Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Your Browser of Choice ..... and why :>)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wrenchspinner
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Your Browser of Choice ..... and why :>)Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Some folks are die hard IE people, another common one is Firefox, but there are many more ways out there to navigate around on the ole www and I'm curious about who uses what and for what reason(s).

For myself it's Firefox. It gives me everything I need in a browser and I feel I can surf with relative assurance that I'm doin so safely. It also has several very functional extensions and enough skins/themes available to allow me to customize it to suit my own needs and tastes, but .......

What are some other views and thoughts on browsers from the other folks on here ??

Kim
 2findU
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Your Browser of Choice ..... and why :>)
Posted: 12/17/2006 10:09:31 AM
I've been using "Slimbrowser" for years. I like it because it is multitabbed. It works of the IE engine. The new IE is multitabbed now (what took so long?) but I still prefer the Slimbrowser because I have used it for so long now.
 Fibonacci
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/17/2006 9:53:33 PM
Mozilla Firefox

Speed, built-in pop-up blocking, File->New Window opens a Google search page, rather than the same content as on the previous page, which is important if the latter has too much information and the connection is kinda slow.
Firefox also has a download manager of its own and keeps records of all your downloads.

The only minus with Firefox is that (quite rarely) it crashes to force the user to re-open itself. But in general, I opt for Firefox, quite a nifty contraption for all your browsing needs.
 Wrenchspinner
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2006 4:28:47 AM
I used to have one of the freebie versions of Opera a year or so ago (can you say Ad - Filled!) and see folks mention it from time to time. I'm curious about what the draw might be to use it.

BTW, I found a cool extension for FF last weekend called Foxy Tunes and added it. It gives ya a media controller right at the bottom edge of your browser window that I have found really handy since I always have XMMS running

Kim
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 5
Your Browser of Choice. . . and why (=•_•=)
Posted: 12/22/2006 4:43:36 AM
Opera Press Release

http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2005/09/20/

Opera Eliminates Ad Banner and Licensing Fee
Oslo, Norway - September 20, 2005

Opera Software today permanently removed the ad banner and licensing fee from its award-winning Web browser. The ad-free, full-featured Opera browser is now available for download - completely free of charge – at http://www.opera.com.

Opera had tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking, a download manager and many other features long before there even was a Firefox.

Opera runs circles around the Fox.
 mmjt2595
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/22/2006 8:59:20 AM
I only use Firefox, more secure and I like the extensions
 afterimage
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/22/2006 9:24:46 PM
Maxthon...because it's the best browser I've used.

I have FireFox installed also but only use it for the DownThemAll and FlashGot/FlashGet extensions.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 8
Your Browser of Choice. . . and why (°¿°)
Posted: 12/23/2006 5:05:23 PM
I like the Opera browser but it doesn't offer the amount of customization Firefox does.

Name one thing that you can customize in Firefox but not in Opera.
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2006 3:34:28 AM
Firefox because Google Browser Sync lets me keep bookmarks and history sync'd between my 2 Macs and my PC
 Adattude
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:59:35 AM
I used Opera for awhile, but firefox is just superior. I tried the new IE for a bit, its ok, but I'm gonna stick with firefox.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 11
Your Browser of Choice and Why (-•¿•-)
Posted: 2/6/2007 8:14:01 PM
I have just installed K-Meleon 1.02 and I like it. The cache system is fast and it has a better zoom feature than Opera. I think I may switch and use it as my main browser.

The fastest cache by far is the Off By One browser. Though it's a rather limited browser, it's fun to play with and has some unique uses.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Your Browser of Choice ..... and why :>)