Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's up with people in clubs these days?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wanderbaby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's up with people in clubs these days?Page 1 of 1    
shouldn't you post this in ask a guy, since guys are the one that are standing around staring at girls dancing lol. i do find that a bit odd that guys are in the sidelines and don't particpate but observe girls dancing. But then if you just came into the club, I wouldn't rush off to dance til I had a few drinks to loosen me up.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What's up with people in clubs these days?
Posted: 1/30/2007 1:30:44 AM
Ok. My personal problems with the bar scene.

Your supposed to take a look around and see if anyones checking you out at all.

Right, have you people BEEN to a bar? Its goddamn dark in there, and added to the fact that im nearsighted (just a little, but enough) Im not seeing shit-all untill im closer. So you spend the first bit of the night wandering circles around the bar like you cant remember where you left your friends at. Untill you happen to see a girl that might be looking at you. Or at the guy next to you. Or behind you at the TV / Guy / Her friend / Husband / BF / Life partner.

Ask them some witty inteligent or otherwise stimulating question...

Again, have you people been to a bar? I cant even hear my friends, and there a loud buncha guys... How the hell are we supposed to hear you girls.

Dance... Yeah, not untill I have had a little liquid courage. What can I say, to this dance / pop stuff I have white-boy rythem.

More talking / dancing... So, basically, I scream a sentance, then pretend that I can hear her answer. (Judge this by facial expressions, just look for yes/no its the easiest) ALL the while, POUNDING alchol back, to help overcome the fear of looking like Napolean Dynamite out there...

End the night, SO drunk I cant barly walk, So deaf that its not that I cant remember her number when she tells me, but that I CANT GODDAMN hear her. And, still go home alone.

Only now, I get to stink like BO and the Bar. Be out a buncha cash spent on drinks for girls whos names I couldnt hear, even tho I asked 4 times. AND I even get the consolation prize of a hangover tomorrow.

Yay. More please.
 belly18dancer
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/30/2007 5:51:26 AM
I go to a club to dance, not to be picked up...I usually go to the same club now since my fuddy duddy friends dont go out with me anymore...and so I go it alone...so i feel safe at this place, and the main reason why is i do have a reputation...comes alone, dances alone, leaves alone...so the regulars know me, the bartenders and djs, they know i dont bother anyone...and i feel safe and can dance my heart out....i do draw men who just sit and stare at me, and once in awhile i do see a guy who is cute and wish he'd ask, but they usually dont....

but then i remember the few guys i've met in clubs i dated and think...thank God...dont want that anyways
 wambotap
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/30/2007 2:30:40 PM
Couldn't agree more. Women responding with things like "I'm quick to shoot him down." You're just too quick to judge and I bet you'd soon notice if NO guys wanted to talk to you!!
 Rain4Eva
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2007 1:16:18 PM
The point of a club and women going to them are for the women to dance, and most of them there have a boyfriend, or married etc... Like 95% of women at the club are there to have a good time, and really don't want to be bothered, and that's pretty much it.

That's exactly why you see most guys looking at the women and not doing anything about it lol. Why don't you go there and start dancing, or start up a conversation (in the club) with a woman, I bet 9 times outta 10 you're gonna get shot down.

~Anthony.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's up with people in clubs these days?