Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Will Seahawks make a repeat apperance in SB 41?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Will Seahawks make a repeat apperance in SB 41?????Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think Seattle will get toasted, unfortunately.
 colt8301
Msg: 8
Will Seahawks make a repeat apperance in SB 41?????
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:11:47 AM
I don't know if the seahawks can get to the superbowl without home-field advantage. They are playing a pretty tough Defense. I think though they will win if they can stop the run game because Rex Grossman is the weak link on the Bears team.
 bullielover62
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/14/2007 3:17:26 PM
Guess not... he he he
Sorry.
No I'm not.

BEARS RULE!! OK, at least when Rexie decides to play for the entire game and not just a 1/2.
Still, we won. Na na na na naaaaaa na!

he he he

Bad girl....
 bullielover62
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/14/2007 3:18:02 PM
Wait! What was that your mother said?!?!?!

he he he

Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2007 3:25:47 PM
I think The Saints offense will give the Bears Defense fits. Watch out for Colston in this game. He's too big and fast for the Bears to cover. If the Bears need to commit more help to control him, thats going to free up another one of the Saints fast weapons.
 bullielover62
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/15/2007 5:46:34 AM
It'll be up to Urlacher to continue making key audibles to get the play done.
 cooldog65
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Will the Seattle Seahawks make a repeat appearance in SB 49?
Posted: 9/11/2014 8:47:45 AM
Time to bump this thread as the defending Super Bowl champions Seattle Seahawks have started their defense of their title by dismantling the Green Bay Packers 36-16.
 cooldog65
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2014 9:18:48 PM
After stumbling last week in San Diego as the defense spent too much time on the field, the Seahawks needed to win this rematch of SB 48. The defense was great at times and shaky at others. The offense had their up and down moments, too.

What matters most is how they finish the season. Go Seahawks!
 _babblefish
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/17/2014 3:21:27 PM
I just read that the hawks traded Harvin to the jets . .

why? could it be his hip... gaaaaah
 John255317
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/17/2014 5:48:40 PM
Harvin will be a problem wherever he goes, why the Jets would even want him on the roster is unbelievable, but seeing as how the Jets are doing, does it really matter? The Vikings made a haul with the Harvin trade and how Pete Carroll and John Schnider didn't see this before they traded for him is kind of funny. I mean, Pete and John are suppose to be great evaluators. This shows they are really not. Seahawks will now have to fight just to get into the playoffs. Super Bowl participants? No way.
 cooldog65
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2014 9:42:11 PM

Seahawks will now have to fight just to get into the playoffs. Super Bowl participants? No way.

The Seahawks did very well without him last year. He only played one regular season game. Hopefully they'll get past their injuries and the sloppy play they've had lately. NFC West is very competitive.
 John255317
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/18/2014 11:48:01 PM
cooldog, you are right, the hawks did just fine without Harvin last year. The Hawks traded him because Percy is a cancer for any team. He fought with players and refused to go into the game against Dallas. My Vikings made a haul by trading Percy last year. Carroll is known to go outside the norm and going after "questionable" players. I am shocked though that they waited this long to trade his ass. I will predict that the Jets will have him for a few games, he will get pissed off and then it is "here we go again". Too bad as he has enormous talent. The Hawks better use Lynch more. They should get the win tomorrow against the "LA" Rams. Like they talked about on Seattle KJR yesterday, that is the quietest stadium in the NFL. Too bad, I hate seeing fans lose their team to another area.
 RyanJay90
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/3/2014 8:14:53 PM
If the cardinals keep winning, the Seahawks will have a longer road to the superbowl than they did last year. That's even if they make the playoffs with the 49'ers being 1 win behind them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 7:13:07 PM
The Seahawks have had dominating performances in the past couple of games against the Cardinals and the 49ers. It's crunch time with 5 of the last six games against divisional opponents. Time to close the gap on the Cardinals, or at least secure a wild card spot.

The offense has not done that well in the red zone, but the kicker is pretty automatic for 3 points as long as we keep the opposition out of the red zone.

They are past most of their injuries, but the penalties continue to pile up. Finishing the season strong is the key to their success. GO SEAHAWKS!
 cooldog65
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 10:23:49 PM

If the cardinals keep winning, the Seahawks will have a longer road to the superbowl than they did last year. That's even if they make the playoffs with the 49'ers being 1 win behind them.

