Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > The BEST crockpot recipes...please post yours~      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happy2b_me
Msg: 1
The BEST crockpot recipes...please post yours~Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Some of my favorites include:
Chocolate Delite

1 package chocolate cake mix

8 ounces sour cream

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup water

4 eggs

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 package(4 serving size) chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie
filling mix

1. Lightly grease inside of slow cooker

2. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Pour into slow cooker
Cover & cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
Serve hot or warm with ice cream.

===============================================

Crockpot Apple Coffeecake

2 c Bisquick
2/3 c Applesauce
1/4 c Milk
2 T Sugar
2 T Margarine, softened
2 Apples, peel, core, dice
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Vanilla
1 Egg, lightly beaten

MMMMM--------------------------STREUSEL-------------------------------
1/4 c Bisquick
1/4 c Brown sugar
1 t Cinnamon
1/4 c Chopped nuts

Combine first 9 ingredients. Spread in a lightly greased 3 1/2 quart
crock pot (or spread in a lightly greased baking dish which fits in a
larger sized pot). Combine streusel ingredients with a fork or pastry
blender; sprinkle over the batter. Cover and cook on high for about 2
1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Uncover and let cool in the pot. When cool enough to handle, loosen
the sides and lift out carefully with a flexible spatula, or loosen
sides and invert the pot slightly and remove with your hand (you
could hold a small piece of foil or waxed paper).
Serves 8
=======================================================

Crockpot Apple Pie

8 Tart Apples peeled and sliced
1 1/4 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t allspice
1/4 t nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
2 T butter soften
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1/2 c Bisquick
1 c Bisquick
1/3 c brown sugar
3 T cold butter

Toss apples in large bowl with cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Place in
lightly greased crockpot. Combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs,
vanilla, and the 1/2 c Bisquick. Spoon over apples. Combine the 1 cup
Bisquick and brown sugar. Cut the cold butter into mixture until crumbly.
Sprinkle this mixture over top of apple mixture. Cover and cook on low 6-7
hours or until apples are soft.

========================================================

Traditional Apple Butter

14 cooking apples (about 16 cups chopped)
2 cups apple cider
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Core and chop apples. (Do not peel.) Combine apples and cider in slow
cooker. Cover and cook on Low 10 to 12 hours or until apples are mushy.
Puree in a food mill or sieve. Return pureed mixture to slow cooker.
Add sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Cover and cook on Low 1 hour.

NOTE: Apple Butter will keep several weeks in the refrigerator. For
longer storage, can in sterilized jars following proper canning
procedures or pour into freezer containers and freeze.
=================================================
Chocolate Crockpot Fondue

1 bag (18 ounces) Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup white Karo syrup
16 ounces half-and-half

Place chocolate chips and Karo syrup in crock pot and turn pot to high. Stir
as chocolate melts to mix in the Karo.
When chips are melted, add half-and-half, a little at a time, until mixture
is desired consistency. You may not use all of the half-and-half, but then
again, you may, it all depends on how the chocolate is melting that day. I
drip it from the spoon and keep adding half-and-half until I get a thin,
ribbon of chocolate pouring off the spoon.
Turn crockpot on to low, and cover until ready to serve.
If fondue thickens too much over time, add more half-and-half to thin it
down again.
Any leftovers may be refrigerated and rewarmed in the microwave. I make a
big batch of this at the holidays and refrigerate it. When unexpected
company stops by, I can heat it quickly, place it in a small crockpot, and
serve my guests, who can't believe I "went to all of this trouble!."

The things I dip in this are:

angel food cake
fresh strawberries
fresh, sliced bananas
orange wedges, peeled
pretzels
canned pineapple
tart apple slices
marshmallows
========================================================
 happy2b_me
Msg: 2
The BEST crockpot recipes...please post yours~
Posted: 2/16/2007 7:04:04 AM
DIE FOR CROCK POT ROAST

1 beef roast, large enough to fit in your crockpot
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkg. brown gravy mix
1 pkg. Italian dressing mix
1/2 C. warm water

Place roast in crockpot. Mix all three envelopes and
sprinkle on top of roast. Pour water in the bottom of the
crockpot. Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours.

