Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sundown32
Msg: 1
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Would you still be interested ? Or would that be a problem.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 2
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...
Posted: 4/22/2005 5:20:06 AM
Actually, I had that experience....It didn`t matter to me...he was a sweet guy...`It doesn`t matter what we did yesterday...it only matters what we do today`.....redneckgirl133
 eccentric
Msg: 3
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted felon?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:26:32 AM
@usanzac

how can compare a felon with someone with bad credit; that's little unfair isn't it.

People with bad credit are not criminals, nor should they be treated like criminals.

I hope that someday you fall on bad luck and you get to see how unfair the credit rating system is.
 eccentric
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/22/2005 7:05:59 AM
Some of us have done time in jail, because we won't take the easy way out.

I am epileptic, but I don't believe in synthetic medicine. So instead I smoke pot, which works wonderfully. I have done time in jail because I choose to hold to my values, rather then giving into political, social, and legal pressure.
 Africanmale
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/22/2005 8:12:35 AM
Nope. Watching my wallet is not fun.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:27:20 PM
Ashley1861

You need H.E.L.P. period!

So if you'r so called "friend" wouldn't have whisper'd it in, you'r ear
that he was ONCE in prison. you would just LEAVE/ look down on
him for being in prison?...

I think it would be NICE if all of us, had to live THE OTHER person's
life walk in their shoe's for 1 year.

That would really make US be thankful that, we didn't ACTURLY
get treated the way the other person does/did in their life.
For their background/past life.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:36:57 PM
Who said THAT an sex offender is always's, a guy who raped children SEX OFFENDER does not, mean an rapiest of a child molester.

Talking about JUDGEING before, read the cover of a "BOOK".
What if somebody went around all day/night judgeing
yall for yall's past/background?.

You would get TIRED of hearing people bad mouthing, you
and talking shit behind you'r back to.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:43:43 PM
What do you mean what am i trying to say.?

I'm sorry if i confused you but i'm just tired of seeing
people JUDGEING other's, on the fourm's about their
realtionship's or their live's or their past's.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:52:52 PM
c3sparling

would you like to talk on aim instead haveing post what
you need to say on here, for ALL these "rude" people
to read?.
 raverdad
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:02:44 PM

I wouldn't be able to date someone who was convicted of a felony. Definite deal breaker for me.

let him/her who has never committed a felony throw the foirst stone.

Many things can be felonies but they are moments in time not a reason for a blanket judgment.

Is a 1 time drug offender doomed to be judged for thier past?

How about some oen who as a teen was driving to fast and had a crash that killed some one?

Someone as a kid who broke into some place and got caught but has never re-offended?

A doctor busted by the feds for giving his cancer patients a prescription for medical marijuana?

I think motive, crime and circumstance are more important than the conviction itself.
 Synical
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:07:09 PM
It would definately depend on what the crime was ... wide range of possibilities there.

Example ... I have a criminal record. Yup, a dangerous person I am. A month after I left home, I walked into my fathers house while he was out and took all of my clothing and possessions.

I was convicted of break & enter and theft under 1000.

The charge itself sounds one way, until a person actually finds out the circumstances. So yes, the circumstances would have to dictate how I'd react.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 12
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted felon?
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:26:24 AM
How many guys/girls on here would talk to "us" if we WAS an convicted, felon?.

I bet NONE of us would but i belive you should KNOW the person
and their story, before you have the right to JUDGE them.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/21/2006 3:49:11 AM
I just had an WERID thought but do any of us, know
what all could be DONE for any of us to be "called".

An convicted fellon?.. alot of thing's acturly
i do not know the law, but i know there is
more crime's than just dealing with rape/childmolestation/killing/steeling.

Maybe we should all (includeing ME look up what, an "convicted fellon means).
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:21:17 AM
I too would have to say it depended on what he/she did. Parking tickets...yes..rape..no. Broken.....i think it was unfair of you to go off on ashley because of her reply. Rape is a serious offense and she should be thankful she had a friend with her to tell her this guy had just gotten out of prison for rape. What if no one did and she was hurt herself? She was not judging him...she was protecting herself....
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:18:53 AM
i did not mean for it to sound like i was going off on her she has every right to protect herself or anybody else she know's, if the guy/whoever was in prision for being an convicted fellon for rapeing women/kids/killing somebody.

and i am sorry to you all "ashley" if my words made you upset or sent the wrong,
message to anybody but i dont think any guy should get away with "rape"ing somebody.

i mean it should really depend on the guy/girl's reason behind being an convicted fellon and what they REALLY served time, in jail/prison for i am terribly sorry "ash" and everybody else.

Broken_Soul
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:41:42 AM
I was just trying say that there is more reason's why somebody become's an convicted fellon it's not always because of rape or haveing sex with under age people alot of people can become convicted fellon's over, stuff smaller than sex and over stuff more bigger than sex.

We should all know the reason behind somebody becomming or haveing an record for being an convicted fellon and hear it from THEIR mouth's before we hear it from somebody else's or before we start to judge, them because what if what we hear MIGHT not be the whole reason or the truth behind the guy/girl being an convicted fellon.

Just wanted to add one more thing and i am not bashing anybody on here but sweetnsexiegurl not all convicts who get out go and repeat the same mistake's
and not all, are like the rest of them.

