Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Attractiveness scale.....(what do you think??)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 starfish4u
Msg: 1
Attractiveness scale.....(what do you think??)Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Ok first of all, i dont mean to offend anyone on here, so if youre easily offended by blunt honestly, id suggest you click the back button right now, cuz this shit right here is bound to reap a whole through your soul.

With that being said: here are a few abbreviations i'll be using:

HB: HOTBABE
DJ:Don Juan
HB9: hotBabe whos considered a 9 on the attractive scale
AJ: Average Joe

Ok so heres the deal, i believe if youre considered to be an AJ (A5) in the looks department don't even bother trying to get a number (or a reply) from that HB9 that wont even give you a look because you are going to get rejected misserabily......

If you are a 5 in the looks department, go for people in the 5-6 range

If you are a 7 go for girls in the 7-8 range and maybe if your lucky you can land a 9 but, youd need mad game to pull it off though,and some cash to boot

I believe most men on here overrate their looks,due to having an overly inflated egos... thats the reason you see so many guys getting rejected and cruying about it on the heart breakers section of the site....well maybe you should stop going for women that are out of your league???

Generally speaking, i believe women who are in the 6-7 range get hit on the most because most men assume they can get her... these types of girls get hit on a lot by AJ.....But most girls in that range only gotta wear a lil mascara, and they'll rise up to maybe HB7-7.8, placing them on a much higher league than AJ

The HB8.5 + will generally just have her own little crowd of AJ guys following her around but they get no action what so ever. These type of women can pick from the cream of the crop and trust me, they almost always only go for the best. They want the DJ guy who is atleast 6ft tall and has naturally good looks with a healthy body and the guy also needs to have some good clothes aswell....So she tends to use AJ as tools to get whatever she wants for doing absolutely nothing...while lookin for an DJ

The HB8.5+ also will primarily date DJ guys who are so into themselves that they have the guts to walk up to her and ask her out.....they may not even care about her as a person but she doesnt care about that, while you'll see the AJ guys wanting to do nothing more than to love this HB9 girl, and buy her presents...

The HB3-4 will go for the guy who may not be in the best of shape, lacks game, not the best looking, not so great clothes and is a AJ so she is basically getting the guys who women would consider in the 3-4 range, basically their male counterpart.

I have seen photos of the men on here and most of the guys on here I think could easily land 6-7 girls but unless you got the skills don't ever expect to land any real HB9 any time soon......even online

I'm getting to the blunt truth here but yes there is always an exception to this so I dont wanna hear how you've seen some fat bloke with a beer belly walking hand in hand with a HB9 because thats just a rarity...

This is hard for most guys to digest because they know these HB9's are out of their leauges , so they can only dream and they dont want their dreams to be crushed of landing that super model.....You'll notice that most HB8.5+ on this site have like 400+ on the favourites, and i can bet my black ass that most of them are AJ.......what exactly do they think by adding her to their favourites??.....come on, none of them have a chance

So to wrap it up, if youre an AJ guy who rates 5 in the looks department, you shouldnt even look at a HB9, just ignore her cuz thats what she's gonna do to you. Go for girls in your looks range cuz they are the only people who'll accept you.

prolibertate
Msg: 2
Attractiveness scale.....(what do you think??)
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:00:32 PM
OP, have to disagree with your whole post...everyone has their own idea of what's attractive to them and what isn't. Besides, some of the most intelligent, interesting people I've met wouldn't have attracted me from across the room with their looks. Just think of all I'd have missed if I'd have only gone for people I find physically attractive. As far as pictures on here go, some people simply don't take a good picture and will be much better looking in person; again, look what one might miss if they only go for the physical aspect. Why wade in the 'shallow' end when the deep end contains so much more?
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:05:54 PM

I think you spent a LOT of time for nothing.
 The Chosen One
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:10:11 PM
This guy is the prophet!! He speaks the truth.

Be prepared for a lot of rejection if you are trying to date "out of your league". Why not focus your time and effort on someone more attainable.

I'm sure there are those women out there who will complain that they can't get a date because they are too good looking. That's BS and everyone knows it. Guys will always bend over backwards for your attention...that's what you do to us! Some girls will use this to their advantage and why not! ...that's why the sugar daddy is becoming such a fixture. You've seen this guy... wig, fancy suit, pot belly, VIP, bottle service, hot girls. You never see a poor old guy shag a hot young woman :) So unless you have the looks or the cash you're out of luck.
 curlygrl
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:18:53 PM

this is your personal scale - I suggest you buy some weed -
weigh that on this scale - and sell it and at least make some money-
 justforumsplease
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:23:06 PM
If your junk is big enough, who needs money?

