Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Revamped!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Magicman826
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Revamped!Page 1 of 1    
OK! I think I got it right this time! pictures aside. (i have to take new ones i know) what do you guys think? love honest informitive opinions! seems upbeat to the point (as EVERYONE wants "real" it seems) and shows a bit of my personallity while leaving it open enough to ask questions
 Magicman826
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Revamped!
Posted: 2/22/2007 9:22:25 PM
really?! but i thought ppl liked smilies! hehe well thats good info id like to keep a couple at least though i think they do attract interest in reading the whole thing
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Revamped!
Posted: 9/13/2014 2:42:41 PM

Profile of MagicMan826:
"So you're sitting in a new barber shop waiting for a haircut and the stylist inevitably asks you how you want it done. You hand her that flimsy little business card with the information on the back of it on how they did it last time because you basically have the haircut memory equivalence of a goldfish. You ask her how long she's been doing hair. "30 years." She replies as she pulls out the clippers and proceeds to make a strong, single sweep right across the side of your head without ANY attachment. Then, has the audacity to tell you, "Well that's what the card said!" Pretty sure that's NOT what the card said, but you know, I'm no barber. To this day I still wonder what my facial expression was in that moment. Probably somewhere between, "OMG!" and, "WTF?!"

The next time you go back you wind up getting the speech impediment OCD scatterbrained stylist fresh out of school that, surprisingly enough, does a decent job aside from using root pump instead of hair spray after knocking down an entire rack of stylist products.

I guess the point is; I find myself getting into weird and precarious situations frequently, especially in my line of work.

Come to think of it as I'm writing this it's about time for another haircut..."

Why the blog post about haircuts / barbers rather than a meaningful dating profile?
 Magicman826
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Revamped!
Posted: 9/13/2014 2:54:48 PM
Thank you for the bump of the old one and the reply. Completely forgot about it!
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
Revamped!
Posted: 9/13/2014 7:30:37 PM
I will probably shock those that are used to my regular review style but I actually kind of like it. It could have worked for you but only because you are a cutie.

Having said that, it's not a dating profile. So for the young women that have a lot of messages to choose from, they may just click past your profile because it provides NO information that they need to decide if you might be a match. You'll go in to the "maybe" list that she'll get to when she's exhausted the "promising" list. Which will be never.

And clearly it isn't working for you (by your own admission).

So, have a read of the Profile Writing Tips (pinned in green at the top of the forum). Read some of the profiles of the regular male contributors, and read 3-4 other profile review threads.

Do a rewrite, include some interests in the Interests section, write a proper first date suggestion and then come back for further review.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Revamped!