Msg: 12
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 3:07:05 PM
MKD - will you be at Thurdsays Wing Nite......pant, pant,

Oh Sh*t the window closed.......I guess its no better for me either........

I think we are going to need lessons from the Late Night Booty Men.............
 MyKidsDad66
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 3:11:31 PM
Actually, I'm heading to Tony Roma's this evening for wings as they are cheap on Sunday to Wednesday. I'm dragging a friend of mine out for her first time out for wings. Hopefully, she'll come out with the group after she loses her verwingity.

I don't have my girls on Thursday, so I'll likely be there.
 thorndyke
Msg: 14
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 4:31:27 PM
Virwingity huh? Not bad.

Never PMd anyone for a booty call.
Showing the naughtybits online seems....silly to me more than anything - if they can't stand the sight of my face how could the meat and two veg change their mind?

That being said, I see nothing wrong with being sexually interested in a woman from the info on her prifile (Pics AND text!), but that doesn't mean I (or anyone else) should assume thats all she's offering - especialy when it says "not looking for an intimate encounter"!
There are a lot of sites on the net to look up for that.
 Deranged
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 4:43:40 PM
i've simply disabled my im feature. then i dont get the freaks looking to get laid. and if a person wants to im with me, then they know me well enuff to ask me for my msn... we dont have to im here at all.

so, if the late night booty calls are bothering you, disable your im feature. you can either disable it completely, or allow only your faves list pals to im you.
 Katkats
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 4:46:07 PM
yep have to agree with all that^^^^^
I disabled mine along time ago...

funny thing though....if a friend IM'd me...it never worked.....
but if the IM was from someone looking for "action" they worked every time....
 BBQslave
Msg: 17
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 6:06:58 PM
Hmmmm, i have never gotten one of those, I guess my IM is not working
 JuztMe
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:12:02 PM
I get those often, not always late night either. The other night it was this fella saying lets meet we can cuddle and see where it goes ..All i could do is laugh..Like really what do some of them think POF is for? Makes me wonder at times. shrugs..
 Munkeechi
Msg: 19
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:19:55 PM
ughhhh when I had IM on I'd get those all the time... part of the reason I turned IM off. That or it would just pop up on it's own and some guy would be on the cam holding his c ock. Nastyyyy.
Now I just get the 3am emails from men who are desperate trying to find a booty call (despite the fact I'm not online and haven't been in ages at that time of the morning)... can we say deleted REAL quick?
 B. Diva
Msg: 20
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:21:23 PM
bbqslave - too bad you live so far away! anybody that would pose doing dishes is definitely worth a call.

"hey there big boy wanna come over and DRY?"

Dar
 RedHDeb1
Msg: 21
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 8:16:13 PM
Since my second surgery my sleep pattern is all over the map so often I will be awake in the middle of the night. What better way to pass some time then read the forums. That is when I get the IM asking for booty call. I simply respond not interested and it states so in my preferences. What gets me is those that say they want to start with sex and then see where it goes...hahaha yeah I fell off the tomato truck yesterday...do they really think women will fall for that crap?

I might have been born in the morning but it wasn't yesterday morning.
 Farkis McSwifflebum
Msg: 22
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 8:54:38 PM
I actually have been im'ed for a booty call; yes hard to believe, I know. But in any case she was terribly unattractive so I had to feign technical difficulties. Even if she had been pretty the whole idea seems weird. I've never bothered to booty call anybody here because I'm sure if they're worth having, they won't give it up that easy. I'm sure they would be disease infested too and I happen to like not screaming in pain when I piss.

Wooo!
 medicgirl911
Msg: 23
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 11:44:49 PM
I have had times where I was chatting with someone and something happened to my internet connection or my computer and i went away with out a good bye and could not get back online. Sometimes you need to investigate before you get all angry!

I also spend time on here when I am at work.. my job may suddenly call me away and I cant return.

Just a little something else for you to think about!!
 y_b_good
Msg: 24
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/10/2006 11:52:36 PM
I agree with the person above me...
some would say that people that jump to conclusions could be mmmmmm "insecure"...
 edjoecdn
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Late Night Booty Calls
Posted: 12/11/2006 1:36:12 AM
Can somebody help me....!!!! I'm all throught this profile and all the options...

How does one "turn on" their .... "available for booty call" feature..?

Where is it..? Okay so what it's allmost 4 am... I'm not horney or ... horny... just umm .. oh yeah... messed up sleep patterens..." that rye " on my breath .. no thats my cologne... honest..
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Late Night Booty Calls