Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What's up with the attitude?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 {{mystique}}
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's up with the attitude?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OP...

Could be that they're insecure, thus feeling the need to get ugly with you or they're spoiled brats and not use to hearing the word no. Regardless to be so immature as to call you "fatso" is completely unwarranted. jmo

m.
 Littletot
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What's up with the attitude?
Posted: 2/4/2007 7:51:19 AM
turn them in to moderators and reduce the jerk population on this site...
 tcky123
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:16:04 AM
I notice that about some men the only weapon they use is FAT to most full figured ladies because they think it will hurt us and make us feel bad but honestly people are learning to accept who they are and dont even bother about these stupid remarks as tyra banks said KISS MY FAT ASS. lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:33:57 AM
Welcome to online dating, many are here that can't handle the process and because of that they attack others...totally counterproductive and alienates them from a lot of people, but whatever helps them sleep at night.

Everytime I get one of those e-mails I laugh. It's quite obvious why men AND women who flame those who aren't interested are still single, lol. Is that how they deal with all negativity in their lives?
 tdh46
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:14:27 AM
I sent the thanks but no thanks e-mail all the time, i have only gotten one somewhat nasty e-mail back in return!!!! But that will not stop me from sending them.

I reply to all my mail, i figure if the person took the time to read my profile and send me a message, the least i can do is respond to it!!!! Of course i have also gotten the dreaded thanks but no thanks e-mail! I have always answered those very nicely, we can't be all things to all people, i never take those personally!!!

The people that send you back nasty e-mail have there own issues, don't let them stop you from being who you really are!!!!! responding back with a thanks but no thanks shows something about you, if you stopped doing that because of some jerk, that would be very sad.

WOW judy, you block everyone that sends you an e-mail that you are not interested in?
can i ask why? maybe i am missing something, i have never blocked anyone like that, should i be doing it?
 2findU
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:29:54 AM
At least you gave them that courtesy. 80% of the replies I get is "deleted unread" which of course is no reply and not even the courtesy to see what I had to say. The reast is "deleted read". At least those few got read. But no reply at all.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:37:29 AM

They're frustrated, angry people who use the anonymity of the net to spew their immature vent. They haven't learned how to attain their desired results. It isn't happening the way they originally thought it would, and rather than change anything about themselves or their approach in order to navigate toward their desired goals, in other words, understand how the world works and get real and with the program, they stubbornly refuse. They'd rather blame others. I'm always saying that they bang their heads on the wall and then blame the wall. They're not high quality people.

I had to repost this, it was stated so beautifully.

So few people can deal with the fact that they are single because they are the problem. Those people will never be happy because blaming others solves nothing. I wish them all luck with that.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:05:35 PM
OP, just shows you are making the right choices, keep it up.
 WakeDan
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/5/2007 12:56:40 AM
ive said no and never gotten a nasty mesage back, i guess women tend to handle it a little better.

some guys just dont think.

i was never bothered by the 'read/deleted thing, i notice a couple of women who i am only chatting with as friends, delete all my messages as soon as they are read, i guess to keep their inbox manageable.

if i ever see unread/deleted i would wonder just how badly that person wants to meet someone.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 1:58:38 AM
Four words

DEEP ROOTED INSECURITY ISSUES

Everyone has insecurity issues but men who get nasty about being rejected have some REAL issues. Don't worry about it it's their problem not yours.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 2:01:25 AM
I forgot to add: basically it's a HUGE FEAR of rejection. Some past loss in their life is causing them to get angry about being rejected. By them getting nasty at you it's there way of projecting their problem back to you. When they should just be like, "Ok she rejected me SO WHAT it's her loss NEXT" Rejection is good thing not a bad thing
 Bubbles27
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/5/2007 2:26:21 AM
Just laugh at the bitter rejected ones.
 Baber.
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 3:10:05 AM
It's a blow on their self esteem that they can't have what they want. Little boys are used to getting what they get, and when you reject them they feel as if their's something wrong with them. Forget loving thyself, throw self-confidence out the window, and of course please do ciriticize yourself thinking you're not the "perfect" guy you should be for this girl. And if they don't do that, they take an easier way out, insulting you as if you're not even good enough for them. Truth is they just shouldn't take it personally. There's an okay match or all us out there, a good match, a great match, and then a flipping amazing one to look forward to.

belly18dancer
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/10/2007 6:30:35 AM
I'm pretty specific about what I want as well. But, they don't seem to get it. And yes, I Have gotten some extremely nasty emails in return for my polite ''thanks but no thanks'' it makes me so mad that sometimes i can get an attitude when i get some lame ass email that is clearly cut and pasted...their interest is based solely on my looks and they haven't even bothered to read my profile.

Just this week, some guy emailed me saying i was perfect for him. Ok he said this last fall too, and I told him he wasn't my type. Here he was again, trying to gain my attention. He would not take no for an answer and kept emailing me. So I blocked him. Then he IMs me, and I'm thinking ok maybe if he hears it in real time. I asked him what made him think he was perfect for me. He barely had a thing written in his profile so I sure couldn't tell. But based on looks alone I was not interested in the slightest. Don't you want a woman to be attracted to you physically too? So then he tells me all these bizarre things about what he's willing to tolerate, like his girlfriend sleeping with other men. AS IF I PARTICIPATE in this crap? When i told him that's sick, he suddenly agreed with me but told me it was to show me he's open minded. Then told me he hangs around with a lot of gay men. He's very open minded but not gay. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? does he need a woman to cover up his homosexuality. She can sleep with whomever she wants as long as she doesn't blow his cover. AND WHY did he think this was perfect for me? I told him over and over, I'm not attracted to you, to which he replied, i'm am attracted to you.. HES CReEPy....finally he gave up....and i can only hope he doesn't bother me again...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What's up with the attitude?