Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > NW Community ball league (CALGARY)      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justblue
Msg: 1
NW Community ball league (CALGARY)Page 1 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Hello all:

There is a community ball league that I am a part of and we are looking for more players. Therefore, I thought what better way than to get our own team in there and see what we can do.

Last year the fees from the community were 35.00 a person and that included a beer or two after the game, end of season round robin tournament, with a wrap up bbq. The community supplied the bbq's and the site as well as corn on the cob with the players supplying what they wanted to eat there. Was sort of a potluck.

We generally play on Sunday nights till the July long weekend and then play on Wed nights due to the fact that a lot of people go out of town on the weekends. Game time was 7 pm and the games were located in Silver Springs. It is a co-ed league so male and females are welcome. We normally started just after the May Long Weekend.

If anyone is interested, please leave a note here and I will attempt to get back to you.

The members who indicated a preference to play, it would also be nice for your signup so that we can communicate meeting times and practice times as well.

I know that this year will be a great year and hope that you will enjoy it as well.

If anyone wants to know what the schedule is...Look at msg #346 as I have posted it there.

JB

NOTE: If your restrictions are such that I cannot contact you, send an email to: silver_springs_softball_2007@hotmail.com
and I will get back to you with the information.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

backcountryme

dirtbag2

ironmike44

justblue

sweetandsensitive6996

time2go

transition11

7 people are attending
 justblue
Msg: 2
NW Community softball ball
Posted: 3/6/2007 11:03:16 PM
Hey there:

Because Calgman asked me to move this to a new thread, I thought to set this one up. I have obtained some further information so am posting it here.

Ball would be starting the weekend after the may long weekend. It is to be co-ed teams and the fee will be 35.00 per person to the organizers. There is hope that we will have at least 6 teams playing with a round robin sequence.

The organizers will be having a managers meeting around early to mid april so would like to get enough people (fishes) to form our own team for this league. As well, would have to have our own meeting beforehand so I could represent the wishes of the people.

The teams are normally made of 10 players with at leat 5 spare because during the summer people do not come out as much. All people who show up though would play during that evening by subbing in and out.

There are already 4 people that want to play and would love to have enough to form the team. Please reply so that we can get the representation and have some great fun.

We can maybe even get a sponsor if soon enough and get some shirts or something made.

Looking forward to hearing from you...
 justblue
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/8/2007 2:52:32 PM
Angel:

The place and times are listed above. Also we are going to have a meeting early april, if enough people are interested, as to what day we will play after the july long weekend.

I cannot email you as your restrictions prevent me from doing so.

If you know of other MALE and FEMALE people, then they are welcome. It is a co-ed fun league and want it to be a social environment as well.

Take care.
 justblue
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/8/2007 2:54:08 PM
Lady Di...could always use more females...at least the guys think so..

tee hee...

besides, we need more players. Looking for a minimum of ten and hoping for like 15 so that if people cannot play one night we will still have extras.
 justblue
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/8/2007 8:56:01 PM
Angel...Silver springs is in the NW...is the first exit after 53rd on crowchild going west or the exit immediately before nosehill going west. Coming from Cochrane is the next exit after nosehill and before53rd. hehehe

We play at the diamonds normally called the bus trap becuase there is an old unused bus trap there. heheh

Yes the plan is to start first sunday after may long and the last game/tourney is at the end of august with a bbq afterwards.

I plan on having a meeting first week in April as there are some details I have to arrange for before the teams meet with the organizer.

As well...anyone know if we could get sponsored for some shirts??

Would be kewl...hey...maybe POF would want to sponsor us for some baseball shirts?
 justblue
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/8/2007 8:57:55 PM
Wondering maybe if the admin/mods would want to move this to the party threads to keep track of all the peoiple wanting to sign up? I am still looking for a few people to round out the team.

Also need to know if we have any pitchers aroound? Catchers? and who wants to/could play field?
 justblue
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/9/2007 5:22:57 PM
funny guy...lol

Well there is beer in the leagues cooler too!

I am just trying to get an idea so as to make known to the organizers if maybe we might need some players for specific positiions. I am not too concerned about the infield and outfield as much as pitcher and catcher.

justblue
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/9/2007 11:19:47 PM
Lady Di...All yours. Thank you for letting me know that.
 justblue
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:42:30 AM
Angel...your restrictions do not allow me to contact you. Was wondering if there was someone that I could contact to get in touch with you.

JB
 justblue
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:29:28 PM
CG23:

We have 10, but at the same time, some peoiple have said that they could not make every week and/or had to leave early due to employment needs. We are still looking for possibly 5 more people to play.

If there are people out there that have played and would like to play please let me know or post here so that we can get things rolling.

i am thinking of having a meeting next weekend to get things together and see how many people are committed and where to play people on the team.

Time is ticking away ppl and we need more!!!!

Remember this weekend to reset the clocks...March 10, 2007
 justblue
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:00:31 AM

Alright so here I am drowning my tears in the fact that we just lost the game and calgaryguy23 better known as ..... says I should join.. i've got somewhat of a busted foot and a 4 year old but i'll come out and play if you need a gal....