I certainly don't...

browneyesboo
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:33:06 PM
well since we all know looks count for something
(see numerous threads and forums regarding looks)
i think this could be true
i got lost on all the letters and numbers though
i just think attractiveness is important to many and they look for it in others.
i could be wrong
(but i doubt it)
 prolibertate
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:33:58 PM

Be prepared for a lot of rejection if you are trying to date "out of your league". Why not focus your time and effort on someone more attainable.

I'm sure there are those women out there who will complain that they can't get a date because they are too good looking. That's BS and everyone knows it. Guys will always bend over backwards for your attention...that's what you do to us! Some girls will use this to their advantage and why not! ...that's why the sugar daddy is becoming such a fixture. You've seen this guy... wig, fancy suit, pot belly, VIP, bottle service, hot girls. You never see a poor old guy shag a hot young woman :) So unless you have the looks or the cash you're out of luck.

So speaks a guy with no picture, lol. Tell me, what does one consider to be out of their league? I consider myself to be good enough for anyone, just as I consider the majority of other people to be good enough for anyone (we'll leave the serial killers, rapists, pedophiles, etc. out of that equation, eh?)

I've never thought I was anything that special in the looks department, especially since I have nothing to do with the looks i'm born with; but I've been told by a number of men *and* women (not ones hitting on me either) that I'm very pretty...so I guess it's safe to say that some people find me attractive...but guess what? I don't get asked out much at all, and generally not by anyone I'd want to go out with (sorry, I don't do very young guys, goofballs, nor ones old enough to be my father, and that's pretty much the ones who ask). I've been told I intimidate men; that maybe they can't handle an intelligent, attractive woman. If that's the case, then they're not the ones I'd want anyway. And if *I* bend over backwards any farther for the men I've dated, I'd be kissing my heels...yet I can't point to one occurrence of them even tipping their heads backwards on my account. Maybe I should learn to be more of a b*tch; seems those types get the guys to do anything for them...but then, that's not me so I doubt I could do it. It shouldn't be that hard to find someone who accepts you for who you *are*, and who you accept for who *they* are.

As far as sugar daddys go, what planet are you living on? Who would want to have to be at the beck and call of anyone, regardless of how much money they had? Not me. Slavery is a bad thing, regardless of how someone tries ot dress it up. But I will say that my father's second wife was 27 years younger than he was, my father didn't have money...and she sure didn't seem to mind. Maybe the fact that he looked like Clint Eastwood and, even more important, he was a gentleman had something to do with it, eh? BTW, he was in his mid-fifties when he married her; she was in her late 20s...so yeah, you could say he was shagging a hot young woman ;)
 DLMaximus
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:38:04 PM
Has any one noticed that the creator of this post, the one who is shallow enough to write something that ridiculous....has no pic......just saying!!!
 The Chosen One
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:51:10 PM
Give your head a shake!! If you think we are living in a world where romance and love is all that matters, than you're dead wrong!!! Get out of your basement and look around... the reality of the situation is that LOOKS MATTER!! Anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. If you don't have the looks then the money helps...thats the reality of the world we live in now. Maybe thats why the divorce rate is so high or so many people choose to remain single!!! I don't agree with it but that's how things have evolved.

IN GENERAL, good looking people get asked out more than others! Can anyone in their right mind debate this??
 The Chosen One
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:55:36 PM
"So speaks a guy with no picture, lol. Tell me, what does one consider to be out of their league?"

LOL...trust me Proliberate...I'm out of your league.
 DLMaximus
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:18:14 PM

For you to write something like that just shows me that your "balls" are much bigger than your brain, YOU SELF CENTERED EGOMANIAC!!!!
 The Chosen One
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:28:33 PM
You're only half right Titan...my balls are big...just wondering how you would know that?

With a name like Titan4u1 ...wouldn't that make you a bit of a hypocrite calling others Self Centred?

DLMaximus
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:42:37 PM
"With a name like Titan4u1 ...wouldn't that make you a bit of a hypocrite calling others Self Centred?"

