Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex, online dating, and honesty can it be used in the same sentence?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sex, online dating, and honesty can it be used in the same sentence?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
you need to ask us what you should do?

if you are so willing to pursue "a lot of erotic chat" what else are you actually expecting to occur than what did?!

if you think "well who can blame him" yet now you are disappointed; perhaps you might want to reflect on your own behavior and expectations rather than ask us. i don't mean this in a bad way, but hopefully you have learned something from this situation, but it seems as if that isn't the case.

i suggest your answers lie within yourself but you have to dare to search out your own truths and where to draw the line yourself; we certainly can't do that for you. but is a married man really what you are wanting, especially one waiting for a divorce despite no sex for three years? if you believe that i guess anything is possible, i see you yourself are married; i am not your judge nor jury; your own conscious and life IS.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 8
Sex, online dating, and honesty can it be used in the same sentence?
Posted: 2/4/2007 6:40:51 PM

get messages from guys I can't possibly have anything in common with. When I reply, I always say hey, thanks for checking me out, but we're different here here and here, good luck, and would you believe I get NASTYGRAMS? They tell me I'm closed minded, etc, etc. Yeah, I think honesty is indeed the best policy, but not always appreciated.

You're singing my song. Often times I get nastiness back. Some people just don't have the ability to read a profile for what it actually states. They read what they want and they assume that preferences are bendable, overlookable or ignorable. I have finally hit the proverbial limit and hid my profile. I just can't take any more of it.

Honesty is always the way to go.
 jammytoe
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Sex, online dating, and honesty can it be used in the same sentence?
Posted: 11/23/2009 4:17:31 AM
i think after only a few emails , you two started sex chatting...it was quite apparent to you what his intentions with you were. so it shouldn't have been too big of a surprise to find out he was diddling someone else as well !!! . one thing i've learned from online dating...is to read between the lines, don't take everyone's word at face value....and most REAL gentlemen don't talk of sex with you online. that comes way later with phone chats or after meeting in person.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex, online dating, and honesty can it be used in the same sentence?