Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Have you found your love here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ck1time
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Have you found your love here?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I know, many have found great sex partners & love on here, but I wonder how many of us have found that special one here. The testimonials section gives us onesies & twosies, but
what happened with you, really? On for how long? How intense? Did you marry, did he/she marry your best friend? Or?
 ck1time
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Have you found your love here?
Posted: 4/2/2007 11:27:26 AM
Look at U guys! And I thought this was a loser thread, overdone or something.
Just shows to go ya, you can't really overkill Love (the theme).
2x, thanx for the tip. & Blue, you both rock. I'll e-mail U individually. North Port has
some happening people, no doubt. Next time I get lost there, I don't think I'll need my
AAA card or maps. A neighbor will show me the way. Very cool.
 taxman_61
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2007 6:12:20 PM
I have found a few friends on here but NOT THAT SPECIAL PERSON!
 taxman_61
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2007 9:31:05 AM
Hey Lookingforlove2ndx, thank you are adding me to your list. I will see you at First Friday in Mayat St. Pete.
 taxman_61
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2007 9:33:35 AM
theguy4u, the St. Pete party was moved up one week because of the St. Pete Grand Prix race going on that same weekend. There is no First Friday event in April because of this & the next date for First Friday in St. Pete is on May 4th!
 taxman_61
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:28:37 PM
Hey Bylle, See you in St. Pete too. I am going to be down in your area for Earth Day at WMS on April 14th. Hope to see you there as well!
 ck1time
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:28:01 AM
I'll shoot for that, 2nd x.
Thankful Good Friday & Happy Easter, everyone!
 Kababe312
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/6/2007 12:38:39 PM
I think I did!! Now he just has to let me know what he wants to do about it.
 taxman_61
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 12:34:48 PM
2nd x, I am looking forward to seeing you at these events as well, especially the fire walking & the steel drums. Do you know what time of day on the 14th that these events are going on? I went on the WMS website & they do not have a schedule timetable for Earth Day events listed.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:10:13 AM
loveluvlove wrote:

Why does someone put an UPDATE on their profile proclaiming to have found the last love in their life and still look at other women's profiles. Don't say it's curiosity. I feel that they are still on th prowl looking for something better. So, why bother to tell the world that you found the "one" and still be on the search. This is why I don't have much trust anymore. Does anyone feel like I do?

I agree that someone who has found their "one" has no need to look any further but just because they looked at your profile doesn't mean they have an interest in dating you. Maybe they read one of your posts and wanted to know more about the person who wrote it.

I host the POF Jazz Festival event here in Fort Lauderdale every month and I get browsed 100's of times. Every time I post a new announcement there's a spike in the number of people who view my profile. You know what? It doesn't mean diddly! They are probably just curious about who's hosting the event.

If you still must stick with your belief that all of these guys are still on the prowl then check out The Ladder Therory... that should REALLY depress you! LOL
 BeachloverIII
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:22:02 PM
I have found Plenty of Fish friends here and love them all.

The love just keeps growing.

Thank you ----Plenty of Fish

Hillaryhope
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:21:26 PM
Thats not uncommon. A lot of people date people and they are reluctant to take their profiles off dating sites. They will tell their partner -I am just talking to friends on the dating site. To me they are still fishing.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:54:00 PM
My cup has runneth over with the love I have found here. Plenty of Fish has bestowed a kings ransom of gifts upon me. I have found hope when I needed it most. I have found encouragement when I was disheartened. I found compassion and understanding when life had bumps in the road. I found a healthy avenue for self expression. I discovered the fascinating world of human nature, and continue to marvel how we can all be so diverse and so much the same at the same time. I have found courage and fortitude that I didnt know I had . I found laughter and shared my shoulders for others to cry upon. I have found acceptance and respect .I have found positivity in a world where sometimes its hard to trust. Yes there has been a pitfall or two , but they seem so insignificant as a whole. Oh yes I have also found a super hero, who simply gets me.. how cool is that?
 ck1time
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 8:19:44 PM
I know a close POF friend who had this woman he picked up in the field (outside online dating) move in w/him for about 5 months. It was her choice, she kept her $1K/mo apt, but he didn't refuse. For many months, my friend's clients & family figured that they were an item. She was his shadow, so to speak, although she always seemed independent to the world. He kept his POF profile up (though he did little w/it except answering a couple of long-term friend's e-mails). He was keeping His life because she was long-term (2 years) out-of-state separated. An official divorce hadn't yet started, & there were no kids in the picture. Though she was kind of possessive, she seemed to understand that He had a life before they met, & did not inquire or object. My friend was very cool about the calls she'd get from her ex & ex-Bfs. He'd step out of the room, or not ask at all.
My friend's live-in had to get back up north to save her prime resort property, but she kept calling Him, as her damaged marriage didn't resurrect with her return. Especially since her hubby had a part-time-GF. Last I heard is things between my friend's GF & her estranged spouse are stabilizing somewhat, and the drama between Him & her has been minimal.
So, back to the original point, for those that thought they found Their Love & didn't, you're not alone. But as a previous poster pointed out (Looking 2x), there are many success stories, & it does happen.
The point of this long story is that there are unique situations where having a monogamous relationship & an on-line-dating presence CAN co-exist. Although it's not for everyone, and probably not recommended as the norm.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 5:31:05 PM

