Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what would you say is the one trait a future partner might have probl      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ontario_woman
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what would you say is the one trait a future partner might have problems accepting Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm a very independent person. Some men find that threatening
 SweetKristine
Msg: 4
what would you say is the one trait a future partner might have problems accepting
Posted: 4/7/2005 4:34:27 PM
sometimes, ok a lot of times, i think very lowly of myself
 SweetShaker
Msg: 7
view profile
History
what would you say is the one trait a future partner might have problems accepting
Posted: 4/7/2005 6:05:17 PM
Low self confidence is my big thing that guys have complained about.

Odd... I would have though it would be the fact that I'm really moody

Seems they accept that just fine... lol
 ChromosomeY
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/7/2005 6:33:37 PM
Oh, this one's easy. Sarcasm and moodiness. One min I can be full of laughter, and the next I can be lost in a sea of thought... then laughter again :). The sarcasm can be rather hurtful at times though. I have to learn to be more sensitive.

Repeat after me: "I am sensitive, I am sensitive, I am sensitive... OWWWW! that hurt"
 cooter
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/7/2005 6:53:40 PM
My low self esteem does get in my way of meeting someone and my over anxiety to get things now,does annoy people too!
welcome back georgie!
I am working on both them things,going back to the way I once was,proud to be me more and more and helping people with problems just like I used to love doing!
 Pandy
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/7/2005 7:02:20 PM
just one? when I have so many?

I'm capable and I'm better at guy stuff than most guys, takes a man really secure in his own abiilities to handle this.

I have an IQ that approaches 160....again tough for insecure men to take.

I'm blunt , sarcastic and cut right to the chase.....have no tolerance for BS

I'm easily irritated by noise.....a kid with a dorito package in the backseat of a car could cause a meltdown :D

I refuse to argue.....if a partner can't communicate with me like an adult, I just walk out without a word. People who raise their voice to me, disrespect me, etc. lose the privledge of being in my company...PERIOD. This would drive a "yeller" insane.

I'm sure any of my exes could get you a longer list
 YamIhere
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2005 7:04:31 PM
I'm stubborn, hardcore independent and borderline arrogant. But I can cook like nobody's business
 always_striving
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/7/2005 7:27:47 PM
Hopefully nothing, because if they can't compromise there will be bickering and resentment. These things should be disclosed before making a commitment.
 Ultrapig
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/7/2005 8:12:52 PM
(searches momentarily for something real cool about himself that he can claim is a "disadvantage"...)

sigh I'll have to go with a real answer. I tend to over analyse stuff.

Also I'm a great big flake.
 Frrosty
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/7/2005 8:18:43 PM
I wish to know every corner of their soul and everything in between.

It scares them...or..shames them..or ..

somethin.
 Frrosty
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/7/2005 8:35:31 PM
I also charge for the truth as tough as it may be to face.
 Frrosty
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/7/2005 8:48:24 PM
mmm it's pretty and it's blonde..and it enjoys ...*gulp*..me?

<--I'm confused.

*scratches head*

*shrugs*

Can I just say "yes" now?

Frrosty
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/7/2005 8:52:15 PM
*scratches head*

Well what are ya doin in that pretty lil blonde gal then?

MikeJ
Msg: 31
 MikeJ
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/7/2005 9:09:49 PM
People don't appreciate honesty, they just say they do. What most people seem to want when they say they want an honest person is a tactful person. But tact is very rarely honest, at leats in the purest sense of the word.
 Frrosty
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/7/2005 9:10:30 PM
Only when you are honest about everything and everyone accept them.

She asks you: "why do my co-workers never tell me their dirt like they do each other?"

YOu say: " Because they know you will use it as leverage over them"

Truth..but..she will leave..and angry..and probably hate you for saying so.

*shrugs*

YOu ask:

I answer.

(all options, mind you..but...some of those possible answers [and probably some ofr the likely ones], may be a hrash slap in the face)

Heck, slaps in faces have been known to save lives.

(and end many a relationship)

And I agree. I am very tactful, however, sometimes you have to be straight up..blunt..and true.

THIS is the way it is.
 Frrosty
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/7/2005 9:13:29 PM
You're in WIsconsin hun; don;t tease.
 MikeJ
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/7/2005 9:16:06 PM
My fiancee is brutally honest, just like me. It's kind of interesting.

Her: Do these jeans make my ass look fat?

Me: They don't make your ass LOOK fat.

Her: ***hole. (she knows me too well.. whenever I try to nail her with a double-entendre she knows to assume the worst, hehe)

Me: Touche.

(followed by rough sex all night)

True story. Someday I'm going to write a book about our verbal foreplay.
 Frrosty
Msg: 38
 astrosky
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2005 9:33:38 AM
That I stupidly often blurt out whatever is on my mind, with frequently horrendous results (such as being chased by a mob.....)
 Fid Copya
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/8/2005 12:08:16 PM
I am insane.

ps. thecatt - send me an email. That way I can write back. Thanks. :)
 Raven34
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/8/2005 12:49:43 PM
My independence, my outspokenness, my intelligence.....can be a little intimidating to some.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/8/2005 2:21:09 PM
owning so many darn cats! LOL ......
 Shugo
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/8/2005 7:01:02 PM
That your never going to win a arguement with me.I dont throw my personal thoughts into anything, i use pure knowledge to win them.
 angelhmm
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/10/2005 12:36:47 AM
I tend to be right more than I'm wrong, which can irritate those that aren't knowledgeable and worse, I can back it up with factual information, hehe.

angel
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what would you say is the one trait a future partner might have problems accepting