Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prolibertate
Msg: 5
Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?Page 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Kissing is and will always be important...for me, I don't see that much difference between the passion, intensity and sensitivity of 30 years ago or today...I've always enjoyed it, but how much now depends a lot more on who I'm kissing and how I feel about them. It's only been in the last 10 or so years that I've realized that if he's stimulated my mind with his intelligence, wit, and personality first, the kisses are a *lot* better. Kissing before was simply a nice, warm, enjoyable, physical sensation, even when I thought I was in love with the person. But if he's gotten my mind involved, now it's enough to knock every coherent thought out of it ;)

As far as being preliminary to the 'good stuff'...I see kissing as part of the good stuff, and something to be enjoyed throughout. And there's still something good to be said about necking like back when we were teenagers ;)
 NapJoe
Msg: 7
Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?
Posted: 2/18/2007 5:56:29 AM
Love it as long as we are in bed making love.
 prolibertate
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:55:34 AM

As enjoyable as a kiss can be for itself, once it becomes a part of true intimacy, it can only get better.

So true...And I'll never understand how people, once they're in a relationship or marriage, let something so wonderful and that means so much, disintegrate into a quick peck when they leave for work in the morning or get home at night...to me, that's starting down the path to taking one's SO and the relationship for granted. Making the effort to express oneself and how important the other person is to them shouldn't have to *be* any effort...it should be looked at as a blessing and a bonus, to have found someone you feel this way about...so making it a good 10-20 second hello/goodbye kiss goes a long way ;) And sometimes, just spending time kissing, without it necessarily leading to anything else, does the same.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:03:29 AM
It is important. To me, this is just as personal as making love and I don't want to skip one step to get to the other.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:30:39 AM
And, now we've probably kissed dozens (hundreds?) and we're jaded by the experience? Does it just take more to satisfy us now that we've been there, done that so many many times? Is kissing enough any more? Or even all that important? Do the people you kiss today seem to consider kissing just a preliminary to the "good stuff?" Do you? What do you consider a "good kisser" and if your partner isn't, are you willing to offer suggestions

...KIssed hundreds, far from it....but never the less I could never become jaded by the experience....I could kiss for hours ....I have never considered kissing a preliminary to the "good stuff". It is the good stuff. Kissing is lovemaking. How important is kissing you ask?
Lets put it this way....I have fantazied more about a kiss than the actual lovemaking.

...maeflowers
 blondago56
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:38:13 AM
MORE! the 'good stuff' is frosting on the cake... A yummy,good, awesome, passionate Kiss has the Power to stop wars!
 NapJoe
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:39:41 AM
Okay, you're right. Kissing is better than the act of sex. Who wants the full experience of love. When you can feel incomplete. Such superficiality pleases, satisfies the superficial in all of us. Shallowness is next to godliness.

Shallowness makes us whole. Give me less, so I can have more.

Why not just hold hands. Or not meet at all. That way you could have a complete love affair.
 NapJoe
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:39:46 AM
Oh, you mean the bedroom isn't romantic. Let's not kiss in the bedroom. Lips should not touch each other in bed.
 CrackedHalo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 12:12:57 PM
Kissing is extremely important to me, it is so good to find someone that really knows how to give great kisses! Please........No slobbering or bad breath and teeth.......that just makes me cringe, I can't believe how many people don't think to brush their teeth or at least use some gum or something to freshen up the breath! Just my .01 cent worth
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/19/2007 6:50:36 PM
...Yes, I still fantasize about those long drawn-out kissing sessions that sometimes led nowhere, but are still fondly remembered...kissing until my lips were swollen and laying there in my bed at night running my fingers across my lips reliving the moment. How I remember the anticipation, the passion and the promise of what tomorrow might bring.........

...maeflowers
 Celticmist
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:30:58 PM
The kissing, holding hands, the stolen glances, the smiles, the hugs...all of that and more makes the experience. If all you're looking for is sex, you can find it anywhere. Love and everything it encompasses, is a whole lot harder to find.
 Faithnhim
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:38:00 PM

For me, kissing is the most intimate activity you and your partner can do.

There is nothing like the breathless feeling that can happen when you are being kissed by a great kisser.

Lips and tongue, barely moving, lingering, featherlight touching. Hot, deep, long, intense, passionate, feel like you're melting into each other kisses. Fun, playful, laugh while you are lip locked together. There is nothing else like it.