A lot has changed since this posting as the Seahawks have moved into first place and the 49'ers are out of the playoffs. We win at home next week and we have the top seed in the NFC. Go SEAHAWKS!
 GingersnapWA3
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/26/2014 9:01:05 PM
Things are looking up for our Seahawks! Can't wait to see the next game...
 cooldog65
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Will Seahawks make a repeat appearance in SB 49?
Posted: 12/29/2014 9:20:34 AM
Look who is the top seed in the NFC...GO SEAHAWKS!
 aj7125
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/29/2014 12:16:28 PM
Not a hawk fan but doubt anyone can argue that they are not the best team in the NFL and will be very hard to beat to get to the SB. Rams played well yesterday except for two crucial plays. Anyone can be beat but right now the odds are huge, in favor of Seattle.
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2014 5:54:37 PM
Rams played well yesterday except for two crucial plays.

You're right about that. Fortunately, the Seahawks have been a strong second half team.

Same thing happened to Seattle when they played in St. Louis earlier in the season. Seattle got beat on a couple of special teams trick plays. I think that the Rams just matched up well with the Seahawks.

The Rams were better than their record showed. They beat Denver and had narrow losses (touchdown or less) to the Cowboys, Eagles, and Cardinals. They also had back to back shutouts.
 aj7125
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/29/2014 7:16:35 PM
cooldog, I agree the Rams are good, they definitely will be even better next year. With Seattle, right now you better score when you have the chance like the Rams didn't do yesterday. I just really don't see anyone possibly beating them except for the packers. The Pack won't stupidly play half a field again against Seattle. Sherman and crewa re very good but when you play only one side of the field, everyone knows it and you are doomed. I think Jordy Nelson and Rodgers can exploit anyone, if you want to call it exploiting. I think the game would be high scoring. I'd like to see the Lions get to the SB since my team isn't in the playoffs. I just don't see the Cowboys doing much in the playoffs. I think the Lions or Packers are in Seattle's way possibly but who knows? Like baseball and any sport, you can talk and read stats all you want but you have to play the game on the field. Right now for me it is Go Lions!
 cooldog65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2015 10:06:40 AM
Seattle welcomes the Carolina Panthers to the Clink (Century Link Field). It'll be a nice homecoming for Jonathan Stewart who went to high school in the local area (Timberline High School).

Or it could be a long afternoon facing the Legion of Boom. GO SEAHAWKS!
 aj7125
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/5/2015 8:53:36 PM
cooldog, my son played against Stewart in HS. Was a playoff game that my son's team won and Stewart was a freshman at the time. Even way back then everyone figured we would see Jonathan playing on Sundays. Should be a low scoring good game with the Hawks winning, but ya never know, it definitely will be Newton and Stewart being the focal points and the Panthers have one of the best linebackers in the NFL in Kuechly. The Hawks are the better overall team in the whole NFL. I'm going and hopefully the loudest stadium will stay intact! But, I am looking for an upset, Carolina 23-21. I know, the odds are not in my favor, the hawks should be in Arizona in a few weeks.
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/6/2015 1:28:55 PM
They will have a good chance to win it all again if Pete Carroll comes out wearing his cheerleader out fit with pom poms in both hands while begging and pleading with the refs the whole game.
 aj7125
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/6/2015 3:04:38 PM
"They will have a good chance to win it all again if Pete Carroll comes out wearing his cheerleader out fit with pom poms in both hands while begging and pleading with the refs the whole game. "

_________________________________________________________________________________

^^^^^^^^7941, the Hawks are the best in football. I am not a Hawk fan and I live here. Never have been, I am a die hard fan of another team that isn't in the playoffs, but the Hawks don't need anyone but the players to perform like they usually do to continue to be the best, bar none. I would like to see a team beat them, to beat the best. Carroll has nothing to do with how the game is played and like they all do, the other coaches will bend the refs ears for their own good too. Works both ways.
 HDready10
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:20:19 PM
i can't imagine a team with a losing record playin in the super bowl but it is possible, this year.

if the cowboys beat the packers I'm rootin for carolina.

that way the cowboys will have a home nfc championship game
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Will Seahawks make a repeat apperance in SB 41?????