Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > are any women on here serious??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smith2267
Msg: 1
are any women on here serious??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have had two women on here express an interest in meeting me (after 2 years as a member).
For anyone who doesn't remember, the first was discussed here http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts6103691.aspx

Now, the second, who had previously discussed visiting me this summer, has removed me from her fave list, and herself from mine, and will not respond to me. For no apparent reason.

I could use some encouragement; it all seems pretty hopeless.
 smith2267
Msg: 2
are any women on here serious??
Posted: 3/2/2007 3:02:29 PM
>>.I can't imagine that only two women here have shown you interest!! I'm gonna go and check out your profile....maybe it needs a little redecorating???

It's the truth. And neither one of them meant it.
 smith2267
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/2/2007 3:10:22 PM
^^I didn't say it was hopeless for you. Just for me, it seems--and maybe guys in general.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2007 4:51:38 PM
PoF, like most dating sites, is pretty much a sausage party with not enough buns. ...sigh...
 smith2267
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/2/2007 5:32:53 PM
^^For the record, talista, I was not talking about you.
The girl I'm talking about had made plans to meet me.
 smith2267
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/2/2007 5:49:42 PM
>>We are all at a stage in our life when we really want some security (emotional

True. I want someone who will stick around. I want someone to take care of, and to take care of me, someone to get old with who won't care that I am just a big kid with greying hair.

>>and financial

Maybe that's the problem--I'm not rich.

>>We "critique" our potential dates and make assumptions and judgements quickly because we can...

At least on online dating sites, this is true of the women more then the men. If 20 guys are emailing you a day, why bother to look closely at any of them?

Edit: thanks dawn.
 smith2267
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/2/2007 8:05:04 PM
>>Could it be because this person has seen you posting in the forums?

I take great delight in telling you that that is why she liked me in the first place.

>>appear to stalk some

Pray tell, who?

>>put people down

Some people deserve it.

I am 40 years old; I have never suffered fools in my life, and I'm too old to change.
 smith2267
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/3/2007 6:27:24 AM
>>but well it really is not a nice thing to say to a girl to call her a "stupid ****"

Who did I call that, and when?

There are a couple of girls on here I think are rather vain and shallow, but I am almost certain I have never called either of them that. I think I just called them vain and shallow.

Snugglesmacks, I would like to talk to you, but your restrictions prevent me from emailing you.

smith2267
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/3/2007 11:29:46 AM
Oh, ok. Well I felt I was defending myself, that she attacked me.
And I've had greying hair since I was eighteen, people assuming I am older than I am is a sensitive issue with me.
Yes, I will call a woman a **** if she attacks me first and gets me mad enough.

I plead guilty.

I suppose you think I should have let her call me a sick old pervert and not fought back?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2007 11:32:01 AM

Apparently, Smith hasn't learned that women remember everything guys say and use it against us any chance they get.
 smith2267
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/3/2007 11:33:42 AM
^^No, I own up to that statement. That girl who called me a sick old pervert was being
b*itchy. And nosy, too, since it didn't have anything to do with her. It was a drive by flaming.
 smith2267
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/3/2007 11:42:48 AM
"sick old pervert" is less of an insult than b*tch?
No, I think they are about equal. So why are you holding the incident against me, and not against her?

If you're looking for a man who will never ever lose his temper no matter what, you've got a long search ahead of you.
 smith2267
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/3/2007 2:07:29 PM
>>You've posted this thread asking why more women on here have not been interested in you

No, that wasn't really my question. I can handle it if no women on here like me.
I was asking if any women here were serious, because the only 2 women on here who have agreed to meet me have blown me off.

>>that doesn't mean we are willing to tolerate being called names.

I didn't call you anything. So is this a female solidarity thing? She insulted me, I insulted her back. I used a word you find offensive to your gender, so you take it personally?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > are any women on here serious??