Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > women who only want men with kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 3
view profile
History
women who only want men with kidsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I find that these days it is often rare to find either sex single without children. Either way it doesn't bother me, as long as the children aren't brought into the picture too soon, so that their hearts aren't also broken if things don't end up working out. I have none myself, and can't really figure what it'd be like to have to even get to the step of introducing my kids to a boyfriend, etc. But (and I know I will probably get knocked for the comparison) I don't even let just anyone even around my cats...they are my babies. I think that children and new mates should be kept at a distance in the beginning though, I have seen my friends' children cling and want that mate more than my friend does, then ache when it doesn't work out. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.....
 Cuddles2007
Msg: 4
women who only want men with kids
Posted: 2/4/2007 5:25:24 PM
I think the reason they put that in their profile is like my good friend Scorpion just said that it allows u to be on the same level as them. Good point also Mustang the woman that I got pregnant has a 5 year old daughter that did get attached to me and she is good now but at first it was rough. Introducing people to kids to early can really have a big impact on the child if it doesn't work out.
 Cuddles2007
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/5/2007 10:53:53 AM
I 100% agree with u on the this Shortybee. I still think it can cause a problem if u introduce to early but that is just an opinion I have. Kids r a very good judge of character. Most kids luv me and now that I am a father. I had this thought before because I helped friends raised their kids. No I wasn't there 24/7 but I sure know how tough it can be for a single parent.
 crazyindian69
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 4:43:58 PM
Sorry to disappoint 2nice2besingle, I agree with ya

Men with kids are more understanding of woman with kids b/c they have been there. Meanwhile I barely have a clue about kids.
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/6/2007 11:54:57 AM
not quite sure why someone would post as a stipulation that the other would have to have children.. kinda odd..

the only thought that I have on that is that possibly the other person just wants to make sure that they don't want to have kids... because maybe they are done with that part of their life..

just my thoughts....
 polly ogerski
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2007 12:07:18 PM
I think it was Shortybee who said kids were a good judge of character. I agree to a point. Kids and animals can sense who is a friend and who isn't. On the other hand look at all the kids who have been abducted or molested because some weirdo was a good enough actor to persuade them differently. I like to think I am a reasonably good judge of character but we are all human and mistakes are a part of life. If we never made mistakes how would we all learn?
 CDN_Bacon64
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/22/2007 10:10:26 PM
One point which hasn't been addressed but should: There is a very minute portion of the male population known as paedophiles who actively seek out women with children. Often they won't have children of their own; but still put themselves in positions where they can be around children who are at their mercy.

John Wayne Gacy is the worst of the worst. He never had kids of his own, from what I can find on him, but he married a woman with young daughters and lived his life, on the surface, as a "friend" to kids and even volunteered as a clown for kids' birthday parties and other gatherings.

I have no children of my own but if I did (and I'm actually a woman typing this, despite the profile), I'd be suspicious of ANY male without children who habitually put himself in places where he could interact with them, even on a "benevolent" level.

Just my two cents. I know that even natural fathers are molesters, and the nicest guys can be molesters, but one has to start somewhere to protect their kids.
 deadrock142
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 6:47:15 PM
I really have not came across a single profile stating that....most women my age are near or done the parenting (not that you are ever done )
I read the whole thread threw ,,and ,,well , find someone that is on the "same page" as you and ya got a match ..
On the off topic here,,,I dated a girl from Calgary for a bit ...followed the rule DO NOT INTRODUCE TO KIDS ,,,,my daughter never seen this girl or met her ,,,,yet she developed a resentment/dislike for her ,,,I do not know ,,,,,think just have to play by what feels right for each individual situtation..have to be able to adjust..
 brendrew
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:00:55 PM
I can only speak for myself as a single father. I know that I would prefer to date someone a couple of times or even a few before introducing myself to her kids or to my son. I would want to know if we were compatible and had a good chance of staying together. Kids do take work especially someone elses. I have dated someone with kids and I enjoyed taking them to go skating with my son. We ended up breaking up because of commitments that I had made with my son as I had him on a hockey team that required that I travel every weekend over the winter. So she was upset that I couldn't make the time for her every weekend. We lived 2 hours away from each other. We make commitments for our kids and we don't have as much free time as we would like. Other similiar minded parents understand some of that time commitment that we put into sending our kids to sports or camps or waiting and watching during a ball tournament. Driving 2 hours away for a game and driving home. I know for my son he did better in school and got into less trouble as soon as I started doing that for him. There are all sorts of different parents. You still have to find someone compatible to each others lifestyle.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > women who only want men with kids