Having a monogamous relationship & an on-line-dating presence CAN co-exist

I was in a monagamous live in relationship with a man who I loved with all that I am. While we were together I continued to communicate with friends through a on- line dating site like this and remained active in the forums. He was very much aware that I still logged into the site. He had the opportunity to meet some of these friends while we were together. He trusted me and it did not trouble him at all that this site was still a part of my social network. I did site in my profile that I was no longer single.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/24/2007 1:32:18 PM
I have been on POF for almost a year now and I find that my expectations have evolved from this being a dating site with potential into a social networking site with different potential.

Originally, one could read my profile and it was quite obvious that I was fishing and I received tons of emails but because my experiences in hosting events has allowed me to meet lots of people and to build friendships beyond dating, my perspective has changed. Now, my profile comes across differently and has virtually eliminated emails of a dating nature (which was my desire).

Like I said, I host the jazz festival event and I often browse the profiles of everyone who signs up just to get a feel for who may be attending and perhaps finding a topic of conversation it has nothing to do with my being interested in dating anyone.

I have encountered many, many people on here who started out looking for date and have instead found some very wonderful friendships and stay on here simply for those friendships. I see many profiles which say "I have found the love of my life." or "I'm not dating, don't ask!" etc. but these very people browse my profile all the time.

I guess, because I am one who is more interested in other aspects of this site, it is easier for me to see the "need" of others without automatically thinking they are two-timing slugs. Sure some are but there are just as many married people on here proclaiming to be single, just as many people who claim to be "average" in build when they are 40-50 lbs overweight and look nothing like their 15 year old pictures and just as many who claim to be "flight attendants, doctors, lawyers etc." who are none of those things. You can find bad everywhere. Personally, I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt until they proove otherwise... I find I can stay much happier this way.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/29/2008 2:30:58 PM
^^^^^ Go to the events in your area and if there are no events then take the lead and organize one. Just start meeting people and networking. Then you'll find that if you dont meet anyone you really wont care because you have too many good friends and a busy, full life!

Pete
P.S. If you need help organizing events, drop me an email as I have a two page email that will tell you exactly how to do it.
 egboy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:37:58 AM
I have been on this site for a year and other sites for 4 yrs one coest all most $3000.00 and for some reson nothing. I have had about 12 dates in 4 yrs. 3 or 4 dates that got to the 2nd date then no responce. I get the hint after I leve 2 voice mails with no responce. I have been told by most that I'm to nice??? I keep trying. I have found out that alot of women like to put old pic's on ther site and think that 30 to 50 lbs over waight is avrg. I do work very hard to look good and stay healthy. all my pic's are up to date. Ladys if you realy are looking if the guy asks to meet you go for it. If your one of those that have old pic's and lets say stretch the truth I understand why you don't want to meet. Starting off with a little lie isn't a good way to keep a guy.
 ck1time
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2009 5:45:02 AM

ck1.....see.........the LOVE of new friends
Well it's been 2 1/2 years since I asked this question & I wonder how some of us have done, where you are...at least it seems to be something we all think about a lot, from time to time. I really hope the majority of you prior posters have found That Love & moved WAY on...& those that did & bounced back into the pool are still Strong, and Richer for having given it your all...I remain impressed and amazed by "all" of us...see you around!
 straykat4u2keep
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 9:39:57 AM
CK1TIME,

Where do I begin? I have been on POF for 3 1/2 years. I met someone within the first 2 weeks. On our 2nd date he gave me his password & had me go into his account & delete his profile. I too deleted mine as I was new to the site & hadn't even gone on the forums or parties yet. I had no problem with doing that. It was his suggestion. I ended that relationship 6 months later. I got back on POF 2 months after our breakup which is when I attended my 1st POF party. What a freaking blast I had. I ended up becoming best friends with the host of that party & began co-hosting/hosting parties ever since.

