Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Conversation just for the sake of it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoneside
Msg: 1
Conversation just for the sake of itPage 1 of 1    
This is a two part question. First, would you chat with a person just for the sake of of having a conversation. No thought of dating this person, just to have somebody to learn about?

The second part is, I'd like to know how many people have been able to find chat buddies.

I just has somebody tell me we can't be chat buddies cus they're not attracted to me.
 stoneside
Msg: 2
Conversation just for the sake of it
Posted: 12/18/2006 1:44:34 PM
Now I have another question from one of the responses, lol.

Wouldn't most of us prefer to to turn a frienship into a relationship, rather than just jumping straight into a relationship?
 stoneside
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/18/2006 5:50:11 PM
Of all the people I've met in person from here, about half listed "friends" or "e-mail/chat" on thier profiles and I'm pretty sure most of those people would never have talked to me if I had told them I'm not looking to meet. I learned long ago that what a person lists as to what they are looking for, means very little by itself.

I was just thinking about something, why I started this thread. Most people on here list all the same things (inc. me lol) in their profiles. A great person that's honest and fun. I was thinking, if I were a "great peson" how would I look for another "great person". I'd talk to people, lol. Was just wondering to myself how many "great people" leave a dating site because hey have a hard time just starting conversations. Male and female "great people".

Anyway, this was my deep thinking for the month.
 jg65
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:40:30 PM
Yes it is possible
been there...
still doing that...
and why the hell not???
 darkjedi1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:54:26 PM
Hell i would rather have a girl who was a friend that turned into something else. Been there done that with the ones had sex and then got to know each other, yeah that didnt last long. Im here to make friends and hopefully find the girl of my dreams.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Conversation just for the sake of it