Note: Can use half of seasoning packages without
jeopardizing the taste. Also you can add more water at
end for more gravy
This is the best ever recipe...full of flavor and when my daughter made this for company in Florida company wanted the recipe! She gave the 3 packages after dinner with a ribbon tied around it and the company can make their own roast! =)
 Miss W
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:13:41 AM
This recipe rocks, but you will definitely want to save it for cooler weather. It is also very popular on a food forum where I post. Also, check out the cookbook, Not Your Mother's Crockpot Cookbook, it has a bazillion recipes. Happy cooking.

Merlot Pot Roast with Horseradish Smashed Potatoes
From Sunset Magazine
Prep/cook time 8/12 to 9 1/2 hrs on low, 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hrs on high
notes: prepare the smashed potatoes as soon as the beef is tender; the meat can continue to cook until they are ready. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

1 tied fat trimmed boned beef chck roast (3-31/2 lb) fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
3 carrots (about 1/4 lb. each ) rinsed and peeled
1 onion (1/2 lb), peeled and chopped
2/3 cup chopped celery
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 dried bay leaf
1 cup Merlot or other dry wine
1/3 cup canned tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
Horseradish smashed potatoes
(recipe follows)
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 to 2 cups watercress sprigs, rinsed and crisped (optional)
salt

Rince beef, pat dry, and sprinkle generously all over with fresh ground pepper. Melt butter in a 10-12 inch nonstickfrying pan over high heat. When hot, add beef and brown wekk on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes total.

Meanwhile, cut carrots into sticks about 3/8 inch thick and 2 inches long. In a 4 1/2 quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine carrots, onion, celery,garlic, thyme, peppercorns, and bay leaf. Set beef on vegetables: add drippings. In a small bowl, mix wine and tomato paste; pour over meat and vegetables.

Cover and cook until beef is very tender when pierced, 8 to 9 hours on low, 5 to 6 hours on high. If possible, turn meat over halfway through cooking.

With 2 slotted spoons, transfer meat to a platter; keep warm. Skim and discard any fat from cooking liquid. Turn cooker to high. In a small bowl, blend cornstarch with a 1 1/2 tablespoons water; pour into cooker and stir often until sauce is bubbling, 10-15 minutes.

With a slotted spoon, lift vegetables from cooker and arrange beside meat. Spoon horsradish smashed potatoes onto platter; sprinkle with parsley. Garnish Platter with watercress. Spoon sauce over meat. Slice meat and serve with vegetables, potatoes, and sauce, adding salt to taste.

Per serving without potatoes: 314 calories, 40%(126 cal.) from fal" 34 g protein; 14 g fat (5.6 g sat.) 11 g carb. (2.3 g fiber); 256 mg sodium; 115 mg chol.

Horseradish smashed potatoes

Scrub and peel 13 to 3 1/2 lbs. russett potatoes; cut into 1 1/2 inch chunkd. Put into a 4-5 quart pan with 2 1/2 quarts water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes mash easily when pressed, 20=25 minutes.

When potatoes are done, heat 1 to 1 1/2 cups half and half or fat skimmed chicken broth with 2 T. butter or margerine in a microwave safe container in a microwave oven at fullpower just until steaming 1 to 3 minutes. Or warm in a 1 to 1 1/2 quart pan over medium heat.