I started dating someone new so I updated my profile to: "not single/not looking". His read: "single" the entire time we dated (4 months). While I was at his house he'd go on POF & say "I'm just answering emails". I then changed my profile to: "single". Oh boy, he wasn't happy about that but it was ok for HIS profile to say "single" when he wasn't. I left & decided not to date anyone while I was co-hosting/hosting but then.......

1 yr. later I met someone at one of the parties I was co-hosting & started a long distance relationship (never again!). 4 months later he tells me he had been cheating on me for the past month.....nice, real nice!!!

Again, 1 year later, I met someone just as a friend who became my boyfriend. 1 month later he tells me he is a Jehova Witness (I'm Catholic. Enough said). 2 months later he picked up and moved out of state. He only gave me 5 hours notice!!! What happened to honesty & communication???

3 weeks later I am happy to say I have finally found someone ( when I wasn't looking) all because my BFF convinced me to go to the sarasota POF party (4/25/09) so I can get over my ex (the Jehova Witness). I guess technically I should be thanking my ex for moving as it allowed me to meet the most wonderful man....lol! As the saying goes: " Things happen for a reason". My boyfriend; FLYNX1965 & I are currently house hunting and going on a cruise 9/7 to 9/11 to the Bahamas. He recently flew me to NYC to meet his family. Things couldn't be better. So in answer to your question CK1TIME, yes, I have finally found love on POF! Thanks POF!!!"

The not-so "STRAYKAT"
Posted: 9/2/2009 10:38:30 AM
I fall in love on POF at least once a day, but then their mother usually catches me.
 straykat4u2keep
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 12:20:13 PM
Beautiful story NAUGHTICAL. You are so right, sometimes we need to take that chance.

I vowed not to date outside of my area (Tampa) because I was the one that ALWAYS did all the traveling (an hour plus one way). I lived in Clermont at the time. It seemed that mostly men from tampa were contacting me. I decided no more, being a single mother of two, I couldn't afford it. The funny thing is that my boyfriend now; FLYNX1965 had looked at my profile awhile back and said he was interested but that I lived too far so he never contacted me. P.S. we ended up meeting by chance in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying at getting ready to attend the Sarasota POF party and the rest is history. Now we are house hunting. No more traveling 1 hr. 45 min. one way to see each other so never say never!

The not-so STRAYKAT
Posted: 9/2/2009 8:26:58 PM
Enjoy the journey and the destination will find YOU.
 Latina1056
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2009 9:59:09 AM
AHHH here is she "SUNSHINE" I must say that i have found the love of LIFE...

Living life to its fullest. I have met great friends and some who tried to be friends only to get into your friends circle... i have made wonderful friends, sistas, brothers and yes I have met some losers female and male... But so be it......

jjajjaaj i was even engaged and he still looked at profiles and spoke to other women always fishing... new years he puts his tongue in the wrong mouth... Best thing he ever did. thank God.... Hey but i started to party the whole year to forget him and I am so happy I have... i met another great guy and we had fun still are friends and he showed me allot.
Now i am getting to know another great guy met at a Old Town party and i was banned from Old Town long story and he saved the day for me.. And we are in the getting to know each other. hahhahah met others that made a date with 2 for the same day another loser what can I say and more the loser the woman that went on that date... hhahhahahahha.....
But I am living the LIFE!!!! Have great friends men and woman thanks to PLENTY OF FISH... and also the great parties and the great host....

DONOT give up hope.... love is in the AIR!!!!!
And Latina is at the parties having fun and enjoying LIFE. ALWAYS!!!!!!
Posted: 9/4/2009 11:43:42 AM
I have found the quality of the relationships I find is more about where I am than where THEY are. When I am in a "good" place and happy with ME, I attract good relationships and when I am in a "not so good" place or not so happy with ME, I attract "not so good" relationships. It really is "build it and they will come". JMHO
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Have you found your love here?