Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > What do you do on a snow day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do you do on a snow day?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
My work doesn't close for anything short of a bomb threat. :p
We've been open during horrible blizzards... through power failures (even though we couldn't work, we were expected to be there).
 Sparklin
Msg: 3
What do you do on a snow day?
Posted: 1/15/2007 11:32:07 AM
On this Monday....Back to bed to catch up on sleep ~

My daughter is old enough to take care of herself now, but if she had a free day and I didn't, I'd drag her little butt to the office with me and put her to work

I'm still in mode ~ and I like it!! lol
 northernmiss
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/15/2007 11:59:54 AM
I'm self employed....I work same as any other day.

Note to self: Call in bomb threat next time Adam needs a day off....
 northernmiss
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/15/2007 12:54:25 PM
ID...next time, give me a holler, I'll come and help you....

The paperwork can wait till tonite!!!

the paper works can ALWAYS wait until later, IMO...esp that gov't crapola
 Greeneyesblonde
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/15/2007 1:06:45 PM
Hmmm we all had a snow day here too..have been very lazzzyyyyy (think I am still recuperating) from POF party Saturday nite..lol..sooo finished laundry, baked brownies..organized my week..putzed around and still in jammies...lol..nothing too exciting..

GEB
 Sparklin
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/15/2007 1:33:18 PM
Oh my Chickiebabe...that would not be construed as a good snow day! I'm glad you and your daughter were ok! What a fright!!!

Next time...do like I did, keep the kids home and stay in pj's all day - I have to venture out to the doctors and then Newmarket for hockey, but YIKES after that story, I'm not so sure...

I knew the snow day was coming eventually, but I so hate it - too bad we already had our blue party 'cause I'm gonna be feeling it now with all the WHITE...grrrrr!!

Back to bed maybe lol...dream of warm beaches and hot boys .. er hot sand, yeah thats it!!
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2007 1:35:16 PM
Justme, what a very lucky lady you are. What a beautiful post. I feel all warm inside. Thank you. I didn`t have any snow today or ice.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2007 3:43:13 PM
when we had the snow day here in London last month, i went out and took pictures and emailed them to all my friends in Texas!

despite the ice, our office was open today...
 redhaiku
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 9:44:35 PM
There was a snow day, buses were cancelled... but the schools were still open.

So, I had a class of six kids after driving an hour to work.

We should have one random statutory snow day a year.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 10:57:29 PM
Snow day? Hmmm ... I've read about them ... can't remember ever having one ...

When other people have a snow day, I go to work (because other people are having a snow day ...)

Once upon a time, I remember a boss who held a "snow day" in the summer - he made all the long distance commuters (who took took snow days) stay at the office, and took all the diehards to ... a Blue Jay game (!) Everybody laughed at the concept, and even the commuters grudgingly admitted it was only fair.
 The Sunman
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2007 1:45:38 AM
PS3, all day. I still have a bit of kid in me, love the new age video game consoles.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > What do you do on a snow day?