While cream heats, drain potatoes and mash in pan with a mixer or potato masher until almost smooth. Add cream, a portion at a time, and mix until potatoes have the consistency desired. Stir in salt, pepper, and 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish to taste. Mound beside Merlot pot roast or scrape into a bowl. makes6 to 7 cups 6 to 8 servings.
per serving: 189 calories, 31% (59cal) from fat; 3.9g protein, 6.6 g. fat (3.9 sat)) 29 g carbo (2.6 g fiber) 55 mg sodium, 19 mg chol.
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:23:51 AM
All sound tasty.....I usually just put some water in, a big onion, deer, beef , or pork roast, some taters and carrots. Come home add the brown gravy mix or just thicken juice, eat...then go directly to the couch looking like a dog that wants his belly scratched, and emit loud snoring sounds of happiness....
 playsnice
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/12/2007 2:10:39 PM
i'm off to dig out my crockpot
 playsnice
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/12/2007 6:06:47 PM
yes i have.....
 MetalTigerr
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:54:49 PM
More please! I live alone and would love to try a crock pot. Sounds so simple to put everything together, head out for work, come home and dinner is ready. Kitchen is clean!!!

Thank you in advance.
 MetalTigerr
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:51:21 PM
Anyone have any more of these recipies with all fresh ingredients? Say, for dinner in a quantity that will allow for leftovers?

Sincerely,
Helpless, Lazy Bachelor

TIA
 cmkblondie
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/18/2007 7:34:02 PM
Lasagna: I can't take the credit; Pillsbury "slow Cooker January 2004
They pur out a magazine every year. I started to collect them. I work tons of hours so prep the meal early and when I am home it is perfect.

1 lb lean ground beef ( I use fresh ground Italian sausage 1/2 lb) and 1/2 bl beef
1 (26-28 oz Jar totmatoe paste sauce (like Rindaldi or Prego)
1 (8oz) can no salt added tomatoe sauce
1/2 (9oz) pkge (about 8) NO BOIL lasagna noodles
1 (1lb) jar alfrado sauce
12 oz (3 cups) shredded mozzerella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan
(I have also added a layer of fresh spinch leaves)

#1Brown the meat over med, drain fat

#2. Spray 4-5 quart slow cooker w/ non stick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomatoe paste sauce in bottom of sprayed slow cooker. stir remaining tomatoe pasta sauce & tomatoe sauce into ground beef.

#3. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce in slow cooker,breaking noodles as nessasry. Top with 1/3 of the alfrado pasta sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzerella cheese. Top with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.

#4. Repeat layering twice, using 2 lasagna noodles in last layer. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top

Cook on low setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hrs

Hope you like it. It does not stand as firm as the stuff made in the oven... but I have tons of books and I just noticed that the issue for this yr is out now.
happy cooking~

tamratoo
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/19/2007 12:25:01 PM
Mayo Chicken

1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry (3-4 pounds for an average size crockpot)
1 medium white onion, cut in quarters
1/2 to 1 cup real mayonnaise (just plop a couple of good size large spoonfuls into a bowl)
Old Bay seasoning mix (or really whatever seasoning you like. I like Old Bay the best, but use whatever I have on hand. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme is a 2nd fave)

Sprinkle a bit of seasoning in the bottom of the crockpot (about a teaspoon) forming a thin even layer.
Cover the chicken thickly with mayo (easist way is just stick your hand in the cavity and hold the chicken up while spreading the mayo with your other hand).
Place chicken in the crockpot breast side up and insert onion quarters in the cavity.
Sprinkle more seasoning evenly over the top and sides.
Now place the lid on, set on low, and leave it alone for 6-7 hours.
*DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID* No I am not crazy, ok, well I am a little, but trust me on this one.
The juice from the chicken and oil from the mayo mix together to make an excellent broth that will half fill the crockpot by the time it is done.
Do not lift the lid during the first 6 hours of cooking time.
If you do this, the chicken will actually brown on top and look like a beautifully roasted chicken, but will be fall off the bone tender, and WILL NOT TASTE like mayonnaise.
Use the left over broth to make rice or mashed potatoes, or freeze in an old ice cube tray, store the cubes in a freezer bag, and use for seasoning soups and such.
(if freezing in cubes, let the broth cool completely, skim the fat off the top and strain through a sieve before pouring into ice tray).

