Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Can't post to a thread? - How to S      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woodrow9876
Msg: 1
view profile
History
FAQ: Can't post to a thread? - How to Start A Thread Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm curious as to why it might be that I can post to threads except for one...which simply does not allow for it (hit the button, goes to the list of threads, my post disappears).

just curious...

How To Start A Thread / Reply / Edit Your Posts

1. Look at the list of sub forum categories from the main POF Forum here --> Main POF Forum List Page.

Click on one that strikes your interest and then examine all the discussion threads going on.

You could also click on the on Canada or USA for your local list of sub Provincial or State Sub Forums from the above same page and pick a Province or State.

For example click on the Relationship Forum and scan the topics.

2. If you have a topic in mind that you would like to start, please search first using the FORUM Thread Search Tool, because if it's been posted before, you should join that discussion, no matter how old the thread is, unless it's an advice subject very specific to your situation.

If you start a redundant topic, or do not adhere to the Posting Guidelines, chances are it will be deleted.

3. If you can't find one, then click on this button, , top left hand corner, and away you go.

4. Don't forget to give your thread a valid subject line that reflects its contents, so that others can search to see if it's been posted already.

5. If you only want to reply to the thread subject, just click on this icon and type your reply/post into the blank area, then click the post button. Your reply will go to the end of the thread regardless of which post you click reply on.

... and please, don't post a reply to a thread that has zero relevance to that thread's subject. Every thread has a specific subject.

6. If you want to reply to a specific post in a thread, do the same as above, except it would be helpful if you quoted portions of the passage you are replying to because as previously mentioned, all replies go to the end of the thread and it may not seem obvious to everyone, what or whom you are replying to, without quoting the passage/post you are replying to.

7. "Quoting" simply means copying a part of the passage you are replying to, into your reply and distinguishing it in such a way, so that the audience can discern the quoted passage versus your reply. An example on how to quote HERE.

In either case, when you do click on the post reply button, you will note that whichever post you are replying to. its contents will be presented to you, above the reply area so that you can readily copy and paste portions of it for quoting purposes.

8. To Edit Your Post For new Members, your Profile has to have been in Existence for at least 72 Hours, and at least 8 - 10 Posts are required first before the (Edit Post) Function becomes available to you. As long as you are Forum Logged-in, you can "edit" your Post for up to 15 Minutes after you have posted your Forum Message

9. Read The Posted Rules Prior To Posting

Forum Posting Guidelines
    Acceptable Use & Posting Rules

Most Everything You Need To Know About Posting and the Forums

Posting / Forum FAQs

Limit of Starting Only Three New Threads Per Day

markus
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can't post to a thread?
Posted: 4/3/2005 11:16:07 PM
don't use the At Sign.
 ÐÎLLÏGÃF™
Msg: 3
can't post to some threads???
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:47:35 PM
hmmmm some times it let's me post.. and other time zippo...or it is too short..( I understand if it's like 3 word's it might be too short).. but... hmmmm
what's the deal...

click here --> Why Can I Not Post.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then eMail CSR here
 Lookinginfresno
Msg: 4
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 1/28/2007 7:05:40 PM
Hi,

I went to the link, "Main Forum List Page,' and I didn't see a New Thread icon to click. I Would like to start a new thread, but just can't find the place to start. I have veiwed the "Why Can I Not Post," site, but it does not apply to me. This is my second email. PLease tell me how to start a original thread.

Best Regards,

Rick Henson

I went to the link, "Main Forum List Page,' and I didn't see a New Thread icon to click.

you have to pick a sub forum of interest as it says in the following from above Post #4

Pick a sub-forum from the following page, click there--> Main Forum List Page that strikes your interest,

PLease tell me how to start a original thread.

Use the thread search facility found in the upper right to ensure the thread hasn't been done to death already and you should be fine. Just make sure the thread has a valid topic for discussion or debate.

whyspr
Msg: 5
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:31:05 PM
Im having trouble figuring out the right place to ask this question. I hope this is the place.

Almost every time I want to post something I'm having to log in, and yes I have the Log in automatically thing checked. Also I just spent 20 minutes writing a long poem, hit post and it took me to the log in screen. My poem was completely lost . Can someone please tell me why this is doing this? It's only been the last couple of days and I've been on the site for close to a year now I think.

help...please...
 heARTeacher
Msg: 6
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 8/3/2007 7:37:35 AM
I want to post a new thread "Artists dating artists experiences" and cannot seem to start it. I did search the threads and it isn't in there. I don't seem to have a "new thread" button. Is there a particular page that would appear on, am I blocked from that, or is there something elusive that I'm not aware of? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

cherIam
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Can't post to a thread?
Posted: 8/6/2007 7:46:18 PM
How do I GO ABOUT POSTING A THREAD,I've not a clue, HELP! NEED INSTRUCTIONS PALEZ MERCI Cher

Read Message #4, or click here --> Why Can I Not Post.

UnzippedPassion
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Can't post to a thread?
Posted: 8/6/2007 8:07:51 PM
Combine msg 4 and 7!

Click on the words "Main Forum List Page" in msg 4 or 7! That will take you to a list of all the Main Forum Catagories!

When you decide which one strikes your interest, or the one your thread should be listed under based on the topic.....click on it to open it up.

Next, click where it says "New Thread" on the top left side of the page.

