Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Which Nascar Drivers Must Produce This Year ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 northern blonde
Msg: 1
Which Nascar Drivers Must Produce This Year ?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Since driver loyalty seems to be on the decline on most Nascar teams, who must produce this year or risk losing their ride?

My votes include - Sterling Marlin, Joe Nemechek, David Stremme, J.J. Yeley, and Jamie Mc Murray.
 ovalracer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Which Nascar Drivers Must Produce This Year ?
Posted: 2/7/2007 10:23:35 PM
Definatly Stremme with a guy like Kevin Hamlin itching for a chance with Ganassi Stremme is on the bubble.Truex has to run better and can,Interesting to see how Almandinger and Montoya do.Definatly Michael Waltrip needs to step up.
 sailorfun
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2007 1:13:57 AM
I don't see Yeley being in trouble this year. Last was his rookie year, and Gibbs usually doesn't give up on drivers real fast.

Don't see McMurray in trouble this year either. This will be only his second year with Roush, as long as he can put in some up front time with some top 10's he should be okay. I will say he's been sort of disappointing overall in his short career.

Maybe Brian Vickers. I think it's him and Gordon that don't get along. That might be a reason to 86 him at the end of this season if he doesn't make the Chase.
 DaCrusher
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/8/2007 1:17:13 PM
Why, whichever one is advertising produce on their uniform & car, obviously.
 bullielover62
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/9/2007 6:32:25 PM
Must I bring his name up AGAIN?!? If Michael Waltrip doesn't do at least 7 more commercials this season his time is UP!

Thweet!!

You knew I was coming atcha with that one, didn't ya Northern?!?!

Oops, sorry Oval, have to give props to the first one to mention MW....didn't see it til I already posted.

But Northern KNEW I'd have to mention him...being such a HUGE FAN of his and everything....

HA!
 northern blonde
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/9/2007 7:17:07 PM
Man, you crack me up. I should let you know i just bought my # 15 Napa Auto Parts bed sheets. Has a picture of Mikey and the car already three laps down, but don't ask me where the oil slick came from. I think i was a little slow getting out of the pits or was i under inflated.

Double HA! Lets make a deal, if MW wins any race, including Busch, we have to wear his tee shirt during a race this year. Then we can email the pictures to each other as proof. I may have to borrow one from you since you have lots hiding under your Biffle pile. Triple HA!
 bullielover62
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/9/2007 7:25:10 PM
Fell off my MW Stadium Chair laughing!! OK, you can borrow one of my MW shirts, but you have to promise not to stretch it.....

"Oil slick".... still tearing up with that one!!

Flannels baby, that's where it's at... and the oil slicks are hard to find....

And NO, you can't borrow my MW stadium chair....

MINE!
 racefan1
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2007 9:24:53 PM
your MW stadium chair. is that the one with the limp arms
i hate to say it because he's one of my all time favorites, but bobby labonte needs to see some top 10's this year. northern, you mentioned sterling marlin.........has anyone else seen his rapid decline since the alligations made about dale sr.'s fatal crash? the human mind can really play games with a driver.
 northern blonde
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/9/2007 11:19:44 PM
I have to agree that it could be psychological in reference to Sr's accident. Sterling's driving the last two years has been horrible. Doesn't seem to be into it any longer.Now that he is with New owner and team, Ginn Racing, maybe the pressure will subside. He will share the garage with Nemechek, Martin,( part time ) and rookie Regan Smith. If he doesn't deliver, the end is near. Too bad as he is among the last of a breed that came out of the south in the late 70s early 80s.

I think Mark could keep the team in the top 25, but i am not expecting any better. I could be wrong. Nemechek, nice guy, but usually just a middle of the pack driver.

New season, anything can happen. Even Ryan Newman had an off year in 2006.