This is the only way I roast a chicken anymore, it is simply the best.
Use some for just a plain roast chicken meal, then use the left over meat for other meals (chicken salad, chicken tacos, be creative). I usually get about 3 meals (feeding 2 adults) from 1 chicken.
 cmkblondie
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/19/2007 3:22:24 PM
With the lasgsna,
I make it and set it on low. It is pretty good. If I know I am going to be out for a long day then I simply add a little more sauce. It does not stand like the other stuff... but it can hold its own... and the nice thing is that you can add whatever you like...
If you like mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, spices... I just gave the basic recipe.
 WindRoper
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/20/2007 2:22:08 PM
OMG Happy! These sound heavenly!

Chicken Lickin Pork Chops
Season as you normally prefer 4--8 pork chops and lightly brown both sides. Place in crock pot. Add 1 can Chicken-n-Rice soup. Do not add water. Do not stir. Cook on low all day. It will be fall-apart tender and moist.

I generally serve this over a bed of rice since there's already rice in the recipe. I think sauteed squash goes nicely with it.

Another variation is to use the chunky soup with wild rice and little veggies. This has a much heartier, almost German flavor to it. I still do a bed of rice, but serve it with cabbage and a light Jewish rye.
 cmkblondie1
Msg: 13
The BEST crockpot recipes...italian chops
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:40:21 PM
Carnitas or pork chops
1 jar spafhetti sauce
1/2 of the jar of sauce in crcck pot, place meat on top and add the rest of the sauce.
I cook mine with the meat still frozen for 8 hrs.

(Additiosn not required but I like them.)
garlic, spices, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, finely grated carrots (they blend in the sauce no one knows.)
Add mozerella cheese before serving.
You can also add potatoes on the top of the meat.
Note: Carnitas here are boneless and they tend to sell for $1.15 a pound. Compared to pork chops that cost over $3.00 a lb.
 weiner745
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 4:13:25 AM
I do an awsome swiss steak so tender and delicious. 2# round steak 2-4 tsp. flour 1 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp pepper 1 medium onion sliced thin 1 carrot chopped 1 rib celery chopped 141/2 can diced tomatoes. Cut steak into serving pieces . Combine flour with salt and pepper and dredge meat in seasoned flour. Place onions in crock pot add seasoned meat. Top with carrots and celery. Cover with tomatoes. Cover Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 3-5 hours. Serve over rice or noodles. Or if you prefer as me throw on top of some good ole mashed potatoes. As comforting as it gets.
 dustcloud
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/27/2008 4:20:02 AM
what ever meat is left over in the fridge

1 chopped onion

1 can of green beans

1 can of carrots

1 can of corn

1 can of Rotel tomatoes

This stuff cures the common cold.
 ICQRUCKING2
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/7/2009 9:28:43 AM
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/search/label/snacks
 Hawk8414
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/7/2009 5:39:35 PM
MY Chicken Cacciatore
Place 4-6 pcsof chickens thighs, legs or breasts in the crockpot. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Add 2 cups water,
Add 1 can tomato soup, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 small can mushrooms, and add some fresh italian herbs to your taste. Stir everything together.Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
You can add fresh chopped garlic to this,too. Or red wine in place of some of the water.
Make sure you have a big enough crock pot as this makes alot.
Cook up some pasta or rice to serve with it and add a a salad or some other veggie and fresh bread.
Serve some Iced tea or what have you and enjoy!
 vbxtc
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:20:57 PM
Perfect to make in the morning and come home to after work. You can probably substitute beef or lamb, but be careful to trim as much fat as you can. Like most of my recipes, the measurements for the barbeque sauce are suggestions, and it's definitely "to taste". I've been making it so long I don't measure anything at all anymore.

