Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would You Evah...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Baber.
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would You Evah...Page 1 of 1    
I don't know why people want to delete this post, it sure doesn't sound like it's offending anyone. But yah, that is pretty creepy, and unfortunately the guy just needs to get out there and expand his horizons to who he should be meeting. It's a huge sign of insecurity if needs to get to that point. Obviously he's been thinking about you long enough to decide to do such a thing.

I do pity the guy. But hey, if you are so special to him, why not let him know kindly that 'hey guy this isn't the right thing to do to get a girl's attention?'

Give him some pointers ya know?

silkfireguilt
Msg: 3
Would You Evah...
Posted: 2/4/2007 2:14:16 AM
people will do strange things... when they have no life and too much time on their hands. my ex cheated on me w/another girl (i'm bi). her g/f several months later would find me on a gaming site then follow me around in the chatrooms listed next to the gaming site... she would also have a friend start saying negative things to me when i had never EVER done anything negative to my ex or the new girl (in fact i tried to be friends with my ex and promised to help her w/anything regarding her new girl, if needed). i thought it was all rediculous, personally. it only proved to me that by observing their stupidity that they deserved eachother. LOL this was like 4 years ago.

i've also heard of people searching for people on myspace and reading their blogs and comments posted- then following back all of the comments made to the "victim"... just to try and find out what the person was up to or if they were dating.

people are scary. i guess i just don't have that obsessive gene in me.
 JWA
Msg: 4
Would You Evah...
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:35:33 AM
The biggest mistake I made when first beginning the whole online thing was thinking or assuming the women I kept meeting were honest, sincere, truthful and NOT nuts. Big surprise, shock AND awakening when reality set in!! LOL

I don't think someone "pursuing" you electronically is stalkeresque, creepy nor bizarre---they're simply trying to gain your attention. Yes, YOU might have another idea or preference how you'd like such a thing to be done but it's not you doing the pursuing in the case you mention. Why not just "confront" them and see what's up? However they respond would be your answer.

I fail to understand when someone has a "bad day" they feel it's necessary to vent here? Maybe I missed the point of a Forum---I thought it was a venue for exchanging ideas and not this sort of thing?
 tdh46
Msg: 5
Would You Evah...
Posted: 2/4/2007 6:37:25 AM
When you say the guy tracked down your hotmail, do you mean he used your handle from pof and just added hotmail to it!!!!!! I just did that and was added to your contacts on the first try!!!!! Am i stalking you too all the way from Canada... Maybe if you were just a little more imaginative when thinking up a msn handle these "stalkers" would not have such an easy time finding you.

I am really tired of the massive overuse of the term stalker in these forums!!!! anything that a woman feels is any unwarranted attention is deemed stalking!!!! This really does a massive disservice to people that are really being stalked.

A very simple way for you to have prevented this was to use a different handle for your msn than the one you used for your pof!!!!! You are a writer, did you have writers block and could not come up with anything!!!!!!!! By the way since i could think of no reason why i needed to stalk you i canceled adding you to my messenger

OH damn now you are going to have several more " stalkers" after they read this post
 tdh46
Msg: 9
Would You Evah...
Posted: 2/4/2007 2:03:35 PM
Thank you Spiderwoan for being the voice of reason, you actually recognized that you were party to blame for this easy access to your msn!!! lectured the guy, block him ,corrected the situation with your msn, and moved on with your life!!!!! I don't remember any thread about how outraged you were about the horrific 'stalker-esque" experience!! You saw it for exactly what it was a very minor nuisance!!!!!! BRAVO
 acgoat
Msg: 13
Would You Evah...
Posted: 4/16/2007 5:07:45 AM
No, dont see a reason to add someone that doesnt expect it.
Seem to get enough random msges from just being visible online .
wouldnt want it happening to me
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would You Evah...