Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Is Height an issue to Men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Divaatchy
Msg: 1
Is Height an issue to Men?Page 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Yes men, I am directing this toward you....
Do guys care if a girl is taller or shorter than them? Which do most prefer?
I am 6 feet tall, and I was curious if most men care that a woman would be taller than them. To me I personally do not prefer to date a man shorter than myself, but what is it like from a mans perspective?
 singleguy001
Msg: 2
Is Height an issue to Men?
Posted: 3/10/2007 2:35:48 AM
Speaking for myself...i personally dont mind either way. If a woman is comfortable with it ...why cant I be? After all good...no...great things come in small packages! However i have heard and seen guys take issue with this topic. I do believe that if a woman is interested in a guy that is shorter than her.... and she thinks He would have an issue ... only she can give him the confidence to become involved.... so make the first move and watch what happens. You my be suprised!
 TienLong
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 2:40:06 AM
I personally have nothing against it at all. I often just wish the tall women would give us shorter guys a chance. Although I have <5'9" listedon my profile because my experience is that seems to be the tallest a women will consider dating me lol. If she is everything else I like in a woman I don't care how tall she is.
 hesearchesfor1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:18:22 AM
Speaking for myself, I've found that I'm drawn to taller women who are closer to my height of 6'2". I don't know why, but I just don't feel as attracted to shorter women. When I dance with a woman I want to look into her eyes, not at the top of her head, so that's part of the reason petite women have no attraction for me. You're 6'0" and you'd the top side of my range. 5'6" is the low end of my range. Would I consider a woman taller than me? I don't think so but there extremely few women taller than me so it's not much of a problem. As I've told petite women who've contacted me, this is my hangup and it's not their problem. Some guys prefer blondes. I prefer tall women.
 supersonic1
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:35:42 AM
I prefer shorter women. On the average, I've tended to go out with girls who were around six inches shorter than me. I guess I just like to feel like a big strong man or something. Me Tarzan, You Jane.
 Divaatchy
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:41:54 AM
hahaha...I guess you're right, it is all about preference then. Thanks for the post! Take care and happy fishing!
 doobiebro
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/10/2007 10:50:42 AM
No preference either way. But as has been stated so many times before, its who's inside. I worked with an incredible lady several years ago. Appearance on the same level as todays OP, a sweetheart, and about 4” taller than me. Short version, no pun intended, never expected anything from our kidding around, got together briefly, but circumstances beyond our control, prevented us from continuing. And no, neither of us was married. My butt is still black and blue from kicking myself, for not being able to find a way to make it work. Other gf have been mostly the same as me or slightly shorter. I also read an article in which a woman described her shorter bf by saying she “ laughed at the looks they got from some people, while standing in the grocery check out. With her standing behind him, arms around him, her chin resting on top of his head.” For myself, when love strikes, the last thing on my mind is “where's my yardstick?”
 krysta5
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:13:37 AM
how appropriate, a neandertal mentality.
 krysta5
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:15:23 AM
yeah, sister. I am also six feet, and I find men are waaaaaaaaaay intimidated (along with my brains, as I have a Master's Degree) or worship the fact I am super tall. No way I would change it, and **** them if they don't like it, they can go find a shrimp to date. Statistics say that tall people have it a lot easier in life.

best of luck!
 suntan2007
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:27:34 AM
Yes it really sucks.I have been intimidated by taller women mostly because they act like agressive men that descriminate.The other thing is now I only prefer women about 5'-5'2" slim and petite.It's the only way I now feel comfortable around a potential female partner.So you see it goes both ways no matter the gender.Just call it choice for the species and forget about it.
 Idealisticloveroflife
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:51:57 AM
I'm only 5'10", but have to agree with what you said about men being somewhat intimidated by tall, intelligent women. I don't have a master's degree, not even a college degree (devoted my life to having and raising my ten children! lol), but I am articulate, wise, and over six feet when wearing heels! I'm also very happy with who I am!
Thanks for the original posting...... I enjoyed reading the comments by all the others!
 eeek
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:57:35 AM

Do guys care if a girl is taller or shorter than them?

I certainly don't care. There are just too many other things that are so much more important. It'd be a shame to reject a perfect mate just on elevation.

Which do most prefer?