Shootout should set the tone. Hendrick wants immediate results and are a tough team to beat. Montoya scares me as he showed he could drive at the front during the last Homestead race. Could open the gates for other unemployed open wheel drivers. Paul Tracy wants in and Jacques Villeneuve, i think, is still looking for a team.
 bullielover62
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/10/2007 6:59:12 AM
Juan Montoya, "That's Juan race car driver"! Scares me too because he has no fear and no ties to anyone yet. No loyalties, so it's balls to the wall driving. Could spell disaster.
 racefan1
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:31:13 AM
montoya has no fear because he's from open wheel. if you can drive open wheel and do well in cup, you've got it made......ie stewart and gordon.
northern, i agree with you on sterling being a bit of history." the good ol' boys".
 jr is the man
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/11/2007 4:34:03 PM
well i have to agree that waltrip will have to step up somewhat, he's gonna have to be the headline toyota driver i know he has it in him he just has to find it, another one that i strongly believe has to take the next step is dale jr he has to get that monkey off his back win some races and the championship. mcmurray is another one that has to step it up a bit no excuses now he has the ride to do it with he just has too!
 rich1va
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/6/2007 9:51:05 AM
I'll have to say WALTRIP RACING AS A WHOLE~~~!!!! They have a LOT to PROVE!!
 baseballfanyanks
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/7/2007 8:55:56 AM
I think Montoya has the most to prove "ALL THE HYPE THE MEDIA AS PUT OUT THERE". But when you wreck a team memeber not doing so well.

Waltrip racing has to prove that there not the biggest mistake ever in NASCAR.

The RCR boys have to prove last year wasnt a fluke.

Taresa has to prove she isnt the most worthless car owner ever and Jr has to prove he wants to be a drive not a movie star. <------------ thats comming from a huge DEI FAN.
 Urban Wanderer
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/9/2007 5:07:28 PM
Would like to see Mark Martin win a few. He's always so close!
 BUBA74
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/10/2007 6:49:46 PM
THEY MAY BE IN TROUBLE IT IS TRUE BUT LITTLE E IS THE ONE AT THIS TIME HAS TO DO SOME THING AND SOON
 Lilbitcountry64
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 3:13:26 PM
yay Marky - go Marky
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/20/2007 6:21:05 PM
Montoya for sure. He not only needs to justify his switch to NASCAR, from lets face it , race fans can be very racist and sexist.

Also Michael Waltrip w/ or w/out Toyota. AND Toyota w/ or w/out Waltrip(SOOO non-American of them.LOL)
 northern blonde
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/20/2007 8:15:31 PM
Yes judging from MM's picture she makes two very good points. Yuk, Yuk.Welcome to the jungle. You will have a lot of laughs and meet some very cool people.

Can't say MW is Non - American, since my opinion come from a Canadian perspective. Everything is Non- American up here, especially when we are directly above Cool Minnesota and Ugh!North Dakota.

I have to agree that Nascar Fans are very racy and very sexy. If fact i am looking at one in the mirror right now.

Again, welcome aboard.
 bullielover62
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/21/2007 5:37:56 AM
Quit lookin' in the mirror Northern and look at MagE's .... well, you know! he he

I'm going with Jr. right now. If he doesn't start producing something other than t.v. commercials he's gonna end up like Mikey!!

And Mark is producing like a Korean sweat shop, so no probs there....

Thinking Kasey needs to actually finish a race clean, which will mean staying out of the way of all the other drivers! lol

bad Bullie!
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/21/2007 7:55:48 PM
I don't know if I should laugh....or go put a race shirt on-LOL

Kasey (Kandy) Kane produced last season and look where that got him-poor guy. Here, baby boy..come to Mamaxoxo
 chip-n-dale
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/21/2007 10:55:19 PM
man this is easy JR. and sorry northerner micheal , man both suck so far. Kasey is alright so far but better not hit anymore parked cars along the wall.The other could and don't anyone take this wrong is Dale Jarrett and Ward if he seriuos about finding a ride.
 avril57
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:36:58 PM
I think my guy Dale Jr maybe it is time he go to RCR maybe get a better car to drive, his hanging in top 35 so far anyway.
 bullielover62
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/22/2007 5:39:45 AM
Hey Avril! Good that you didn't take offense to my Jr. comment.. had I known you were comin'..... HA!

And MagE, good for YOU for having a sense of humor! Love race girl t's!! lol

Chip, you made me guffaw at your Kasey comment. Good retort. Come join us on Nascar Friends... we've already inducted MagE and she's holding her own amongst us whacks!!

And I have to throw my Biff under the wheels too. If he doesn't stop driving like a weenie and getting in the way of every friggin' TOYOTA on the track he's never gonna produce! Rousch doesn't seem to have a sense of humor about that kind of stuff lately....
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/22/2007 6:22:49 AM
I'm probably going to make a lot of enemies by posting this, but.......

jr has to start doing something...really, come on...if his name was Billy Joe Bob Jones he would be out selling hot dogs around the way in Talladaga
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Which Nascar Drivers Must Produce This Year ?