Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Is it me ?? Or the Computer..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greeneyesblonde
Msg: 1
Is it me ?? Or the Computer..Page 1 of 1    
I am finding that only half of POF is loading...no pics of anyone...
no sections or lines..etc...is it me or my computer..
or is Big Fish doing some work on POF ???

Inquiring minds want to know...

GEB
 VainH
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is it me ?? Or the Computer..
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:44:50 AM
Little laggy today. He's been mucking around with a few things I think. Default font in the posting window has changed to a kerned font, if you haven't noticed. I've seen it a few places on the main site, too.

Not just you.
 mystrygal
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:21:58 PM
hmm finding the same thing here GEB .......lag, no pics, and some stuff
just not loading........sent some email out and it doesnt show that it was sent...

Think we all no what that means more changes are about to come
around the corner or could be with march break more are online...

Guess just wait and see if it clears up....is all we can do

Firmbear8
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/11/2007 5:42:40 PM
Most likely they were clearing the cash files out and when you defrag a server then you will get a slower system until it is finished.
As we have too realise pof is world wide and not just a small one city site.
And so when they defrag the system and clear the cash files it takes alot of system resources and will make what you see a little slow to load .
 VainH
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 7:07:24 PM
Well, when the old "cash" files are too full, he can just send the excess to me. Servers don't require defragging, at least those running a real OS. And unless Markus is doing a lot of browsing from the main server rather from his personal machine, there's no cache to speak of either.

Could have been anything from trying out new code to an outage on his main connection. At any rate, seems fine now.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Is it me ?? Or the Computer..