First of all, The "Tennessee Titans" are the reason for Titan4u1....Dumbass!!!
Secondly, the "bigger balls than brain" statement was a figure of speech. Now I know that I must be talking with some teenage punk that still lives with mom and dad....Get over yourself....The only league your out of is the "Big League"....Grow up!!!
 DLMaximus
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 3:16:50 PM
"Like it is said good looks will get you in the door. Average looks will get it slammed shut in your face"

Only by the ones that are too "SHALLOW" to take the time to get to know someone on the inside!!!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/28/2007 3:27:07 PM
Starfish (OP),
Despite how much you've written, I have to say that your overall viewpoint is too simplistic, even though it's about looks.

Some guys can be an 8, but be shorter, so to some women he is an 8, to others he's a 4-5 due to the height, and to many women they'll have conflicting desires about it.

Another factor is style & 'swagger'. You can judge what 'demographic' *some* people are in by observing them for a very short period of time. The way they carry themselves and their style of clothing, etc. You could classify this as 'type'. If you are of a distinct 'type', and you notice a woman who is of the same type, which does not happen that often, she could by raw-looks alone above your league but that shouldn't make you hesitate whatsoever.

You point out the obvious when it comes to some fat laz-looking guy with a beer belly going up to a stylish woman who's a 7+... or even a decent looking guy who's under 5'9" going up to a woman who's 5'11" and wearing heels at the same time.

At the same time, when it comes to an average Joe (5/10), he shouldn't be suprised that 1 out of 10 times, a woman who's 7-9 will find a good amount of appeal in him. Usually it takes such a woman time to warm up to him (and him having a personality that clicks with hers)... if it happens instantaneously, either he reminds her of an ex that she dated for a long time or she's got a lot of baggage and needs a guy who she feels won't hurt her feelings (or that she can walk over).

All in all, an awesome lookin dude can get a hot girl's interest in no time flat many times... the average dude needs game strategy, time, and not to waste his time expecting to snatch a non-wasted-relatively-intelligent hot women right after meeting her. If he's looking for a quick-fix, he his time and ego is better spent to go for a girl of his attraction level, yes.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/28/2007 3:42:25 PM
All this talk of scales and demographics and formulae is making my brain hurt...

Step 1: She is attractive, so you talk.
Step 2: You date for a few months and fall madly in love
Step 3: Marriage, kids, old age and death.
Step 4: reincarnate, then repeat Step 1...

Quit trying to quantify it and just roll with what comes!
 DavidBryan
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/28/2007 6:02:06 PM
I don't know how to comment on this one.....

I'm apparently a pretty ugly guy judging by the amount of mail that I get, LOL.

Signed,
DavidBryan "Another Un-Hot Guy On POF".

prolibertate
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/29/2007 12:29:20 PM

Give your head a shake!! If you think we are living in a world where romance and love is all that matters, than you're dead wrong!!! Get out of your basement and look around... the reality of the situation is that LOOKS MATTER!! Anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. If you don't have the looks then the money helps...thats the reality of the world we live in now. Maybe thats why the divorce rate is so high or so many people choose to remain single!!! I don't agree with it but that's how things have evolved.

IN GENERAL, good looking people get asked out more than others! Can anyone in their right mind debate this??

Maybe in your opinion, not in mine. I've dated people who didn't look good to others, but did to me; I've dated people that I and other thought were gorgeous, while other people said his looks didn't do a thing for them. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it's one's inner beauty that makes them attractive on their outside to me.

You're out of my league? lol...honey, you're way too young, I doubt you're in a league yet that's worth much consideration (maybe thats' why you didn;t put your picture up?) Besides, I like mature, intelligent men; not boys...though if I had one of your immature rating scales, you wouldn't even make it on there.

The OP is right on the money. Women in general today do not want any Average Joes because they all want something to be sexually and physically attracted to. If the guy's personality stinks, she will try to change that. It is no secret that looks matter alot now to women and Average Joes stand no chance of landing alot of dates no matter if he has the confidence or not.

I guess the guys who are AJ's who contact, and date, really hot women must not think the same way you do...seems these guys want someone they're sexually and physically attracted to also. Imagine that...As far as personality goes, I don't care how good looking someone is, if their personality stinks, their looks aren't going to keep me around. What turns me off someone the most is when they whine about being 'such a nice guy but no one will give them a chance'...if they're really that nice, they wouldn't have anything to whine about. There's too many women out there looking for a nice guy.

