Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Why do Guys Chicken out??????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duffy1945
Msg: 5
Why do Guys Chicken out??????Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This is why I don't spend 3 weeks chatting with anyone. I like to meet right away to make sure they "exist

This is my philosophy as well. Why not meet in person if the initial urge is there right away. If they have been posting at all, there is some indication of the mindset of the individual, if they haven't then maybe a couple of emails is enough.

As for him chickening out, maybe he has had times of it being done to him, or what he thought might be about to happen, wasn't what he was quite ready for? The only real answer is his.

Netting is legal in some areas, but I like the native american style of fishing, tie three or four sticks of dynamite together, light the fuse, and toss it into the pond just before it is goiing to explode, only the strong will survive to live another day
 papabear316
Msg: 9
Why do Guys Chicken out??????
Posted: 1/4/2007 12:17:09 PM
"Then again, maybe it's me whose scaring them because i am usually quite happy and passionate at the idea of meeting someone new."

Senadin, you almost make it sound like there are women out there who aren't prepared meeting guys like you describe because they are so few and far between...would you say that might be an accurate statement?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/4/2007 2:27:32 PM
I conducted a little experiement this spring and summer.

I posted a good "friendly" dating profile with very nice pics and then talked to EVERONE who contacted me.

In 4 months had correspondance with roughly 500 men, was on 200 favourites lists and asked by about 50 men if I would meet. I said yes every time.

Know how many men actually met?

None.

who_the_fox
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/4/2007 2:32:08 PM
Not whining...making a point. If you email 1.5 ladies a week, that means about 80 emails a year....big deal. You invested what? Maybe 5 hours of your life composing those emails?

Which is worse? Getting no replies at all or wasting a couple of weeks of your life over and over and over again?

The end result is all the same....none of us are meeting any potential mates, are we?
 papabear316
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/4/2007 3:02:25 PM
It all depends on the reasoning WHY said chickening out is happening. Is shyness a legitimate excuse? How about fear? Fear of hurt and pain...might be a legit one as well, but let me put it this way...

IMOH (I can't stress that enough)...I do believe when they say THE LORD HATES A COWARD. Not literally, but I believe the point that remark is making. I have heard so many times THE PAST IS IN THE PAST here, work, bars, you name it...and it is true. I would rather have the satisfaction of trying, failing and knowing, rather than chicken-sh!tting out and always wonder for the rest of my life....what might have happened IF. I know...been there, done that, wrote the book, saw the movie. Yes, I still may feel fear, but I guess it shows, even if only to ourselves, what kind of person we are if we can over come it. Harsh words you think? Hey...harsh world...adapt...

Then there are those who like to play games, but I won't even go there...I'm sure there is another thread for that......
 foxtrox
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2007 7:26:32 PM
Yes, some men do, but it also happen to us, some women back out and don't want to meet after saying yes. I have one woman who email me and told me will meet for coffee, and suddently disappear without saying a reason. Another woman I emailed and she was kind of cool and said nice thing. After couple email, she put me in my favorite, and next time I know she blocked me and remove me as her favorite.
Is that not both guys and gals are chicken out???????
 spoiledsambo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 9:24:41 PM
Maybe 'the guy' was actually a woman, it's the internet remember!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/6/2007 9:59:35 PM
short answer

he thought he could do better
 duffy1945
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/6/2007 10:28:37 PM

..I bet if you ask guys the question, as many girls chicken out too.....

This has happened to me, three times that I can recall, and all from people on other sites, seems to me the ladies here are more hesitant to accept from someone my age, but it is not a big deal. There will come a day when I can sweep someone off their feet, adn they will do the same for me!!

I have met more people at the meets than on a one to one, and I am glad that I did start going to the functions. The functions have eliminated the anxiety buildup of trying the one one one, if something works out from one of the meets, that to me is a bonus!!
 still-grey-areas
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/4/2012 9:28:40 AM

Yep I would love to, and the ass didn't show up

Wow, you took quite the hiatus lass. However, if you were even paying any attention through those years , surely you noticed the sniveling directed at the very point you're referring to, ad nauseum. In fact, I'm pretty sure that guys were doing the lion's share of the whining to that effect. It's just the nature of this medium and modern day society.
C'est la vie.
 still-grey-areas
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/4/2012 4:37:49 PM
....and I thought my leaving for 3 years or whatever it was, was a long break. My hat goes off to ya gal. (oh, and yes you were whining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1YoVo_y0tU LOL Don't make me put ya over my knee for sugar coating facts that're here in black and white) JK

OT- Some years back when I was fairly active around these parts, it was quite common to see folks on here griping about being left standing where a prearranged meeting was supposed to take place. That applied to both genders too, but I think as a lot of guys do much of their thinking with their little heads, they tended to roll the dice a bit more readily in the hopes that they might get lucky. That's not to say that there ain't plenty of predatory cougars in these parts though as a few even had their way with me over the years too, *(fingers crossed and held behind back)* despite my sincere efforts to escape their clutches. LOL
I personally showed for a couple meeting actually that were as innocent as meeting for a few drinks and maybe a game of pool or the like, only to look around and see the person I was to meet wasn't present. Not a huge surprise though really, being familiar with how common the mentions of such happenings on here were. I just didn't have too high of expectations or let stuff like that bother me. Tomorrow's another day
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Why do Guys Chicken out??????