Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Misrepresentation      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharleneAnn
Msg: 6
view profile
History
MisrepresentationPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I also have dated a man here who looked like a model (actually had professional head shots)... he was very real....we were looking for something different.. Me.. love.. him a brain.
 lindy_3333
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Misrepresentation
Posted: 3/22/2007 9:02:06 PM
I have meet one person from a dating site that was "model" type material. He wasn't a model and he looked just like his photo in real. Not all are fakes. Matter of fact, I would say most are not.

I HAVE met one guy who gave an old photo, but had actually gained like 200 pounds since he took the photo.

One other guy gave a pic that was at least 15 - 20 years old.

For the vast majority I have met with pics, they looked like the pics and/or cams.

I update my own photos every few months. I also have a cam to prove who I am and what I do look like, since I do look a lot younger than most my age. I like to see a cam shot if I can from anyone I would want to meet, but many do not have cams, even though they aren't that expensive.

I don't see the point of faking out someone and then meeting.. You do notice things like 200 extra pounds or the now thinning/bald grey head...lol Seems a very silly and deceitful thing to do. Not a good way to start a new relationship, and for the most part, would make it come to a fast halt!!

Happy fishing everyone!

Linda
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 28
Misrepresentation
Posted: 3/23/2007 5:46:14 PM
I tell people I'm working on my "before" pic hehe.

am now just starting work on my "after" picture

Stay tuned.

heh
 bucsgirl
Msg: 29
Misrepresentation
Posted: 3/23/2007 5:53:01 PM
I had a guy write that had a pic of Andre Aggassi posted actually TWO!
I played along, wrote back and said anyone tell you you look a lot like Andre Aggassi? Wrote back, yeah there's a resemblance...second email busted him! For goodness sake, the pic had "Wimbledon 2004" in the margin....SIGH not even a good fake.
 chuchurillo
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Misrepresentation
Posted: 3/23/2007 8:02:04 PM
I've had both sides of the coin. But one thing I will say, on this site at least, I haven't come accross the profiles from africa, that have ripped pictures out of a cattalog that you can recognise, (script, paticular products).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Misrepresentation