Remember, even if a woman is say a heavy set or big woman, if she dates a hot guy, she will no way give a chance to an average looking guy. Because she got the cream of the crop once, so she will want it again.

Having the cream of the crop once and finding out there's nothing behind their looks is enough to make anyone realize that looks don't matter. and once you've found it out, that's when it's easy to look past the facade.

See men know, or should know what is attianable and what is unattainable. When you got the confidence that you know you look good and women know you do, you have no problem. Remember, good looks for guys gets them in the door where as average looks makes it harder to impress.

Impress? Who needs that? Simply being oneself is what gets people in the door...playing games by trying to impress someone won't get anyone very far. yet it seems that too many people still don't understand that if they want a partner who loves them for who they are, they need to *be* who they are right from the beginning. As far as knowing what's attainable, nothing should be unattainable...thinking something/someone is only sets one up for lowering their own self-esteem and confidence...which doesn't help one to be who they are. Sounds to me like you've either had some experiences that have made you bitter (which means you need to look to yourself to see what mistakes *you* may have made), or else they've made you pretty cynical about people.

Men judge women on looks and approach who they think is attractive, women judge guys on looks and prestige most times to decide if he is good enough. Substance is just an added bonus these days it seems but not a requirement. CVhemistry is based on attractiveness be it sexual or physical. Attraction is not based on personality nor is chemistry.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't paint us all with the same brush. I'll take substance over looks any and every day; chemistry for me is based on one's intelligence, humor, confidence - that's what makes them *look* good to me. If I want something that looks *pretty* I'll buy a painting; I prefer a man who can actually hold an intelligent, witty conversation over a pretty face who has less to say than a painting of one does.
 The Chosen One
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/29/2007 2:20:40 PM
Proliberate...you sound like a bitter woman!!! You cut up everyone for having an opinion and then you give examples based on an unrealistic ideal. Fine...looks aren't as important to YOU...give yourself a cookie and a pat on the back.

If two women are asking for directions and one of them is smoking hot and the other is a dog...who do you think will find their way first? Jeez, some chump would probably carry the hot one on their back to where she wants to go!! I see it everyday working at a bank...the hot employees rarely get yelled at by customers or the boss while the not so hot employees get an earfull from every angry customer. Coincidence??? please. Looks matter in many facets of life...not just dating.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/29/2007 8:47:24 PM

so I must live in a different world than you, because I see tons of men and women trying to impress the other with their style of clothing, their cars, their jobs, their sense of humour, you name it. First impressions as they say count the most. And when you first meet/talk to someone it is that impression that you want to be a good one....Ok so people do take substance over looks...BUT looks is what is the bait. Plain and simple. Why do you buy those boots? Because you like how they look, you seen them on someone else and said "Hey she looks good in those" and so you go and buy them.

...As shallow as that sounds, you speak the truth. No matter what anyone says, its the looks that make you want to walk up to someone and start a coversation, its the bait its what pulls you in. Your average Joe/Jane may possess all the "good qualities" that we are all looking for but they rarely given the chance cause we tend to look at the prettier packages first. Unfortunately, we pass up opportunities to get to know some really great people because we are so consumed with physical beauty.

...maeflowers
 LordofArachnids
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/29/2007 8:56:03 PM
simply put, you have no clue what you are talking about, i think you need to worry more about finding yourself some good hobbies
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/29/2007 10:32:23 PM
~OP~ Since we seem to be of like-minds, let me add my terminology to yours. We could market this stuff. We'll add my definitions to your rating scale and totally screw internet meeting/dating, simply because no one has a clue WTF we are talking about.

I was thinking that there should be an alternative to the usual labels we use in the world of dating. Since this is online, maybe we need a set of labels just for online "relationship." Please feel free to add or alter.

Terminology:
EI = Electronically interested (new interest cyber interest)

EB = Electronic Boyfriend (the blissful stage when the "relationship" is taken to the next level, IM or phone and you just know he's/she is the future parent of your children.)
EG = Electronic Girlfriend (same as above)

CSM = Cyber Soulmate (what else could it be? of course it's soulmates ~ 20 hours of IMing can't be wrong.)

