Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > How much sleep do you need?      Home login  
Msg: 1
How much sleep do you need?Page 1 of 1    
How much sleep do YOU seem to need to function well?

If I go to bed at a reasonable hour, say 9 pm cos I'm tired I seem to wake about 2 am and can't go back to sleep. I start thinking about work stuff or have a song repeatedly going around and around in my head lol
It doesn't matter if it's a week day or the weekend. Not good when I have to go to work the next day though and work can be draining on its own, without being tired from lack of sleep.
After an hour or two of trying to go back to sleep I decide to get up for half an hour or so. Then I go back to bed and usually/maybe I can fall back to sleep.

I love my sleep and hate for it to be broken.. maybe as I'm getting older I don't need so much sleep and should go to bed at 11 everynight.. lol maybe 5 or 6 hours is enough..

who knows but it pisses me off lol

I'm off to try and get some more ZzZZzzzzzZZZzzzzzzz
Msg: 2
How much sleep do you need?
Posted: 2/16/2007 1:30:04 PM
ever since the kids came along it's been around the 6hr mark.
even though they're only with me part time now it's still about that.
but when they are with me, i'm usually into bed at an earlier hour {meaning i should be up earlier right?} and wake up with them jumping all over
after a week of 6hr sleeps i find i need/want at least 1 day in the week where i can get a little bit more... sleep that is...
as a younger bloke i reckon i used to sleep too much, 8+hrs or so...what a waste
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/16/2007 1:58:08 PM
The typical 8 hours is good for me. But it doesn't always work like that. If I get less sleep when I'm working I find I need a day to relax and recharge batteries.

For me it's not so much when I get to sleep as to what time I wake up. I can't seem to handle the contstant 6.00 am wake up's that when I need a day to relax and recharge. 8.00 am is a good wake up for me that keeps me going all day and well into the evening.

I do have broken sleep but I dont have any problems getting back to sleep. I loooveeee my sleep and my bed.

chrissy try buying some really nice sheets and a beautiful quilt or bedcover. Redocorate with nice pillows and decorations, you don't need a lot of money to do that. I have found that since I moved house and redocorated my bedroom, I just love walking into it and when I lay in my bed it's like heaven now. It's my own private little space where it's all about me.
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/16/2007 2:18:27 PM
I don't have trouble going to sleep. I can literally fall asleep in 2 minutes and a bomb could go off and I wouldn't wake up. It's after a few hours ( maybe 4 or 5) that I sometimes wake.. not always. What I said in message one happens maybe twice or three times a fortnight.
I can't sleep in.. even if I go to bed at 4 I would never sleep in after say 7.. 8 at the most.. always been like that.
Every day I wake at least half hour/hour before the alarm. I still set the alarm cos I would be waking all night looking to see if it's time to get up lol
During my holidays I am up at 5 or 6 am.. I don't mind at all. I'm just an early riser.

I love my bedroom gg lol
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/16/2007 2:18:55 PM
The above message posted twice cos something happened to the server.. so trying to edit it now...

testing testing.. lol
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/16/2007 2:28:00 PM
Chrissy, my mother is like that.. no matter what always wakes up at the same time in the morning. hmmmm maybe some other poster can offer some better advice.

If ever I do wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep which is rare, I find a glass of milk or milk and cereal normally sends me off to sleep.

If you are okay in the morning and during the day, maybe you don't need the sleep but if it is interfering with your work, try getting to sleep a bit later. This is such bad advice.. lol.. maybe someone in the same position can offer better advice.

i love my bedroom too ... always brings a smile to my face..
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/16/2007 2:46:25 PM
The only problem with the cycle is that by the time i finish work I'm stuffed lol
go to bed early - wake up early. go to bed late - wake up early. Pretty full on at work, in the mind as well.
Going to bed later is a good solution to the problem, If i'm not exhausted, cos then I can't keep my eyes open lol

I feel it's like my mind just doesn't want to rest when I wake during the night.

Maybe it just happens as one gets older...

Thanks for your contributions :)
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/16/2007 3:43:47 PM
Try meditation? not like finding your spritual core or whatever, but before you go to be take breaths in through or nose for 4-5 seconds and use your stomach muscles to breath out for 12-14 seconds try that for 15 min just before u go to sleep every night. :)
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/16/2007 4:46:27 PM
I need heaps of sleep.... more than is normal probably... you know the phrase:

"I'm good in bed, I can sleep for days" I believe it was coined for me.

But Chrissy, just like you i have those wakeful nights... try magnesium... it is a muscle relaxant and assists regular blood flow (apparently). It helps to relieve the stress of work issues that I carry in my body and both my doctor and osteopath have recommended it for those middle of the night wake up things... (maybe google it... cause I'm too lazy to type everything that appears on the little bottle of my tablets here).

And if that fails... down a few glasses of red just before bed good nights sleep is sure to follow.
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/16/2007 6:14:44 PM
at sunrise I fight to stay asleep, cause I dont want to leave the comfort of this place
I need 8 but want 12hrs
 pattie smith60
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/17/2007 2:11:16 AM
I need as much sleep as I can get,anywhere from 8-12 hours is great,Can function on little sleep but not for long.I love my so comfy.
 twinkly blue eyes
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/17/2007 4:06:43 PM
Well personally Ifunction on 3-4 hrs a day and have done so for over 20 yrs
and any longer I suffer migraines all day

Some people can finction on minimum hrs others need a full 10-12 hrs to recharge the system

When your body needs sleep it will take it

Im afraid i cant give you a cure for your insomnia if I had one for myself I would be rich

It may be that thats all you really need and yor body wants you to party some more

best of luck regards

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > How much sleep do you need?