Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are most women so flakey?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Raven34
Msg: 2
Why are most women so flakey?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I have met some pretty flaky guys in the dating world so I don't think this is reserved for women only. I know if I say I am going to call I do. I don't cancel unless it's an emergency and if on the rare occasion I do I give as much notice as I can. Sometimes we get ourselves into a situation where we become a magnet for a certain "type" of person. Maybe you have to swing the look inwards and see why you attract this particular type of woman.
 astrosky
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why are most women so flakey?
Posted: 4/17/2005 9:35:55 PM
LOL women can always blame hormones, what excuse can men come up with?
 HAHANOW
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/17/2005 10:03:20 PM
<~~~forsted flaky!
 Double Cabin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2005 2:54:44 PM
Too much chlorine in the water supply? Most women are not flakey. I've found they actually break apart in large chunks when confronted with nothing but self absorbed young men. Not trying to be cruel man, but why are most young men on plenty of fish complaining about women like I've never seen before. As women become more empowered we need not become less so. If a woman's actions and attitude prove unattractive too you, move on, there are far too many fabulous femmes to waist your time on ones that are preoccupied with self. It is a woman's perogative, or so the women in my family told me. Don't let the negative experiences of a young life cloud a future of unlimited potential.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/21/2005 6:06:55 AM
Because if women are all what you're looking for, the dating world will become boring
 that sam i am
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/5/2007 4:50:33 PM
only thing that should be flakey is pie crust. Yeah a lot of the younger women are flakey. My response to that is to either do the same, make plans and try to flake on them before they flake (revenge is sweet), or just move on. They really aren't worth the trouble.
 megaknight
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/26/2007 2:44:58 AM

astrosky

Posted: 4/17/2005 9:35:55 PM

LOL women can always blame hormones, what excuse can men come up with?

Having to deal with those flaky women and their hormones everyday to the point that it rubs off on them.
 TitusBreast
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/26/2007 7:04:27 AM
They use too much Crisco in their cooking. Love, Titus
 packagedealx3
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:28:02 PM
As is so often noted on a thread of this nature, one the common denominator is you so you are likely picking vapid arm candy and deserve what you get. The other side of the coin is that people treat us the way we allow them to so if there is more than one ridiculous reason to break a date or not to call and you hang around again, you deserve what you get.

For the rocket scientist that revived the thread, what a putz.
 northeast25
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/24/2008 3:23:48 PM
There are many reasons why many women ( and men as well ) are flakes. Sometimes she met someone that she liked better. Sometimes she is just "testing the waters" and isn't really serious about meeting someone. Sometimes she might get "cold feet" about meeting someone from the internet.

The most annoying thing is when the woman actually makes initial contact with a man, asks him to meet up with her, then disappears when the man tries to set up or confirm plans.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/24/2008 3:45:31 PM
If women are truly this bad, I suggest that you cease and desist all contact with them--immediately. Matters will not get better.
 soaringangel86
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/24/2008 9:02:05 PM
"I don't know if it's an age thing ,I've met flaky women who were well into their 30's.I don't think it's a gender thing either.I just know I don't stand for it,I move on.Isn't it funny how a guy can start a thread about women being flaky or doing wuss tests or dumping you,the nice guy for a jerk,then when you post about,you suddenly get posts from women who claim they aren't the way you're complaining about.Funny thing...where were these women when you were looking for a date?"
Exactly....
 Soul Union
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/24/2008 9:11:14 PM

I haven't ever come across a woman who wasn't flakey. Won't call when she says she will. Cancels at the last minute. Takes days to return a message. I keep having to end relationships because of flakeyness. Is this just a woman thing or something? - shespinsmeround