CFB = Chat Friend w/Benefits (cyber sex compatible)
CONS = Cyber One Night Stand (Usually attached to the infamous online players)

EA = Electronic Affair (cheating on EB/EG with CH ***cyber-hussy***)

CHB = Cyber heart break (what happens when one party finds out the other party is MRL **married in real life", involved in CFB, or has particpated in CONS)

ES = Electronically separated (not yet officially broken up, usually happens once a CFB or CONS is verified, can be signified by a deleted/blocked email.)
EBU = Electonicall broken up (usually follows an ES leaving one party CHB)

CS = Cyber Space (what some need to get over the ES or EBU, also used when the EB or EG is feeling cyber-smothered)

Logical next step:

EBTRL = Electronic boyfriend turned real life (these are rare and are often denied to other EBs or EGs)**
EGTRL = Electronic girlfriend turned real life (these are rare also, but are easy to find when it happens. Usually profile has newly plastered pics of EBTRL all over profile. Including disclaimers of true love found)**
**Not gender specific, either definition goes with either designation.

~OT~ As for me, I'm EGTRL with a EBRTL, he rates 9.3 and I'll give me an 6. Simply because he's much more handsome than I am and he would never cause me CHB due to a CONS. That gets extra points.

LMAO ~ too funny OP....we are a world of labels, stats and silly rating systems. I'm right there with you ~ time to learn a new language it appears: cyber-speak.
 sddude
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/30/2007 12:23:09 AM
mmm all the close to middle age women will hate me , yes I concur with the op , alot of women do not know what goes on in a guy's conversations and in our culture of men .

We do rate women , short guys like me are not above a 5 unless money and special atributes such as muscles are added , even if the personality like mine is awesome
... same , the women here all disagree with the op wholeheartly , , the op is not saying that is what everyone is supposed to think , it is his observation as a man , other men may disagree but if this was aguy fgorum with no women shooting balls of fire , it would be mostly and agreeing session , I work with hundreds of sailors young and old , I bring my model friend along , everyone gets a woody , everyone measures her looks , wants her number etc..

Then I bring my other female friend she is okay but not hot , a little fat wirh a big nose
, guys do rate her and ask where is my other friend , the tall model .....

when I get home , both women living with me , I ask if they liked anyone at work , they look at eachother and giggle and want to know about the same type of guys , the tall muscular handsmoe gusy thatlook like movie stars and it moves on how big they got them since we may shower in the big gym room . I do not give them and answer , both always see me as a frind and never considered me much , why I am short and average looks .

they say I am the greatest nicest guy in the world and they trust me with everything , they say they love me and if the situation were different they would go for me , I know what they meant , if I was better looking and taller.

Yes I scale women too looks body parts and how awesome their personality is noticed outright.

my best friend is an 8 but she is getting fat , her cheeks are sagging , her gut is begining to drop bought her a gym membership she does not use. she is soon to be a 6 , I am still staying at my highest of a 5 unless I grow.

Yes I am shallow and ?
 starfish4u
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/30/2007 9:46:36 AM

The OPs post was a riot!
To start with after all that BS the OP doesn't even have a pic posted.
For everyone who feels that they are too good looking to settle for a average person. Just one comment, conceit is ugly.
What makes up a persons total attractiveness is 1 part looks and 9 parts personality.

You know what man, the sad truth of my past is that I always did end up with a girl that when I was with her ..I thought to myself "FUCCK what was I thinking?" and then when I was away from her I was like "omg I cant even concentrate I want to see her so bad, ahhh!" but this was the past and I'm not like that anymore.

And I know this sounds cruel but I have used women just for practice to get more confident and learn how things operate in the dating world so i could work my way up the ladder on this attrativeness scale.. to more beautiful women. The only bad thing is that when girls are not as good looking as I am they tend to get their heart broken because they know deep down inside I never truely cared about them but hey what can i say??.......women do this to men all the time anyways,,,,pain is a part of life and it's the best way you can learn in situations. Hell, even when I was a total geek with glasses in my first year of HS I had girls coming onto me and then I ended up asking them out a year later because I was too scared at first and then I get the "Uhhh NO!" when I asked for their numbers and I never even really got to know these girls and it hurt.

One thing I can say for sure is the only reason I have got to where I am today is from past painful experiences because if I never went through this stuff I would never even have the guts to look a girl in the eyes that I liked......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Attractiveness scale.....(what do you think??)