"Don't forget to give your thread a valid subject line that reflects its contents."

"Use the thread search facility found in the upper right to ensure the thread hasn't been done to death already and you should be fine. Just make sure the thread has a valid topic for discussion or debate."

Now where did I hear that before?
 BlueBucket
Msg: 9
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 10/1/2007 5:45:41 AM
Everytime I try and post in the forum, I get an internet connection problem screen? How do I overcome this? Is it my browser settings or is it something else?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 10
 Islandmusicman 2
Msg: 11
FORUMS: Can't post to a thread? - How to Start A Thread
Posted: 10/2/2007 11:24:30 AM
I want to post an event and keep getting a thread. how do I do that?
 yayawhatever
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2007 1:30:09 PM
Create a normal thread to gauge interest first, then when you are ready to post to the Event Threads
Contact me or any of the Forum Moderators and we will check your event to ensure it is in accordance with the guidelines and move it for you.

Related Thread:Planning on Hosting a Event? Things you need to Know

Deceased~
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/20/2007 12:10:23 PM
I believe it is a matter of the three day waiting period. You are allowed to post here but not in other threads. Probably the problem will disappear as soon as the clock ticks over to the time today that marks your full three days?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 14
 ezeflyer
Msg: 15
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/12/2008 12:16:01 PM
there is no "new thread button" on my main forum list page...whats the deal? thx
 Ticketoride
Msg: 16
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/12/2008 12:34:33 PM
there is no "new thread button" on my main forum list page...whats the deal?

Related Links:Forums: How to make a New Thread
 passionandsong
Msg: 17
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/13/2008 12:58:28 PM
ok i have tried to post about 30 threads.none have come up so..heres my last one,done today.
subject..hockey trades and free agents.
ok people lets bring out the armchair g.m in all of us.post up trades that you feel will make sense.maybe if the thread sticks we can move on to draft picks and free agents.i will start with a trade

montreal gets hossa,atlanta gets halak,chipchura and a first.(possibly kostytsin instead of a first).there is no thread like that except for a lets talk hockey thread.however more detailed hockey thread have been allowed.is there something i am doing wrong?ive read all through your advice threads and cant seem to find an answer.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 18
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/13/2008 6:40:41 PM
ok i have tried to post about 30 threads.none have come up so

You won't be making any new Threads. You don't search for existing ones on a given Topic, but create Redundant ones. Thus your Privilege to make New Threads has been revoked.
 Alisa711
Msg: 19
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:33:44 PM
OK I'm not sure if I'm asking my question in the right subject/thread but here it goes:
I replied to a forum....and it posted but it doesn't show up on my profile for others to view it? How can I fix it so it'll show on my profile or what am I doing wrong?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 20
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:52:49 PM
How can I fix it so it'll show on my profile or what am I doing wrong?

Make another 5 Posts, then let Midnight PST pass and they should be there on your Profile by Morning.

Related Links:Profiles: Forum Post/Report Member Links Requirements
Forums: Unable to post after 3 Days
 passionandsong
Msg: 21
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 2/14/2008 2:41:27 PM
You won't be making any new Threads. You don't search for existing ones on a given Topic, but create Redundant ones. Thus your Privilege to make New Threads has been revoked.

as of when?

[ As of some Time ago. No Records, except Severity & Number of Instances. No need for any Explanation whatsoever, all it takes is 1 obvious, D2D Thread you have made - Lights out, as you have no Intent to play be the Rules. No Report back to you either, or other Queries in Respect to your Thread Revocations/ Ticketoride ]
 Nexus 6
Msg: 22
view profile
History
how 2 post a new thread?
Posted: 5/26/2008 9:30:48 PM
I've exhaustively searched for an answer to this but still can't figure this out, it appears to be a glitch. I can not start a new topic. I can reply just fine. I have not started more than 3 in the last 24 hours (haven't started even one for months actually) and I've never broken any rules. The topic is one that has not been discussed according to all searches I do, it's in the right forum and violates no policies. If I am using a word or phrase that the spam filter is catching, I can't imagine what it could be as I've tried retyping the same basic post 4 different ways and it still won't post. I don't get any error message. I am sure that I'm clicking the "post" and not the "cancel" link. When I click to post I am taken back to the sub-forum topic page, and that's it. I've tried waiting several hours between attempts to see if there is just some sort of delay in showing up, but no such luck. I'm no internet dummy, but this problem has me stumped.

Your New Thread Creating Privileges were revoked for making Done2Death Threads. Once they are gone, they are gone, I won't discuss anything, won't reinstate it, won't get them back.
Case Closed / Ticketoride
 MissMafia90
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/18/2008 10:21:39 PM
my prob isn't so much not being able to post, but cant view replys
 Ticketoride
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/18/2008 10:36:44 PM
cant view replys

Delete your Cookies and Temporary Internet Files.

Should that not resolve the Situation, try the Firefox Browser with Instant Messenger
 ~Hello~
Msg: 25
can't post to some threads??? > can't start a thread ..
Posted: 4/12/2009 8:05:21 AM
I've not started any new threads for sometime .. haven't had any problems posting at all. Today I tried to start a new thread and nadda?? tried a couple times and it just won't take. I'm not using the 'and' sign or anything else that conflicts with the rules.
Can you tell me why I can't start a thread?

Thanks
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Can't post to a thread? - How to Start A Thread