Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Do homosexuals need to be protected from religious bigotry?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Do homosexuals need to be protected from religious bigotry?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

that may lead to the prosecution of those of tender sensibilities should they display persecution to those with unsavoury abilities.

What on earth are unsavoury abilities ????
The ability to take a large fruit up the bottom?
You say man on man action, so presumably mutual muff munching is allowable ... ? I'm only asking???
Me personally, as long as they kept their bodily emissions off the flock wallpaper and didn't damage the silk screen painting of the Blue Boy above the bed, then I couldn't care less...
 pantsonfire
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Do homosexuals need to be protected from religious bigotry?
Posted: 1/12/2007 1:20:52 AM
What happened to the blokes bonking in the B&B then ????
 stoowart
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 6:06:05 AM
erm isn't there a lil thing along the lines of "the management reserve the right to refuse etc etc" with which they don't really have to explain themselves as it's their choice and on the subject of choice why is it that people feel they can take other people to court for not making the same choices as them? aren't rights supposed to be equal for all? just to make a point including single white straight males? who it seems to me from the perspective of being one have the least rights of anyone in this 'oi, i'm being hard done by, protect me at great cost" society we seem to be living in....
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 5:26:37 PM
My answer's simple - people have a right to equal treatment, and that right is an inalienable human right which supercedes all religious duties

In a similar fashion, the right not to be murdered overrules all religious duties to kill non-believers

Giving a right to treat gays as not equal in rights to straights to the religious community is almost a permit to harrass and villify
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:00:59 PM
There's nothing unsavoury about homosexuality. It might seem a somewhat weird idea to heterosexual people (and to be quite honest no I can't see the appeal in it) but its the normal situation for about 1 in every 15 men (I understand the ratio's different for women but can't remember what it is..)

Anything that occurs naturally at that level has to be considered not just ordinary but normal
I once heard a gay rights campaigner say "gay issues are everyone's issues" and he was right. We wouldn't allow our Christians to persecute our Jews, or our Moslems to harrass our Sikhs

there are probably more gays in the UK than Jews and Sikhs put together. They deserve the same protections.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 1:32:14 PM
used to know some weird guy who used to live in shared housing, think he was in care and his favourite trick was to goto the toilet in buckets all over the place...seemed to him as natural has having gay sex....

some people not like gays esp if it goes against their beliefs, and they can choose not to sell stuff to them, no-one should be forced to sell stuff to them
 restless_native
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2007 1:16:10 PM
Christianity has done far more harm throughout history then homosexuality ever has.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd get rid of the God botherers. Just imagine what a tolerant and harmonious world we'd live in without organsied religion.
 restless_native
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2007 3:43:37 PM
The thing about tolerance towards religious beliefs is that society has to decide where to draw the line.

If a man held a religious belief that he could kill his wife if she committed adultery we'd find that unnaceptable as a society and wouldn't allow it.

The problem that any society faces is where to draw that line as it is purely a matter of opinion. 50 years ago this issue would never have been discussed as homosexuality wasn't tolerated by society at large.

However, times change and even religion has to adapt to this.
 Pilkington
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 3:15:04 PM
msg 9....so what exactly are you saying? hotels put some rooms aside for smokers.
so they need keep some just for their gay guests.
don't fancy it myself but can't see the problem' what people do is between themselves.
i'm not religious, so don't know the full story, but don't some say Jesus was gay.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Do homosexuals need to be protected from religious bigotry?