Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a pregnant woman??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brawnydog
Msg: 3
Would you date a pregnant woman??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Women who have a normal, uncomplicated, pregnancy are amazingly hot.
Just call me Bob.
Yeah. I'd date a prego. Even make her noodles with Ragu.
There isn't an unswollen spot.
I'll date you til your water pops

Sheesh, I better not finish this. I posted in the wrong forum.
 WakeDan
Msg: 6
Would you date a pregnant woman??
Posted: 2/5/2007 2:34:52 AM
Perosnally, no I wouldn't date a pregnant women. I'd always be wondering when is the father going to stick his nose into everything and make it all a big mess.

HOWEVER I know a lot of guys who would and have dated pregnant women and ended up staying and raising the kid as their own.

You are going to get a bunch of different answers, but the fact is none of it matters. All that matters is if this Jon fella would be interested in dating you. Ad we don't know him so we can't tell you.
 mcbobly
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:27:42 PM

I dated a man for 2 years, let's call him Bob.

Geez, how do I get into these situations....LOL. Seriously though, I have and would certainly date a pregnant woman again. As long as there are no serious issues left unresolved with the father that might make dating her difficult I can see no problems dating a pregnant woman. I also married a woman with a child and raised his as my own.
 joker28ntn
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:43:16 PM
I would date a pregnant woman and have once before.My advice to you would be to be honest with Jon.Only let Jon get involved if you really have feelings for him and not just to have a father figure for your child.Actions speak louder than words and in time if Jon really wants to be with you i think he will show you by his actions.Your baby is an extention of you and if cares about you enough he will be there for you both.If Jon is the right man for you then not only could he look past the situation but maybe he will embrace it.Whatever happens i wish you the best of luck.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2007 6:41:13 PM
well, OP, that's quite a situation. i happen to agree with everything tort2 has suggested.

and i want to add something.

i think it is a misnomer to automatically assume "my child needs a father" and then to pressure yourself into making choices.

my children were raised by me and even when they "had" a father, well, they didn't have a father. and even after the divorce when he was supposed to be with them he wasn't. a child needs good loving stable parents, whether those parents be one mother, one father, a biological mom and dad, adoptive parents, two mommies, two daddies, a biological parent with an adoptive parent, a kibbutz in israel -- whatever...

what kids need is love support stability and guidance. they do not need "a" "father", they need good parenting. if it happens that you find the right person, then great. if it doesn't, don't sweat it.

just be the good mom you already know you will be.

and best of luck with that baby!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a pregnant woman??