Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Cricket.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Puffable
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Cricket.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Pakistan are the only team to play the world cup and come home with the ASHES
 pantsonfire
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:34:32 AM
It just gets worse though doesn't it , so many of the alleged top teams just haven't produced good cricket and the underdogs have thrived... Maybe this is the wake up call we all needed....
 vladtepes97
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 10/27/2007 6:23:42 AM
ok, here's the situation. batsmen cross for a run and come back for a second.

but one of the fielders notices that one of the batsmen did not ground his bat behind the crease to complete the first run before setting off for the second. he approaches the umpire about it. what's the umpire's call? no call since the umpire did not see it himself? probably.

what if the umpire saw it but none of the fielders saw it? is there a signal for "no run?" does he have to wait for an appeal before making that call?

discuss
 vladtepes97
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:15:20 AM

If the batsmen had taken two runs then they would only be awarded one.

but, since a run is scored by going crease to crease, and since the batsman did not reach the first crease, can he really be awarded even one run since he essentially ran the length of the pitch twice without going crease to crease?
 vladtepes97
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 10/28/2007 3:58:41 AM
so, which run did they complete, the first or second? in neither case did the batsman cross both creases. he essentially wandered out of his crease and returned without going to the other end. if the stumps had been broken on his way back the correct call for dismissal might have been stumped rather than run out.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 10/29/2007 6:31:57 AM
so, all they need to do is cross at mid-pitch for the run to count?
 vladtepes97
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 11/30/2007 8:55:01 PM
boy, i'm ashamed to show my face in public. but i'm in the usa now, so i'm ok. zimbabwe trounced the windies trounced by 30 runs today. shiv had 127* but they never challenged the asking rate. a shameful display and zimbabwe played very well.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:30:41 AM
i decided as soon as i heard about it that 20/20 cricket does not exist in my universe. i have not changed that outlook about that travesty, so i'm really mad that the windies went to SA and the first thing they do is waste a day playing around with that baseball slugfest instead of playing real cricket. have these players no pride? well, i know the windies are working on rebuilding pride, but what about south africa? they're a great team. why are they allowing themselves to be subject to this insult to intelligence? one of you boys has to go over to the oval and make an ugly placard or something to show our displeasure.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 12/19/2007 9:57:55 PM
i read a news report about the baseball drug scandal in the usa to my aunty and she suggested that the clean players tell the league to either get rid of the drug users or they'll walk out. i thought that would be a great way to send a message to young people about steroids.

anyway, to cricket, yes, baseball slugfest. there's no strategy. it's just batting practice. hit the ball as hard and as far as you can. with luck, it will land somewhere safely, just like in baseball. cricket is not supposed to be about luck and chance.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:32:54 AM
ok, that's long enough. here we go.

who has taken the most test catches without taking a test wicket?
who has taken the most odi catches without taking an odi wicket?
 vladtepes97
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 2/16/2008 5:46:08 PM
it means they have taken catches in matches that allowed bowlers to claim wickets, but have never bowled balls themselves which claimed even a single wicket.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 2/17/2008 12:45:53 PM
i suppose i should qualify my questions.

most catches excluding wicketkeepers.

you guys make me have to work too hard.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Cricket.
Posted: 2/20/2008 4:41:55 PM
ok, here are the answers.

who has taken the most test catches without taking a test wicket?

stephen fleming has taken 166 test catches without ever having taken a test wicket himself.

who has taken the most odi catches without taking an odi wicket?

jonty rhodes took 105 odi catches without ever having taken a odi wicket himself.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 48
view profile
History
brian lara
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:44:41 PM
should lara come out of retirement? surely the wicb has realised the errors of its ways and wishes they had him back. surely he still has much to offer. what say you?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Cricket.