Just because we may have seen/heard that once they are in prision or become an ex convict that they NEVER change or never will try to change, does not mean that every single convict is like that.

There are some people who are ex con's and they have changed for the better not all of them go back and repeat same "fellons" as they did in the start some of them do acturly learn from their, mistake's and know better than to go back and do the same mistakes over and over.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:51:58 AM
Sienna_leigh

IT's "CLEARLY" you did not read when i just told her i was SORRY and it gets a little old for YOU alway's butting you'r two cents into what MY opions ARE you need to learn how to quit butting in, to what i say or how i think or feel about thing's i guess you can not take the HINT.

next TIME if you have anything to say about me or towards me DO IT IN THE EMAIL section
i do not know how many time's i have asked you "politely" to not, say anything to me in the fourm's.

I have emailed you and asked you politely to not do that and i did it in the email because i do not wan't this or any other thread to become just one big, chat session for people.

So please have a little respect and NEXT time EMAIL me and tell me what it is you have to say to me and i said i was SORRY to her for what has/did happend, to anybody she know's.

Take Care!

~Broken_Soul~
 Patchesdf
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:02:44 AM
There's a warrant for my arrest in Berlin.

I drew some T-shirts for a political activist who lives in London and he sells them across sourthern England and parts of the Netherlands. He received a cease and dissist order at his distributor in Berlin and warned me that the officials know I'm the artist who drew his shirts (at least partly because I sign my work). I don't have much to worry about unless I actually fly to Berlin and announce my presence to the world.

I didn't know I could be a wanted felon for drawing poltical cartoons. Well, actually I did. It's kind of why I did it. I don't like being told what I can't draw.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:21:05 AM
patchesdf.... becareful don't want to make anybody mad on the fourm's because they take,
alot to "heart" even if its just jokeing/voiceing you'r opion/thought's.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:43:25 AM
Sienna_leigh..........

I'm just saying if you had ANYTHING to say to me or anything about me or what i'm in right now you should MAIL it to me because not ALL of us want our "private" life broadcast all over the fourm's and some people, do not like it when their fourm is being used for a chat session that is NOT talking about the "subject".

Now please let this be the last time we ever have to say anything to one another again please because i am off to an "thread" that make's better since then this, this was tittled "What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon".

And alot of people are convicted fellon's and that does NOT make them a bad person because there is alot more to being an convicted fellon than, just being labled one for rapeing women/kids/killing.

Now please do not say anything else to me i am gone off of this thread and i think if people did not wan't anybody to speak/voice their opions about an "convicted fellon", they should have never made an fourm tittle about one.
 Patchesdf
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:44:20 AM
It might not be what you think. The Muslim issue is just a bandwagon thing that's too easy to jump on and I don't like jumping on bandwagons. We were highliting a couple of corruption issues, bigotry, and innaction we were parodying of several political players with heavy religious ties across England, France, and Germany. I've been beating away at them for several years but only recently did the German government decide to start pressing criminal charges. I guess because they want to give the impression it's a level playing field because they arrested people doing the same with Muslim images. (Maybe, I don't really know what inspired the recent crackdown. Political satire across Europe has always been hardcore compared to North America.)

The thing is if that's the standard they intend to uphold they'll have to arrest every poltical satirist across the whole of Europe. So I'm contributing to deliberately overload the media to make it an impossible law to enforce if everyone is breaking it. Bad laws should be broken, that's why I supported political dissidence with gay marraiges in America.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:55:11 AM
________________________________________my key's got jammed i am sorry.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:22:55 AM
pamelaluva.....

I think you said it better than i could have ever said it lol all i was trying to do was say how it was for me and other people who have known some "convicted fellons" and how it was for us when, we had known the person and became friend's and overlooked their background's.

Because i know quiet a few "fellons" who have made some wrong choice's in life and tooken the wrong road's before we have even met eachother and they have paid their deed's and some of them, that i know have not went back and made the same mistake that landed them as an "convicted fellon".

They have learned from their mistake's and has over come it and has not went back and done it again and still till this day they haven't made the same mistake "twice" because, they have comepletely turned their life around.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:35:11 AM
WorkingGirl

and that is your choice and everybody else's choice if they would ever date
a felon nobody has the right to tell you or any of us who, we should be dateing
or be with.

the way i look at it if you choose not to date a felon or somebody who has
a bad background, than it's all on you because we can not decide on who you
or anybody else date's.

people should not be told to date a certain race/type of person color nobody
has the right to tell us not to date a felon or an "ex convict", because it's
REALLY just up to YOU or WHOEVER it is who is with somebody who has a bad
past.

everybody is different and we all have different outlook's on life/love/past lives/past loves and nobody should be told how to act or what to do or who to, be with because it's none of our's bussiness what goes on between "two" souls.

good luck to you "WorkingGirl" seem's like you KNOW what you wan't and need out,
of life and that is a good thing to know.

Now im off to smoke one more ciggerate.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:45:25 AM
It's you'r life and you'r choice (not being rude ) and you should be able to do what you wan't and how you wan't, because i KNOW none of us here meant anything in a hateful/rude way but... It is getting late here.

I wish you ALL good luck on the fourm's and whatever may come into you'r live's as being a problem hope everybody has a safe and wonderful morning/night, its 10:42am and i need to head off and get some sleep my neck is killing me.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...