Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Ongoing learning increases longevity.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sardukar
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ongoing learning increases longevity.Page 1 of 1    

Theory does not compute.

so your saying that learning basically increases ones sense of self and how they identify with the world (universe) around them

how does that conflict with the article. . . cause unless i read wrong it doesnt

The worst specter age has to haunt us with is Rigidity and there need not be a scientific definition for it, becoming old and set in ones ways and to live in the past as the future becomes an incomprehesible barage of enigmas would undoubtibly create a recepe for emotional disaster which would easily effect ones well being. In essence if one Continues to equip themselves witht the tools to confront the everchainging world around them as thier generational counterparts grow out of touch of course they would be more fit later in life.
 Rick.Deckard
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Ongoing learning increases longevity.
Posted: 2/23/2007 12:14:43 AM
I would guess that most of the people who continue learning throughout life are probably at a higher income bracket then those who don't, quite simply because they have more time on their hands to pursue their interests.

I think that learning throughout ones life is a sign of high income which definitely has an effect on life expectancy.
Posted: 6/21/2013 4:03:14 AM
I don't know about longevity...but it's apparently true that learning maintains the intelligence and health of the brain - not the kind of activities that some people think maintains their brain into old age, like crosswords puzzles and the like, but the learning of new things unfamiliar that is truly challenging, and even a bit stressful.
 DameWrite
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2013 11:00:14 AM
Living healthy increases personal longevity....adapting increasing longevity of the species. We need to be healthy to adapt.

HEALTH is what matters.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Ongoing learning increases longevity.