Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > since when did vagina become a dirty word???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leeanne
Msg: 2
view profile
History
since when did vagina become a dirty word???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This PC world has gone completely out of wack!!!
At least they used the word Vagina and not 'pvssy', or the "C" word that is not to be used here!!
 §püngl䧧
Msg: 5
since when did vagina become a dirty word???
Posted: 3/10/2007 3:39:22 PM
I think it's incredibly sad that the word vagina was censored, especially in light of the circumstance it was being used in. How on earth are we to convey healthy sexual attitudes amongst our kids if the schools are going to make even anatomically correct words taboo? We'll have the word vagina censored, yet we'll have a sex ed class to teach them how to use condoms? In order for sex to be healthy, and balanced, we need to be able to show children that there isn't anything wrong with our bodies, or proper references, not just send conflicting messages about sex ed, and banning proper words...

Side note: I'm glad they teach sex ed in schools, and condom usage..I'm just surprised that when classes like this exist, they're censoring appropriate references to a body....
 unabashed
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/10/2007 3:46:35 PM
I whole-heartedly agree. Infact, the vagina is not only my absolute FAVORITE body part, it is indeed a wonderful and amusing word if used in the appropriare context. I say we all make a vow, to dedicate ourselves to de-sensitizing the american public to the word vagina. Use it whenever possible, in line at the post office, oredering a big mac, or even as a description of ones personality. Come on people, are you with me? Viva los VAGINA!
 iamasiam
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 3:53:38 PM
lol....There are a lot of scared and insecure people out there in this world. The scary thing is they also have a lot of power in society.
The good news is that the more fear they have the easier it is to play with their minds for fun.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:07:04 PM
If that was me, as a parent, I would be banging on the door of that school real quick! I would demand a meeting of the school board and the PTA, as well as the Governor/Senator/Congressman. This story is sad to say the least.
 psignosis
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/11/2007 5:51:17 AM
It would of been a female teacher who had insecurities no doubt.

A womens insecurities becomes a new Politically correct law.

Oh god... that time of the month. Look out, its time to lower the speed limits again.
 Phrygian
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/11/2007 8:42:34 AM
vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina vagina

ooh, someone spank me I've been bad
 Vitiate
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/11/2007 2:02:16 PM
You're wrong about the reason they were suspended....

They were suspended for gratuitous use of large words. This is the South remember?

The one man show's name was amended from "The Vagina Monologues" to
"Talking With My Box".

Apparently, no one knew what either a monologue was or they kept thinking that it was a play about one of the semi-confederate States...
 Sexygirl444
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/11/2007 5:30:21 PM
Just remembering something from my school days. our sex ed teacher wrote four words on the whiteboard
Vagina, Penis, Breast and elbow
She told us to think of words that are other names for these ones. there were heaps for the first three, but funnybone was the only thing we could think of for elbow.
She explained to us. If something is concealed, we tend to come up with other names for them.
 jg65
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/29/2007 2:28:16 PM
It is available on DVD and it was a laugh
very interesting
should be shown on public tv
very enlightening as well
saw it a few months ago
 daddyxx3
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/4/2008 9:21:34 AM
And people wonder why something like 25% of the young population has herpies. If they can't SAY the word Vagina how are they going to learn how to protect it??
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > since when did vagina become a dirty word???