Awesome feeling!!! Kissing is very, very important....always has been for me!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/20/2007 10:18:52 PM
...Maybe one should stop playing on the soccer field and think about "playing the field"...then maybe those kisses may become reality and not just a fantasy

...maeflowers
 Celticmist
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/21/2007 12:15:34 AM
Scribe - the addresses wouldn't do you any good - you're in a different country. Maybe you should look for a female friend and companion relatioship first.
 *buzz*
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2007 11:32:26 AM

Do the kisses ... have the same passion, intensity and sensitivity as the kisses you remember from your teenage years?

Well, I have to admit that over the years I learned taking the lead when kissing. Fuelling anticipation and yearning desire via nibbling his bottom lip, gently brushing his lips with small kisses and playfully turn the lips into softly parted lips ... to commence ... to progress ... and to finally s e a l IT with the kiss ... cannot imagine otherwise as I get -sh too
 ActiveGirl16
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2007 6:26:52 PM
I am very passionate about kissing and would not want to be in a relationship with someone who isn't
 c_deacon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2007 6:53:35 PM
Kissing has always been important......the difference now is that we should be better at it as we mature and gain the experience......

I find now, that the total act of love making is far better because I touch more, kiss more, talk more, and enjoy the whole experience from head to foot......

That is what age and maturity can do for you, if you still believe in, and enjoy sex and another's touch as much as some of us do.......

Just my opinion.......
 *buzz*
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 2:00:27 AM
Don't gotta cross no sea, Magic Man....just head southeast. ;)

Good advice to Magician 'bobbinAlong' ; I too was tempted many times to cross the pond, hey ... at least to see the colour of his eyes - softness , - sparks - and getting even more darker ... but the KISS ... that's undispensable bind-ingredient to the growing bond.

With the age we get more refined ... so does the kissing => never enough of ... as the KISSES ALWAYS DO MAGICS

P.S.
Yep, found HIM round the corner!
 40Chev
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 4:13:56 PM
Gotta say it's become more important

In retrospect, way back when - it was something one did to get to where one wanted to be, a means to an end if you will.

Nowadays it has many and various meanings, only a few of which are; "glad to see you, til we meet again, I missed you, I love you, you're great, I'm glad I'm here".
 *buzz*
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2007 2:16:14 AM
^^^^^ no worries with garlic! We both eat raw garlic with our dinner; taste ~ smell ~ and its beneficial health-wise components have the same effect on us. And kissing is not spoiled at all, on the contrary ... only as exclusive as it can be
 afred549
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2007 5:23:55 AM

Reading these posts has brought to mind all that necking in the back seat when I was (much)
younger. Back in the days when there were drive in movies.

Those were really the days. I found out when I was about 30 that they actually showed movies at those things.

Kissing is the best, especially if both parties are motivated kissers. I think I would rather have a hand shake than a "duty" kiss (well you took me out to dinner, so I'll give you a smooch). A real kiss puts you out of any misery you may be having, transports you to different place in the universe, and simply feels divine...good kissing has to generate some passion, with both people feeling a momentary glimpse into who that person really is. It is an art...
 QuinnCA
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/24/2007 8:49:18 AM
A woman who know how to kiss is a must have for me. I find it one of the most sensual things a man and woman can do.
 jim19521
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2007 11:52:07 AM
kissing IS the good stuff !!!!
Oh it would be SSSSOOOO nice to not be in a hurry and just MAKE OUT for a couple of hours !!!!!!
sure there would be othr things happening B U T kissing is just so snsual and it opens the doors to greater things
just keep kissing baby and do not ever let someone "in " without getting the satisfaction that the kissing brings
hugs baby and KISSES !!!!!
 afred549
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2007 7:04:36 PM

Well, I have to say, some of you guys are giving me hope!!! And tingles. And...... *sigh*

Now don't get mushy on us, Bobbin....you know we guys are only out for friendship...
 *buzz*
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2007 4:21:21 AM
A person who can kiss well is, in my experience, much more sensual and open to appreciating nuances in every area of life.

Yes, and may I add that these good kissers do s l o w d o w n ... and p o n d e r as if there was someting to build on the present experience; once fired up their kisses spread passion as if there was no tomorrow ... they are also able to find l i n ks between body & mind as the whole being has to be - should be - in tune when .

Why???? Only then you feel her body rise
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?