> Maybe your user-name has something to do with it. What you focus on is what you attract. You are, therefore, attracting women who spin you around.
> Your profile says you are also an astronaut. Maybe they are tired of waiting for you to come back home and put your feet on the ground.
> Good luck - Soul Union.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/24/2008 9:23:13 PM
"...you suddenly get posts from women who claim they aren't the way you're complaining about.Funny thing...where were these women when you were looking for a date?" Because some are overlooked by you guys? Plus when someone posts "most" about the opposite gender it's pretty degrading and puts people on the defensive. Flakiness is really not a man/woman thing. It's a people thing. Some people are flaky - pure and simple. We've all met at least one in our dating lives.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2008 9:44:44 PM
To me, women are flaky when they have a scalp condition.
 newportsun
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2011 1:04:45 PM
It is a woman's prerogative? If a lot of Men did the same exact thing to many women, then he is considered by many women as an inconsiderate Pig! Women have that prerogative and Men don't? That sounds like DOUBLE STANDARDS! I feel that is ONLY SEXIST AND IT ONLY REPRESSES MEN! MEN HAVE FEELINGS TO! If a women came on to a guy and gave her cell number and made a commitment to a Man and does not have the decency to call him ASAP to canceler out the date. It is just plain RUDE! If a Women does not have a SPINE TO SAY NO because she does not want to hurt your feelings and FLAKES OUT ON YOU THE LAST MINUT. It is very embarrassing, disappointing, degrading and that guy could have made other plans to see someone else. By Flaking out on a date only hurts men 100 times more then if she where truly honest from the begining. If she can't say no from the begging because she does not no how to communicate, She is mentally challenged! She should not be dating in the first place! It is just plain common sense!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2011 1:38:42 PM
i'm dating a gal who is not only flaky, but she waffles a lot, in addition to being nuts and bananas. it's exasperating, but i don't have a beef, because the breakfasts make it all worth it.
 abelian
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/25/2011 11:42:26 AM

They're looking for cereal daters.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/25/2011 12:52:24 PM
I read this post and it was for sure an OMG you have got to be kidding post. Men are infamous for this sort of flaky behavior.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/25/2011 7:50:56 PM
It's your fault if you let it bother you, or put yourself in a position to be inconvenienced by someone you don't know and can't predict the habits of. Male or female, some people don't mean what they say, and that has to be something you're prepared for. If someone cancels on you, then you only get inconvenienced the hope they would be a match - but you haven't lost any time or money.

Also, there are people who don't get stood up that would rather have when it all went down, and people that do get stood up by someone they'd have probably chewed their own arm off to get away from had they actually kept their word. Make sure you realize a blessing when it's bestowed upon you.
 jrb1979
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2015 7:33:42 AM
I came across this thread and thought I would respond to it. I used to keep chasing women even after they canceled plans with me. Now I don't time for that. Ever since the start of the year my attitude now is I don't wait around for anyone. When I meet a new girl and she can't commit to plans within the first 2 weeks of meeting I move on. I have found the younger generation seem to be the worst for being flaky. Men and Women. I don't get it and that is why I stay away from dating younger then 30 now.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/23/2015 3:30:16 AM
Well, yes, the idea of meeting is to meet as soon as possible. Two weeks is more than enough time for somebody to decide if they want to meet or not. Of course if it's a long-distance meet, more time is needed, but not too long. I don't wait around, either -- because chances are probable that it isn't real life holding them back, that it's a matter of them exhausting their other dating options, first. I mean, who wants to be put on ice when somebody else might be interested?

It's been discussed that some people can wait an extended length of time, talking. flirting, with the intention of meeting and then decide to flake -- after plans are made -- tickets purchased or other scheduling committed. The person stops answering calls and responding to messages or doesn't pitch up for the meet even if it's local; they then pretend nothing has happened or there is some wild excuse messaged of how somebody in their family has died, land in the hospital from some freakish illness, or work problems got in the way. Whatever.
 J3LV3HL_WV3JP
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/23/2015 2:40:19 PM
There are a lot of people who just seem to be in an endless loop of texting. Both genders are guilty of that. Personally, I want to meet ASAP because why waste time if it's not going to go anywhere?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2015 5:15:06 PM
jrb1979

Glad you have stopped your needy stalkerish behaviour in pursuing women who have cancelled on you. Online dating is rife with fakes and flakes. We all know that and you have to take your chances I guess.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2015 5:21:08 PM
northeast25

It is annoying but think of it this way, she was obviously not who she said she was, or was butt ugly and you have dodged a bullet.
Better than you actually turn up and she has not shown up at all or has disappeared once she caught sight of you..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are most women so flakey?