Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > Would you tell people if you were very wealthy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bep75
Msg: 6
Would you tell people if you were very wealthy?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
i dont think that i would disclose that kind of info....bein wealthy, not until it seems that there is something to the relationship
but i dont think i iwll ever have that kind of trouble
i wish
 crazyindian69
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Would you tell people if you were very wealthy?
Posted: 3/21/2007 9:41:58 PM
With money, people's motives can become hidden. I would hide that fact from a prospective fish if I was wealthy. If I had a million dollars, I assure you that there would be no buying of K-cars. I would still rent a simple apartment and make it looked lived in. It may be a deception but I prefer to get the truth about motives.

Also I know my family, every last damn cousin i never met would be here with there hands out if I were rich.
 supermom1955
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2007 1:31:43 AM
I only wish I was wealthy ...lol...and I too would probably keep it to myself until the time is right - until I knew the guy loved me for who I am and not what I have in my bank account or material possessions and I would expect the same from the guy. If the discussion where to come up about our financial situation which is not always right at the beginning of a relationship, I would just say that I have enough money to take care of myself and eventually start throwing out hints as the relationship developed further and I knew he was into me and not anything else. You can scare someone away if you are too wealthy just as much as you can scare someone away if your not as well. Money is the root to all evil and money can not buy you love - it can only buy you material possessions. I would rather be poor and in love then to be rich and lonely. The guy I am with told me early in our relationship - well after we developed feelings for each other how much money he brings in a month which is alot and that he would buy me anything I wanted but I have told him many times that it does not matter how much he makes - he could be the poorest guy on earth and I would still love him for who he is and for what he has or doesn't have. Thats just me.

Now if I was to win the big one, that would be pretty hard to keep a secret as I think your names gets advertised all over the place and if it can be kept as an unknown winner then I would be so excited that I would tell my family and closest friends even though I knew it would slip out eventually and would share my wealth with them and yes have everyone else knocking on my door for handouts in which they wouldn't get....lol. Winning a lottery is way different then just being wealthy. It puts a whole new look on things and how a person would handle it. Geeze maybe someone or even myself should get a thread going on that one....lol..."what would you do if you won the big one".
 StubbornSally
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/22/2007 11:34:54 PM
If I came into money or was wealthy, the only ones that would know would be my family (which includes my closest buds-they have always been there for me as well as my my blood).....and I'd have no problem including my man and his family, because they have been there for me through all my rough now too. You should know a sucker of wealth from the get-go...we all have guts/feelings and should stick to them over our lust/love.
 supermom1955
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 3:05:51 PM
Well said guesswho - I totally agree with you on that one and feel the same way. The wealth of money does not and never will buy or replace the wealth of compassion, love, caring, comforting and communication. This kind of wealth does come from within and a person is lucky to be able to have this kind of wealth. Like I mentioned earlier, my man could be the poorest man on earth but would love him all the same cause he has all the wealth that comes from within him to give to me as I do him.
 polly ogerski
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 6:27:59 PM
I would hope that my lifestyle or at least the way I dressed or the house I lived in might give some idea of my financial status. I am not sure if I would say right out that I had money..........its not usually the first topic of conversation.....and if it is.....get outta there. I do not want or expect someone to be looking after me just as I want and expect independance in a partner. I've lived way to long and worked way too hard to be 'looking after' someone else. Maybe that is selfish, but the people in my life now know who is special to me. Should I suddenly 'come into money' I would share but I sure wouldn't be broadcasting the news.
 bep75
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/23/2007 6:39:04 PM
you have a point there polly......it would look suspisious if all of a sudden i went from livin in the hood to a better place........like out in the ocuntry....
and if i went from drivin my old car to what i wanna be drivin...but thats only in the case of winnin or commin into a large sum of money...
other than that i would want someone to love me for how i am not what i can buy them

btw polly my ring is just about healed lol
 StubbornSally
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/27/2007 12:24:07 PM
I so have to agree with GUESS and SUPERMOM....I am not finacially rich myself...but I am SO fortunate in so many other aspects of my life. No money in the world could replace what I actually have. And I would even pass up being rich for the riches I do hold....
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/3/2008 12:34:10 PM
Yeah, I'd tell them. Then I'd sit back and watch the greediots make fools of themselves.
 polly ogerski
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 10:02:42 AM
I have posted before on this subject and those opinions remain the same. BUT.. I would like to state that I am rich..in the things that count. I have a roof over my head and enough money to keep the wolf from the door. I also have a wealth of family and friends that out number any amount of material things some people wish for. That does not mean I would say no to a lottery or if somebody wants to gift me with money, trips, cars etc. I am not crazy..I am content. Happy New Year everybody.
 littletykes
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/8/2008 8:27:53 AM
Am I wealthy??? Darn rights I am...to agree with another poster...I have a house, clothing, food and love from my family and friends.
I think the word wealthy means alot of different things to different people. Money doesnt buy love nor does it buy happiness. Although I know I am happier when I have a few bucks in my pocket and I can buy something without feeling guilty about spending the money ( taking from bills or the mortgage payment ). I always make sure the kids have before me....
Searched for the meaning of wealthy and heres what I found...
affluent: having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value; "an affluent banker"; "a speculator flush with cash"; "not merely rich but ...
OR
Wealth from the old English word "weal", which means "well-being" or "welfare". The term was originally an adjective to describe the possession of such qualities.
So take from that what you will..now if this question means would I tell people I had a ton of cash......NO....cause I know there are money hungry people out there without morals or a conscience and would go to no extent to screw me over for my money....
 urban23
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:55:56 PM
If I was lucky enough to win the lottery, I would still keep my job and just show up with new things, on occasions. Why look like you are 'suddenly rich'? Friends and money don't mix. Let alone every relative would be hunting you down, cause they need help.
I would help those who love me, and being with a POF guy, I don't think that he would need to know that, until he signs the pre-nup, if he makes it that far.
The one post said that a lottery winner's face is on the front page of the news.....do you really think that I would be stupid enough to claim the ticket? My lawyer would already be finalized the contract, and my financial advisor would be already be doubling my cut from the win. What would would I need a ridiculous amount of money for? Someone will share the ticket with me, and get their face on the news.
If they can't love me when I am poor, what makes you think that they will love me when are rich?
I love what Sugar said.....if i wanted someone to use me for my money, I too would have stayed with the EX!
 kpsuper
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/11/2008 1:14:23 PM
Ok, rather than start a new thread, I have a part 2 to this question. At what point in time do you display your wealth? How do you strike the balance between showing you are doing well versus showing off? On one hand, we all don't want someone to be interested in them for their wealth alone, but it would seem awkward to downplay who they are as well. So say someone is extremely wealthy and has expensive clothing, multiple cars and homes. If they were to meet someone, should they dress down, put away the fancy watch, drive their most toned down car and invite them to their least nicest home? In other words, play themselves down and almost "act" poorer than they really are? On the other hand, if they just are themselves and the other person sees how wealthy they are, then how would they know that they aren't only seeing the person's money? I suppose it is a good dilemma to have, but it is in fact a very real dilemma.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > Would you tell people if you were very wealthy?