Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you date a woman that is pregnant?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 5
Would you date a woman that is pregnant?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I think it'd be ridiculous for a woman who is pregnant to expect to find a *new* guy to seriously date (with the exception of her being a high-level model, rich, and/or famous). I think the limited dating options for a woman who is pregnant would be guys that she has known for a long while... him knowing great qualities about her and them being a great match, etc. But even that would be rare, depending on many months along she is.

It's hard enough for single parents to meet someone new for an established relationship when their child is 1-4 years old... let alone being pregnant and the guy knowing that he would have to tackle responsibilities in the future before even getting to know her (and while she's pregnant).

Random hookups or 'friends with benefits'? Possibilities, depending on what kind of guys she'd settle for on that! But then again, she wouldn't be really 'dating' them.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 13
Would you date a woman that is pregnant?
Posted: 3/24/2007 2:44:55 AM
I can't imagine being single and pregnant and even wanting to date.

yes you might feel lonely/alone etc but to me it wouldn't be fair for the other person to enter a situation like this , unless it's very clear where everything stands (ie - biological father, relationship ,circumstance etc) and usually , with these types of situations it's far from clear.
 twodugs
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/24/2007 4:44:35 AM
Hell yes... I think women are so sexy at 7, 8, 9 mths.
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/24/2007 6:28:29 AM
only if the woman was carrying 'MY' future son or daughter, otherwise no way.
 dogwood
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/24/2007 8:44:00 AM
A. You know she puts out.

B. You know it's not yours.

So, where's the problem?
 wesjokerg
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2007 10:15:35 AM
yes I would depending on if she was single and if the father didnt want nothing to do with her or the child .I dont beleive any pregnant woman or child should ever be denied love and happiness.If that child did not have a child I would be more thyen willing to be the childs father.
 crystalise
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/25/2007 6:47:11 PM

Turned out to be neither........it seems he was a religious fanatic and throughout the entire movie he either showed me quotes from the bible or preached at me about how the baby needs a father.....

YIKESSS
 derailed
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/26/2007 10:21:29 AM
So, what are you saying?That every woman who is pregnant should just give up the hope that there might be a man for them out there?I don't know why there are so many woman that think men Only bring stress to their lives,there are so many that are really willing to be a gentleman lover AND father even if it's not their own.So quit the man bashing and use your head.
 dogwood
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/26/2007 4:32:56 PM
Difference between a pregnant woman and a light bulb?

You can always unscrew the light.
 Hübert Cumberdale
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 8:27:08 PM
Would this woman actually have to BE pregnant, or can she just look pregnant? Because I have to tell you, I've dated a few that looked pregnant... well actually that last part was a lie.
 that sam i am
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/26/2007 9:22:54 PM
Hubert Cumberdale, you taste like soot and poo!
 midnightangel0
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/5/2007 11:28:17 PM
Yes I would date a pregnant woman. I want to find a "cool chick" with a good sence of humor. If that person happens to be pregnant, fine with me.
 mithsa025
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/6/2007 6:18:20 AM
Just had to add my two cents...While pregnancy was many years ago-I remember feeling incredibly sexy and had a very high sex drive. I also remember men being very attracted to me. Now the question is ...was it because of the actual pregnancy or was it because I felt sexy and that attracted others? And for inquiring minds-I didn't date-I was in love with a creep and thought loyalty would get me somewhere. In the end-I raised two great young men by myself and am so proud of who they are. There is a deep sadness with me forever that my pregnancies were alone and not shared with someone who marveled at the entire process, but that is another forum:):)
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/8/2007 1:14:03 AM
To answer the thread title , yes I would....if I were the dad lol.
 69aries
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/8/2007 3:41:39 AM
part #1.
many years ago, i got a call from a friend, who i had no inclination of forming a relationship with, recently moved over east, to melb.
on the phone,sobbing, she said that she was pregnant and didnt know who the father was, she had no family, no friends, and if i could fly 3000kms to help her for the next 6months!
being the empathetic person i am, ( or pathetic), i said yes.

to cut a lonnnng story short, i held her hand, mentally/physically and monetarily,so to speak, for almost 6months...birth and all!!!
two weeks after the birth, she came to me and said, " you'd better go now, ive got some friends coming down from sydney and they might get the wrong idea if youre still here"...
mind blowing...
 that sam i am
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/11/2008 11:05:36 AM
LovePreg, you just made your profile up just to say this.
ewww who'd wanna date a bloated preggo blimp? If you knocked her up, I guess you're obliged to stay but to choose one out of the billions of women out there? I don't think so.
 Vannili
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 6:42:32 PM
If I am a man with a common sense I wouldn't date a pregnant woman, suppose something happened and she have a miscarriage or her time is up and her water bag is broke on our date ? In the first place I have to know why she has to date other men when she is pregnant there is something not right in her....
 JimmyJam
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/17/2008 3:39:41 AM
i have a good friend, who had her babys dad leave when she was 3 months pregnant. i started hanging out with her even more because she was so sad. it was uplifting for both of us. all of our friends thought we were dating. i went with her to the doc's, le mase (spell check, lol) i was even there when she gave birth, lol. to this day im called the surrogate dad!
 starfly
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/9/2011 11:58:17 PM
when you face a pregnancy, having the support of family, friends or a husband or a boyfriend is really important. If a woman doesn't have that she will probably still be looking for it. I understand both sides. I'm currently 4 months pregnant, and am single. I would LOVE if this would have happened after I was married, but i wasn't that lucky. The father, is not in the picture. So even tho I'm not looking. If someone came into my life who didn't mind and fit right in, that would be fantastic!
 CumberlandIsTheBestLand
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/10/2011 1:45:58 AM
Sure. When I get the job I'm after.
 palmer f
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2011 6:49:11 AM
More than likely I wouldn't. Unless it was a truly unique set of circumstances would I even consider it. The whole situation screams of a lot of instability in her life and that is more than likely would be the death nail for that relationship before it even got started.

My thought would be how badly of choice did she make in a guy that she's already looking to date someone while she's caring his child. I would also think that she is so afraid of being with out a man that she would choose the first man that would accept her and her pregnancy.

It seems to me that the main type of man she would attract would be those some of those creepy guys that have a fetish for sleeping with pregnant women.
 jcmaine
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/10/2011 9:14:34 AM
no. not only will i possibly have to deal with someone elses kid one day, but i'd have to deal with all the crap that goes along with a pregnancy.
 ntrlgrl9
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/10/2011 10:27:39 AM
You have to be a wonderful person! Good luck to you!
 jcmaine
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/10/2011 10:28:44 AM
but its not about being wonderful. how is a person wonderful for not caring about something?
 home_osorio
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/10/2011 10:53:54 AM
no. because i am a girl myself.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you date a woman that is pregnant?