Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > utility bills      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aquaplane
Msg: 3
view profile
History
utility bills Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think that you will find that the amount they were asking for will be fairly near what you need to pay. OK it will be in their favour by a bit but not excessivly.
Now millions are going to say how much they are being ripped off for and how much infront they are.
Prices have gone up a lot this year and your bills are going to rise. If you can't afford what they are asking for turn your thermostat down and use less gas. Don't stop paying by DD, your bills will go up even more and you will end up with a bigger debt.
It's good that you don't smoke and don't drink much. Could you save money on SKY/mobile phone/internet, all luxuries?
 evan2
Msg: 7
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:27:06 AM
Nursie nothing wrong with that as long as you can afford it.... but honestly needing the internet for school? That is a luxury, sure I was lucky my senior year because in 1999 the internet was powerful but no where as powerful as it is today..... I was able to download a economics paper and changed a few things and got a 95% on it. Granted Its not the way to learn I could care less and already joined the air force and knew I was leaving. I didnt need the class nor the credits but it was a college class and I paid for the credits so I said **** writing one.

I dont see why they need the internet for school unless things have really changed, I assume it would be easy since you could prob use the net nowadays to help with homework.

Sinec most of us here grew up going to school and doing things the old fashion way
 evan2
Msg: 8
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:29:02 AM
and pink I cant really speak on the whole bill thing since Im american and your companies could do things differently but I know my mom who is going through a divorce right now is having trouble with her heat bill for the winter since they charge you all at once. Granted they have used this company for nearly 30 years she was able to call them a few times and get an extension because of the situation. I told her I would pay her winter heat bill but of course my mom being a new yorker she has far to much pride and is trying to buy me things and Im like grrr stop.

Id say keep calling them to see if you could set up a payment plan.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 9
view profile
History
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:30:34 AM
My son got a detention for turning in a homework that was handwritten and not printed out .. So I'm afraid that's not true .. and anyway when you cannot afford nights out and such, then the internet can be the only way to have any adult conversation ...
Excellent advice on the payment card though ..I have just recieved a phone call back from a relative who is senior management and he suggested the same thing ... Cancel the DD and use it on a payment card .. Just make sure you go out straight away and pay it when the money goes in
 evan2
Msg: 16
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:28:23 AM
I know I was asked to leave the chat with nurise out of this but are you kidding me.. they have to do a load of research...ok but I know damn well you and I both grew up doing school work the same way for the most part...

have you ever heard of a library? and no not to go there and use thier internet, sure the net is great and all but shit have we forgot how things used to be done. Not everyone in the world even has a computer yet....

I just got my first gas and elec bill... for dec it was 21 quid for elec and 36 for gas...
I dont think thats bad at all and then again I get money from the govt for bills being us military and when I lived in swindon in a 4bedroom with my ex wife home all day our bills were high and I made no money
now thatim alone in a 2 bedroom cottage Im making money since my only bills are internet phone and elec gas water

no water bill yet but that shouldnt be that much, I just wash in the river in the back yard... (ok im kidding)

I think getting rid of Sky since I dont watch tv helped.... and paying internet isnt a issue since I lived on base and had that and will always have internet....

when you live on base you dont get the bill money but all your utils are free
 aquaplane
Msg: 22
view profile
History
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 10:11:13 AM
Msg 4, pink, I got it first time, you can’t pay for the gas you are using but keep internet access. If I was cold and hungry, I wouldn’t have Internet, it would be hard but not as hard as going hungry.

And I gave you the same advice as Calamity, but her advice was good and mine was bad? I said to keep on paying by direct debit, it’s the cheapest way to pay. I’ve not heard about those card thingies, they look like they are worth looking into.

Msg 6: Internet is a luxury, if it comes to food and heat or internet the choice is obvious to me. Some folk believe Sky, Internet and mobile phones are all essentials, you can live without them believe me, not in the manner to which we have become accustomed, but you can do it if you have to.

I tried to justify the expense of having Internet access by using homework as an excuse. It’s not a good excuse at all.

Uswitch is crap, they quote the cheapest from the companies who pay them a commission for each person who switches, not the company with the cheapest utility prices.
 evan2
Msg: 29
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 12:39:11 PM
not saying dont have internet if you can afford it I simply find it stupid that schools now expect kids to haveeee to use the internet. In Highschool my teachers frowned upon it they thought it was cheating since most kids didnt have it like I did. I got my first computer in 3rd grade.... in the 80s... so yea I was a lucky kid
 stevencl
Msg: 35
view profile
History
utility bills
Posted: 1/8/2007 4:13:45 PM
the problem is that these companies are ripping us off. wholesale gas prices have come down by 50% in the last few months but these f***ing companies keep putting their prices up
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > utility bills