So who is "I" and with a busted foot...how long will it take to heal? hoping not too long...would not want you in pain. As for the 4 y.o. as long as they are manageable and you do not mind other kids being there at times, there is not a problem. Normally parents bring kids there if they need to.

SIDE NOTE: I am hoping to set a meeting for the weekend of the 17th/18th of march 2007 to arrange for people to meet, get some questions answered, set some positions and fill any spots that need filling. If you have any ideas as to where it can be done preferably in the afternoon as some people work evenings, then please let me know.

Thank you
 justblue
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:57:43 PM
I was thinking possibly around 3-315 on Sunday afternoon. Was wondering how that would work for people?

Would have it around crowchild and 50th avenue S.W. since that is a place that is willing to give us some space, or if people have a place that they would wish to go and have it, I am open to suggestions.
 Backcountryme
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:10:59 PM
Well just, I am totally in. I can play where ever. Can't wait. Now I have to go get a glove. BTW, I will be at the meeting but I will have my kids in tow. Man, this is going to be fun. Nothing mixes like softball, beer, and co-ed play. Weeeee.
 justblue
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:20:47 PM
Angel...

the games are in the NW...but was planning on meeting in the SW...unless someone has other suggestions. Jsut somewhere that I have found some space that we could meet and there bar service available if we anyone wants a drink at the time.

JB
 justblue
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/12/2007 12:58:48 PM
Ok all...now that we have a contingent of people to play, I would like to have a meeting this coming weekend.

The meeting will be held at Garrison Curling Club (2288 47 Avenue SW) jsut off 50th Avene and Crowchild Trail S.W. upstairs in the lounge area. I will inform the bartender of the people coming so that if you are lost, then you can just ask her.

I have the meeting area reserved for start betrween 3-315 and am hoping that we can get all the information given out, any questions answered, and some players positions set.

I will be also trying to send out e-messages to people that have told me that they are interested, and also notifying people that have shown an interest at events I have been at but are not active on the site.

Hope to see you all there. If you have any questions before, please do not hesitate to post.

JB
 justblue
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/12/2007 1:00:17 PM
Would have it around crowchild and 50th avenue S.W.

Did you actually mean S.W.? That seems really far away...I thought we were playing in the N.W.

That is what I said...SW for the meeting and NW for the league.
 justblue
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/17/2007 10:13:51 AM
hey dood..I would, but have a lot of things to do today and do not know if I would have some time. You know when you put hcores off and then have people come in from out of town, present a little problem.
 justblue
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/18/2007 10:03:18 AM
REMINDER:

Meeting today at 3 pm at the garrison curling club, upstairs. If you have a problem finding me I will be upstairs. You can ask the bartender and they will point you in the right direction.

Hope to see you all there.

JB
 justblue
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/18/2007 7:09:24 PM
Well it seems that NO ONE wanted to make today. It is VERY discouraging since the only people that showed up were myself and the two people from Curling that wanted to join us.
 justblue
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/18/2007 8:04:33 PM
AA...I would still like this to be a go, but given the fact that no one at all showed up...si very troubling.
 Backcountryme
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2007 8:13:58 PM
Hey Just. I am still in for the team. I couldn't make it, I had my kids this weekend and all of them got sick. I couldn't take them out. Don't be discouraged, we are all still in. I would be up for any meeting during the week, I don't have my kids then.
 justblue
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/19/2007 8:00:57 PM
I agree we should have another meeting soon, but I have no league equipment yet so unless people have softballs and bats, then would be hard to do...thinking maybe of a meeting at kingshead for wings and stuff on Sunday?

What do you all think...would be later in afternoon, like 330 or 4 pm
 Backcountryme
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 12:00:47 PM
Can't make Kings head this weekend, But if I can find my glove I would be up for some ball on Sat. Now I just need to dig that thing out and hope that it is still in good shape.
 Backcountryme
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 5:05:05 PM
I am all over that if I can find my glove. Got my oldest son on it. He had it last, and it is at my ex's house. The void of all things that were mine. Lol. But yeah, the game sounds fun. I might not be able to make the BBQ, but I will know more before the weekend. Cheers all, and I can't wait to hear the crack of a bat. PLAY BALL.
 justblue
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/22/2007 10:25:36 AM
Well peeps...

Seems we are gonna have to get this thing going this weekend. I am asking if CG23 can let people know when and where...

I was thinking maybe making it later in the afternoon, so that some people that are working earlier can still make it. Maybe around 3 or 4? Then we can do that for a while and have a potluck BBQ as suggested? Maybe people bring their steaks/burgers/dogs etc and drinks and we can get some of the fixings. If people want potatoe salad or green salads, garlic toast etc, maybe we can get some people for that too.

So Can we get directions and information to this diamond asap as there are some that will need to be notified by phone as they will not have access to a computer in the evening or weekend.

Bats and balls would be helpful as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > NW Community ball league (CALGARY)