I have no preference.
 Chad5086
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/10/2007 12:05:58 PM
Well as you have read from the guys before me, it just depends on the guy. I have dated women that were as tall as me (5'10"), I didn't have any problems with it, but I tend to be more attracted to shorter women. I'm not sure why that is and I wouldn't choose to not date a girl just because she was taller. I think some guys get intimidated way too easy, but I also think that some women (and men) put up a "tough-girl" front and it's either intimidating or just a huge turn-0ff. Stand tall, be proud and happy with who you are and how you look and that will be more than enough to attract the right guys.
 Tinman2009
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:21:43 PM
I's prefer a girl who's shorter or same height as I am. I've dated taller girls a couple of times and I was more concerned about how she may felt to be with a shorter man, and that in turn made it uncomfortable for me. If she has no problem with it, than I have no problem with it either.
 sancho!
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 5:04:39 PM
my preference has always been for a tall woman. someone at least 5'9" or taller. that's because i love long legs though.
 ItsaKelticthing
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 6:00:12 PM
It's actually a double-edged sword for those of us under 6 feet. It seems that women are the ones with complexes where this is concerned. I really don't care how tall a woman is, if there's a connection. But there's a myth that taller guys provide a better sense of security. While the perception is real, the reality necessarily isn't.
And then there's the other myth that because a man is tall, he is better equipped sexually. (same myth as the ethnic misperception). This, I assure you, is only a myth.
But back to hte OP, I like beautiful women regerdless of height.
 Big daddy Jim
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:12:28 PM
I'm 6 ft. As long as they are of proper proportion physically I find it doesn't matter. I've been with cute women from 5' 0" to 5' 10". Previous in this discussion I saw at least two ladies who are 6' tall (Divaatchy & Krysta5) and they looked quite attractive from their photos. If I were to date such women, I would consider myself to be a lucky man even if I had to look up to them while slow dancing. The one thing I find unfortunate is that tall women with great legs feel self confident about their height and will not wear heels when going out. Such a waste.
 1gvu001
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:41:51 PM
I wouldn't care at all if the girl is taller. In a quest for a long-term relationship, I can't let little things like that impede me from finding love.
 Piano4te
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/10/2007 10:04:22 PM
I've never really cared how tall a woman is...doesn't intimidate me one bit. However, if a search is done in the forums, it's generally the women who have issues with how tall a man is. They like 'em taller.
 Divaatchy
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:08:19 PM
Hahaha!
Thanks for the words of encouragement. As I get older I realize what a blessing it is to have height...
It is werid though about the whole intimadattion thing...Im so over the fact that Im tall and dont care so why should anyone else? I totally agree that a person is a person and what really counts is what is on the inside and how they make you feel.
Thanks again girl!
And everyone Else!
 momars
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:33:08 PM
If I ever meet a woman that is taller than me,I'd probably pass out.I'm 6'7'',so I would love to meet a woman 6 foot or a little over.but it seems that all the women I run into onley want men who can play in the 6' and under league.any tall woman who wants a good,man,you know what to do.
 Mr. Phoenix
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:54:01 AM
Hmm ... I'm certainly not intimidated by a woman's intelligence. Quite the opposite.

When it comes to height, I've just assumed that a tall woman would want a man who's also tall.

There are ways of indicating availability or interest that I watch for. If I don't see 'em, I don't approach. What you think of as intimidation might actually be respect.

All the best,

Robert
 tinamann311
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/11/2007 3:03:54 AM
I normally don't post but this was too good to pass up...

Tom Cruise is like, 5'4.

Past wives:

Mimi Rogers, (remember that?)

Nichole Kidman,

and now Katie Holmes -

all TALLER than him.

Big Deal.

So, what.

Who cares?

Just sayin'

ItsaKelticthing
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2007 5:28:34 PM

yeah, sister. I am also six feet, and I find men are waaaaaaaaaay intimidated (along with my brains, as I have a Master's Degree) or worship the fact I am super tall

I don't know about all that, but I do think that as breathtaking as you are (and I'm being sincere) It's like, "super size me!"
I hope this reads well.
 fremont_40
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/12/2007 5:40:11 PM
if I ever meet a woman taller than me, I'm running in the opposite direction as fast as I can! PERIOD!
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Is Height an issue to Men?