Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Amusing Misspellings And Freudian Slips      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Missy
Msg: 1
Amusing Misspellings And Freudian SlipsPage 1 of 1    
I got a kick out of the "executive" that had typos throughout his entire profile - guess his secretary didn't use spell check when his profile was created ;)
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 11
Amusing Misspellings And Freudian Slips
Posted: 11/17/2012 8:43:01 PM
If they'd been smart, they'd have left it at 'Pefect' ... great unintentional marketing, and it would've gotten more attention than after it was changed to be 'correct' ... now it's just a missed opportunity.
 billingsmason
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/18/2012 1:00:16 AM
themasses....
 BeachBikeHike
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/8/2014 8:15:52 AM

Were those spelling mistakes on purpose or is this irony at it's best?

Correction: Were those spelling mistakes on purpose or is this irony at its best?

I mean, duh.

Just saw this in a man's profile: I enjoy interesting "conversions" about topics.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/9/2014 5:36:58 PM
Oh great! Another self appointed spelling nutzi.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/9/2014 5:52:05 PM
One woman with whom I was corresponding would use "no" instead of "know" in her sentences.
It would completely change the meaning and it would drive me nuts.

When answering her notes, I found a way to use "know" in my messages and she didn't pick-up on it. :-)
Once she got into there, their, they're, your, you're, yore, to, too, and two...it became too much to bear.
 Ainen
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/10/2014 7:44:20 AM
At the end of one college year, a well meaning cafeteria worker wrote on the marker board, "Good luck on all your testes".

A female DJ on the local rock station meant to say "compact diSk". She laughed it off by saying, "We know what's on my mind!"
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/12/2014 6:52:23 AM
Were those spelling mistakes on purpose or is this irony at it's best?

Correction: Were those spelling mistakes on purpose or is this irony at its best?

I mean, duh

It took you nearly two years to respond to an apostrophe?? C'mon, you can do better than that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Amusing Misspellings And Freudian Slips