Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Holidays at last..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chrissy61
Msg: 1
Holidays at last..Page 1 of 1    
As the Children of Western Australia go on school holidays.. so do i..yay

Although it has only been an 8 week term it feels like it has dragged on and on with less time to do all the things you need to do within the usual 10 week period.

I have several changes happening next year at my school/s. The changes were initiated my me as I would rather be closer to home/ travelling costs/time etc.
I will no longer be at the secondary high school and will be full time at my primary school in the role of special needs.

I will have my work cut out for me with one of my charges .. he is severely behavioural, and needs a lot of care. After my high school experience I'm sure I will be able to take him under my wing and turn him around, eventually. I will do strive to do my best anyway..

It was soooo hard to say goodbye to some of the people I have worked with for 3 years. I thought I would still go back to visit every so often on my half day off but I have been offered full time permanent (woohoo). So the catching up will have to be over the school holidays and weekends now lol

Sooo on holidays till end of January.. haha sucked in to those who only get a few weeks a year!
 nunthewiser
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/10/2006 5:53:25 PM
lol... congrats chrissy....

it is so weird here..... i live about 400mtrs from a primary school and we use the lunch bells for my son so he can get into the routine of having lunch when the school kids do.....lol... well there is no lunch bells til the 29th jan and has missed morning tea...lol... (first day of school for my little one.. prep school look out but hand me the tissues my little boy is growing up)......and it is sooooooo quiet.... im actually missin the screaming and laughing kids sounds that echo in the lunch areas and sports field......

but teachers are still there this week... i have a interview with the head tomorrow... as they forgot to set one up for us....lol.. luckily i rung just before school broke out for the year....
 just roses
Msg: 3
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/10/2006 8:33:44 PM
One more week to go for me, so I need to start working on cutting back on my internet time, so that I can spend some time with my son.

Which is no bad thing, I might add ... perhaps real life will kick in again
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 4
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/10/2006 9:36:59 PM
I remember those day, school holiday. Used to love them and do all the kiddy things. I miss those days and can't wait for the grandchildren.. I keep saying that lol......... geez my boys hate when I talk like that. lol

Enjoy your time with the kids and please post what you do during the holidays with the kids.

Rose.. love the picture, I can't stop laughing everytime you post. lol
 just roses
Msg: 5
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/10/2006 9:40:18 PM
Phew - great that everyone has such a sense of humour here!

I just thought I'd end up looking like a big meanie ....
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 6
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/10/2006 9:41:27 PM
roses.... It's hilarious... !!!! lol......... lol

After all we are all adults..
 nobatteriesBob
Msg: 7
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/10/2006 10:26:28 PM
what has being adult got to do with it, we get pushed off the computer by our kids and we just do as we are told - lol
 Chrissy61
Msg: 8
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/13/2006 10:11:29 PM
GG - so far all the time I have spent with my son is dropping him off at his girlfriends parents place, most afternoons lol
He works, comes home, showers and eats and goes over there for hours and usually comes home in a cab.
He is 15 so I guess he needs him mum just a little.. even if it is for a taxi service and a restaurant!
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 9
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/13/2006 11:44:16 PM
Chrissy all I can say is enjoy it. Really I wish my boys were that age again.

At 15 they go away but want the reasurrance that mum is still there.

I think I am ready to be a grandmother, lol.... i keep saying it but nothing happens.

nobatteriesBob
Msg: 10
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/14/2006 2:24:43 AM
I also wish my girls hadn't grown to the point where they have achieved independance from 'daddy' - sigh

it gets harder every year to realise you have become a father rather than a daddy
 Chrissy61
Msg: 11
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/14/2006 3:41:19 AM
GG
I am already a Grandma.. 3 times!
My son is 28 and has 2 girls, Iyesha 3 and Tayah 10 months.
My daughter is 24 and has a son Joshua, 7 months.
My 15 year old is the only one left at home and as much as I love being a Grandma I hope he doesn't make me a Grandma anytime soon!
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 12
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/14/2006 4:31:00 AM
Ohh how I so admire you. How I would love to hold a baby again in my arms and now that it is my offspring.

Now I am going to put the pressure on my 26 year old.. He needs to reproduce for me. lol

You are so fortunate, enjoy them all, I know if I had grandchildren I would be spoiling them with all my love and heart.

GG
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 13
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 4:36:22 AM
Ahh now I want grandchildren even more.... Chrissy you have your grandchildren up on your profile. You should be really proud of them and yourself. They are adorable.

big hugs and loving wishes to them .. they are beautiful.

Man, listen to me... I think I am going nuts over grandchildren... I think I will join Gypsy with adopting another child. lol

just roses
Msg: 14
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:50:26 PM
Hmmm, grandchildren ... I am a little divided in my feelings about being a Nana. Know I'll love it when the time comes, but with my youngest only 8, I'd like to think I get a few more years in just as Mum.

My girls are still young yet, but ooh - they are maternal! I think I'd likely be a more hands on Nan with my daughters children somehow, hypothetically could see myself ending up as a caregiver while the girls work.

Are there any other Nana's out there who have found this, or does it not make a difference if the grandkids have your daughters or daughters-in-law as Mum's? Am just musing here, and really quite happy to simply cross this bridge when I come to it.

Oh - and the holidays have gotten off to a good start here already, to get back on topic. We did the big Christmas Carols in the park with some lovely friends last night, and got nice and wet in the process. Too much fun!
 nunthewiser
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:54:53 PM
lol.. i got stares from people thinking i was strange with one leg soaked.... got a giggle from the citycat crewmen...lol.. although cute.... he got the evil eye.... he thought i had pissed myself....lol.. night was fun entertaining....the trip home as tiring.... my little one was saying how much he missed rosies little one and wanted a sleep over very soon....lol..
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 16
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 3:46:50 PM
well at least it sounds like you all had fun at Carols by Candelight in the rain.

I have decided to go to church this year on Christmas Eve, the local schools put on a nativity parade with an earlier mass service. I saw this done in Europe when I was there but not here (that is how long it's been) and to see the little darlings all dressed up in Angel costumes and shepherds singing Xmas carols should put be really nice.

nobatteriesBob
Msg: 17
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 6:21:46 PM
There's nothing as joyous (after ones own children) than grandchildren - our parents revenge for all the sleepless nights caused by our kids - spoil en rotten and then hand em back - yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 sewluvlee
Msg: 18
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 7:27:28 PM
yay, holidays have started here now too
 nunthewiser
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Holidays at last..
Posted: 12/15/2006 7:59:10 PM
o found my chrissy cd's my sister has had for about 4years....(past and present artists)... and my sons is saying they are singing it all wrong.... and just doesnt like Last Christmas from Wham!.....lol.. no one can do chrissy songs like bing crosby and doris day....
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Holidays at last..