Barbequed Bambi
4-5 pound venison leg roast, boned

marinade: The night before...
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp sesame oil

barbeque sauce:
1 32-oz bottle Heinz ketchup - not Hunts, not Town House, not house brand - HEINZ
1/4 cup Worcestshire sauce ( I use French's)
1 - 2 tablespoons hickory liquid smoke
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. red pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup honey
1/8 tsp. orange extract (powerful stuff, so be careful with it)
dash curry powder
dash cinnamon

Cut the venison into 1 inch cubes. Place marinade ingrdients into a large sealable bag or bowl. Shake or stir until sugar dissolves. Add venison and seal. Refrigerate overnight.

Drain venison and place in crock pot. Empty ketchup into a saucepan and place over medium heat on stove. Fill the ketchup bottle halfway to completely full with water, depending on how thick you like your sauce, and shake to get the leftover ketchup. Add to ketchup on the stove. Stir in remaining ingredients until completely blended. Heat until just short of boiling. Pour sauce on top of venison in the crock pot, cover, turn to high and forget it for the next 5-8 hours.

One word of warning, for some reason this seemed to kick out a LOT of extra liquid when I made it, so the level got pretty close to overflowing. Ladle out any extra sauce and keep refrigerated. I used the leftover barbeque sauce with some ground elk, green pepper, onion and mushrooms for some awesome spaghetti.
 back at it again
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/13/2009 9:13:51 AM
how well does a cornbeef and cabbage cook in a crockpot? I got some fresh cabbage and just need to pick up some tatoes and corned beef, how long? im new to the crock pot thing and excited to try it!
 reasontobelive
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 4:26:37 PM
I love this recipe...Use it often its good with pork roast if you change the brown gravy to the prok gravy packet
 outofthedesert
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/13/2009 8:32:23 PM
A pack of hot dogs cut into circles (about as thick as 3 quarters). Pour one bottle beer over and put the lid on, cooking on low all day, ready for the night game., Makes a sweet glaze and a great snack.

A pork loin smothered in sweet mustard wrapped in foil and placed in the crockpot on low all night. Lift the foil wrapped loin out and wrap more foil around. Wrap in towels and ready for a picnic lunch. Or transport in the crock pot.

Pork ribs covered in choice of bottled bar-b-que sauce. Cover and cook on low all day. Ready for dinner---fall off the bone.
 smartypants24
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/13/2009 9:15:50 PM
Chicken Stew
- place ingredients into slow cooker in order. Turn on to high heat until the mixture boils, then turn down to lowest heat for 4-6 hours (the cooker I used has a ( LOW MED HI style dial, and the lowest temperature still allowed the mixture to boil very gently as it sat)

-1 can cream of chicken soup
-2 medium-large sized chicken breasts
-Sprinkles of parsley, pepper, thyme, oregano, rosemary (or other spices desired) to taste
-Cut pieces of carrots, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, celery, onions etc (vegetables to taste) (about 3 cups of veggies)

Serves 4
 raxarsr
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 4:40:56 AM
i cant believe this wasnt posted yet.....proubly the oldest and most commonly "crock pot" meal

simply take beef [or venison.....or goose breasts].....any red meat i guess.....chuck roast or round steak works great.

put the meat in the pot.add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.......1 pack of dried onion soup .plus the water required for both soups.plus half a can more....add some mushrooms....either fresh or canned.....some potatos and some carrots.............let it cook all day....some of the best roast beef and gravy you'll ever eat.......for anyone who has access to canadian goose breasts...........this is the best way i've ever had them
 raxarsr
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 4:48:14 AM
chicken or pork and saurkraut

2 of my favorites.......i use chicken leg quarters.with the skin on.but any chicken will work...but you do need some fat.........after its cooked.........i do discard the skin with the bones.
for pork......either pork chops or a pork roast......DONT use any cured hams

simply fill the crock pot with saurkraut and meat and simmer all day.............serve over mashed potatos
 texasbaby
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 6:54:42 AM
Rax, kraut and country style pork ribs are so good. It's one of the things I cook on New Year's Day, but, we like it with egg noodles, instead of potatoes. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

tb
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > The BEST crockpot recipes...please post yours~