Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Genesis self titled 1983 album...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thatguy67
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Genesis self titled 1983 album...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Originally had this thing on vinyl when it first came out. "Mama," "That's All" and "Home By The Sea" are stand out songs. Still worth a listen.

toonsmith
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Genesis self titled 1983 album...
Posted: 4/10/2007 7:27:43 PM
Genesis albums were an adventure. Each one different. You just never knew what to expect.

Genesis - Duke
Genesis- Abacab

Even bits of Genesis - Then There Were Three ... has some gems on it.

Phil's first solo album Face Value were all high points creatively speaking.

I can remember feeling a little let down after listening to this album. Yes, Over the Rainbow, and Second Home By The Sea did rock.... but Illegal Alien?.......Yuck!

Too commercial. I wanted to throw up every time I saw the video. The best use of this album was on Miami Vice. McGenesis sold a lot of copies afterwards. But I like the older more adventureous Genesis.

I just read that they will be performing at the Live Earth benefit concert coming up.
Should be a big show.... McGenesis... supersized.

Time to warm up the old Genesis Jukebox Greatest Hits.

That's All
 ProgrockVentureman
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/16/2007 9:09:46 PM
I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT AFTER HEARING TONY BANKS FANCY HARD-ROCK CHORDING ON A SYNTHESIZER, THAT I SHOULD FORM A BAND THAT INSTEAD OF THE GUITAR POWER 5THS BEING DISTORTED, THERE SHOULD BE A SLIGHTLY DISTORTED SOUND OF THE MORE FANCIER PIPE ORGAN CHORDS.
 ihatephilcollins
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/21/2007 3:07:15 AM
I hate phil collins.
 Strange Days
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 7:43:58 AM
I think we need to stop comparing apples to oranges here... Bothe are great bands, I prefer Peter myself. Phil is a talented guy. Remember it was Phil choosen to fill the huge shoes of the mighty John Bonham at the first live aid. He thundered.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Genesis self titled 1983 album...