Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Advice from really tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tdh46
Msg: 3
Advice from really tall menPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Personally you saying you don't like dating tall men would never offend me!!!!! Good luck finding who you are looking for, whomever that person might be.

Much respect.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Advice from really tall men
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:01:16 PM
yea me too -- LOVE tall guys.
 lindy_3333
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:11:17 PM
He ll, I tell men in my profile I don't want anyone under 5'8" which is MY height. I DO prefer taller than 6' but will talk to anyone my height up. I also say no married men, or friends with benefits etc.. we all have things we like or dont like or have reasons for disqualifiers.. duh.. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop the other guys from trying anyway, lol..

If someone would prefer we lie, tell them to put in there profile they like liars and cons lol. I'm pretty certain they would get a few, lol..

I am honest, or at least think I am. I know what I like and don't. I know what I want and don't want. If you need to put it in your profile do so, or not. lol.. but be prepared for the ones who can't take any rejection over anything, not just height. No matter what, you will still get them! I know I do, lol..

Can't please everyone, so don't try! Just be you!

Happy fishing,

Linda
 EdwardPartSix
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/12/2007 11:08:42 AM
I don't know what the complaints are about. Guess what, when you exclude a group of people for some reason, members of that group will get upset. If I put in my profile that I do not date black people, do not date fat people, and do not date short people, I bet some short people, some black people, and some fat people will not take kindly to it. You're the one with the restriction, so you have to be willing to take a few lumps.

In short, suck it up.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/12/2007 12:09:49 PM
I'm really confused as to why someone must take their lumps for having preferences?

Sure, if they rudely prance about insulting those who they do not prefer.. I can get behind giving them grief about it.. but otherwise.. crapping all over someone due to preferences is just plain mean. And kind of dumb, to boot.
 EdwardPartSix
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:24:13 PM
I'm really confused as to why someone must take their lumps for having preferences?

I don't see anything confusing about it. People don't like to be told they aren't attractive. It's a fact of life. If you are going to put in your profile that you aren't attracted to a group of people based on some random attribute, then you are going to offend people who have that attribute, and that's that.

No one was getting crapped on - the guy thought her preference was lame, probably because he was tall and just told he wasn't attractive to this particular lady. They could have had completely matching personalities, but they'll never know, because he's tall and she's decided she doesn't date tall people. I don't blame him for being offended, and it's no fault of hers to have preferences, but you can't go around saying you aren't attracted to tall people without getting some feedback from tall people.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Advice from really tall men