Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Intimidated by Tall Ladies?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thissme
Msg: 4
Intimidated by Tall Ladies?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
There's a current thread entitled "Do short guys stand a chance" which gives for good reading. I posted stating that as a guy who is only 5ft 8in I've dated women both shorter and taller than myself. In my experience it's mainly the tall women who have a problem dating men shorter than themselves. Check out the thread.
 AppleGeek
Msg: 10
Intimidated by Tall Ladies?
Posted: 4/1/2007 5:09:27 PM
I second eddies opinion.
 Ron9
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/1/2007 7:55:33 PM
ugg “intimidated” - why is is always “intimidated” vs not interested or not a match?

Most of the “Independent Women” run around asking if guys are intimidated when they should be asking if guys are SICK of being referred to as intimidated.

I would have no interest in a 400 pound female wrestler - that would not mean I was intimidated - it would mean she is not a potential match.

I am 6’2” and back up from people that are taller than I am. I just am not use to being up close to someone that is taller than I am. It is not INTIMIDATED - it is I am not use to it.

Here >>>>

intimidate |in'timi?dat| verb frighten or overawe (someone), esp. in order to make them do what one wants : he tries to intimidate his rivals [as adj. ] ( intimidating) | the intimidating defense lawyer.
 Jokster_79
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2007 4:04:46 AM
it's not a big deal. we'll both end up the same height on my bed, couch, kitchen table, computer des... er .... srry got carried away just a lil bit
 MDNinja
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/4/2007 7:31:26 PM
OP. maybe you just aren't attracted to shorter guys. Did you think of that?
 braedon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2007 7:39:41 PM
i LOVE tall ladies. I like nice, long and smooth legs and i like slender frames. I am fairly tall myself though (im 6'4") so i have a bit more luck with them i guess than a smaller lad would but hey - different strokes for different folks i say
 SthrnButtrfly
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 7:36:30 PM
I am 5'9 and half, profile won't let me post it...my nickname in school was froggy or tree cuz of my looooong legs....I myself love to date taller men as well as men who are shorter than me...problem I run across is those men who are shorter than me or same height feel intimidated if I wear high heels, to which I do so love to wear....one date complained cuz I wore my go go boots on our first meet and he was a half an inch shorter than me with them on.....go figure....men come in all shape and sizes, but I do agree with you OP that some are intimidated by us taller women.
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 10:17:39 PM
Tall women don't bother me as much as the thought that a tall woman wouldn't want to have anything to do with me, so I figure I shouldn't waste the energy. I definitely have a thing for the long legs and all, but in my experience, most taller women don't seem to be interested, which is totally their right.
 dino_freebird
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:45:36 AM
You should start with friendship anyways. I personally have never dated anyone above 5'10" (I'm 6'5"). Not that it is a prerequisite, just that I haven't met anyone your height. It would take a little adjustment on my part, but I could sacrifice.
 2findU
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:00:58 AM
I just love tall ladies. I would like to go out with a tall lady. All I find are short ones.
 phine_likker
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/4/2007 3:54:29 PM
No most definitely not!

I prefer taller women, up to 6'4" cool with me ( a few inches taller than I am .)

If guys are intimidated, are they the kind of guy you'd want to be with, anyway?

(that insecure?)
 phine_likker
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:17:34 PM
^^^

funny, mine was to have a 3' foot tall woman who JUST came up to about my waist level.. ;)

bonus would have been a flat head I could rest a beer bottle on while lying back & ..
 h0ldfast
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2007 12:21:47 PM
Men prefer tall women. However, it is a well known fact that women prefer to date someone taller then they are. Have you ever invited anyone on here who was shorter than you are on a date? Anyway, height is probably not your problem.
 hiker4
Msg: 39
Peaches?
Posted: 5/8/2007 3:51:08 PM
After reading a few posts I'll just add that I always loved that line

Love those peaches, baby
Let me climb your tree!

From a SRV tune.

Tall women can be uncomfortable with shorter men. Probably because it attracts attention.
At my age I could care less what other people think. I would hope the woman I am with has matured to that point also. I would like to see her in FMPs too!

hiker
 dpd22
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/8/2007 8:05:07 PM
I'm about 6 ft tall. The average height of a woman is 5' 4". Even most tall women are still shorter than me. The few women I know that are 6 ft or taller, I'm not attracted to them. It has nothing to do with their height.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2008 7:25:14 AM
Intimidated? only if she looks grouchy and is benchpressing her Volvo.

Tall woman+slow dance= Face meet breasts ...... on what planet is this considerred a bad thing?
You will find it is WOMEN that are more likely to have restrictions on dating by how tall someone is........ now that may work as a disadvantage for you since most guys know most women want a guy taller than herself. So if that isn't you mention it early on.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:59:19 AM
Not me. The best woman I ever heard from was tall, and it didn't seem to matter to her that I am short. We only ever contacted through letters, so maybe that was part of it, but I would have met her in a cold minute had the situation ever arose. The same goes for any tall woman who'd be interested in me.
 northeast25
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/19/2008 11:19:56 AM
I have seen this type of question often on POF. Are men imtimidated by tall women, strong women, smart women, successful women etc. IMO the majority of men do not care about height. However the majority of women ( at least on POF ) have height requirements.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Intimidated by Tall Ladies?