Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > why the boob shots?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flame_tiger86
Msg: 5
why the boob shots?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with the attention thing too (that's what I think at least). Your question also makes me wonder why so many guys have the "no shirt" shot.
 MDNinja
Msg: 7
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/27/2007 10:16:37 PM
How many times do I have to post this? When a woman posts a chest shot pic, it usually means she wants to know if you are classy and will talk to her, or if you are pervy and try to chat up her fun bags.
 WakeDan
Msg: 11
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 3:45:29 AM
how about answering his question, instead of trying to turn it around?

i think the women do it as a hook to get attention, then hope the guy has the class to not mention sex when they start chatting.

good luck with that.
 curlygrl
Msg: 15
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:39:59 AM
I would love to show my boobs - but I am still
waiting for them to appear - If I had an asskicking rack -
hmmmmm I dont know -
I guess I must rely on my charming personality -

Women show them because they can - just like
you fat beer gut guys show your scary hairy chest -

I rather see a boob than that 70's Burt Reynolds look -
God - that makes my hair stand up on the back of my neck-
really take them down - you are creating alot of trauma here -
 justforumsplease
Msg: 16
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:45:03 AM
oh fudge... and I was going to grow my sideburns and handlebar mustache out.
 curlygrl
Msg: 17
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:01:09 AM
^^^hahhaha!!! ^^ yeah grow that mustache - then talk
dirty to me and rub it all over my body - hahhhaha!! BURT -
 justforumsplease
Msg: 18
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:02:02 AM
I'll throw in the cowboy hat and hairpiece at no added charge...
 justforumsplease
Msg: 20
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:22:27 AM
You work with what ya got I suppose.

Valid point. Although, as a man, I appreciate a fine set of breasts, that is not what strikes me when meeting someone for the first time. I tend to look at eyes and legs.

But if we were all the same, it would be a very boring world, yes?
 justforumsplease
Msg: 23
why the boob shots?
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:26:53 AM
We ALL have them, so what's the big deal?

men have nipples so we don't look weird when we take our shirts off.
 WakeDan
Msg: 41
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:40:16 AM
I was just saying the OP came into 'ask a girl' to ask the girls a question. If he wanted to know why guys take their shirts off, he'd ask them.
 Barton Emerald
Msg: 42
view profile
History
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:49:48 AM
Got any tigers with boobs? Haven't got all day here.

For sure, as the guy said on page 1 back there, it weeds out/weeds in the purve talk on her incoming messages, but really there should also be no harm in it. But you can see just from this thread the number of uptight responses, or the claiming that it must come from lack of self esteem or some other character defect, how much harm is seen in it.

I really feel that a woman in this world should be able to walk around topless, and nobody should be able to bother her about it. Man, it's only us! I'm sure the kids will be fine. I'm not specifically a nudist or anything, but I'd sure like to see all the fuss taken out of showing ourselves. We'd be less able to be manipulated by advertising and religious doctrine as well if we could all lighten up a bit. I guess I just like the openness of it all, which includes the tops.
 jpneok
Msg: 51
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/1/2007 2:00:46 PM
In three pages, the OP has gone from getting some responses and having women argue amongst themselves about his question, to getting equated to a disengenuine Lothario. Tough room. =) As a guy, in a woman's profile, its not a deal breaker but I'd also much prefer a full body pic (in casual clothing) or face or something.
 wiserd
Msg: 52
view profile
History
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/1/2007 2:27:26 PM
its'what is inside that matters the most!

Yeah, but who posts pictures of that?

Why do men think that they are more appealing in muscle shirts or cr*tch shots?

Maybe they're treating others the way they'd like to be treated? Or maybe they're just trying to screen out the girls with interesting personalities.
 wiserd
Msg: 53
view profile
History
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/1/2007 2:28:30 PM
[blockquote] its'what is inside that matters the most![/blockquote]

Yeah, but who posts pictures of that?

[blockquote]Why do men think that they are more appealing in muscle shirts or cr*tch shots?[/blockquote]

Maybe they're treating others the way they'd like to be treated? Or maybe they're just trying to screen out the girls with interesting personalities.
 bostonjen
Msg: 61
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/2/2007 11:20:04 AM
I don't think is a low self esteem thing....why do men have a lot of pics of them at the beach, in tight tank tops or no shirts at all. Why do some women have pics where they look made up for the ball. We all want to attract the opposite sex or sometimes the same one. Unfortunately looks are the first thing we are judged on. Some pretty hair, pretty eyes, nice smile, nice makeup, a nice figure, big muscles, tight abs, tight ass, large breasts, cleavage are what we look for. If we didn't care about looks, we would all have no pics up and get to know each other based on profiles, email, IM and phone calls. Then after we fell in love with our minds, we'd meet face to face and it would not matter.

But that's not how it is...we try to impress our targets with our features which will attract them.

Just one gals opinion.
 MDNinja
Msg: 65
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/2/2007 9:02:11 PM
If women aren't scantily clad, my friends, then the terrorists have won.

belly18dancer
Msg: 67
why the boob shots?
Posted: 3/3/2007 3:41:11 PM
I get asked a lot who takes my photos...and many have accused them of being glamour photos...thanks by the way...i'd love to get paid for my photography skills....they are in fact self portraits....

but men do wonder if another man took them....

here's something funny thought i've noticed...men like the boob and cleavage shots...however when they do date you and become exclusive all of a sudden they think those wonderful breasts now belong to them and want you to keep them covered....for their eyes only....

or maybe some men dont mind their woman dressing sexy and scantily and having other men look at her...

what do you say guys?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > why the boob shots?