Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's Up with all the Dam Kid's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 3
What's Up with all the Dam Kid's Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I will put a spin on it -
guys have kids too - what about single dads with custody of the thier kids - why is it around here the women - because the kids live with the woman- is that why - guy still have kids - they are just there on weekends - thats the difference - we are so forgiving when it comes to you - how about giving single moms some slack -
 masterc_3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What's Up with all the Dam Kid's
Posted: 4/4/2007 11:41:41 AM
WOW! Ok, I will admit that I have also noticed that a majority of the women on this site and others have children, but your approach to this is pretty harsh. The only reason a lot of the men on here dont have children is because they left them on the mom to take care of, and this is coming from a man. Its just a fact. Men leave them women to carry the burden (or blessing) of a child to care for, alot of times not even paying child support, and then have the nerve to ridicule women for being unwed mothers. While I do understand that this may not be you, it is a lot of men. If men would step up to their responsibilities this would be less of a problem, and if men and women would use better practices while having intercourse it would be less of a problem. I personally dont have a problem with being with a woman who has children. At that point you know they aren't a virgin, but how many virgins are there out there, most girls have lost their virginity by age 15 now. The only difference between the women with children and ones without is that one didn't get pregnant, and that you may have to step up and take care of someone else if you were to marry them. If you love them you will do that no questions asked, so does it really matter that much? Think about it...I look forward to your reply.
 ben_the_bear
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2007 11:44:19 AM
Single moms are fine with me because I'm a single dad myself...

no_1_bby
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2007 4:19:33 PM
Um.. probably 'cause over 50% of the women in the world HAVE KIDS???!?!?!?!!!

I won't go into the more *bashing* aspects of my potential response as it's already been said and beaten to death.
 Tarika
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/4/2007 4:49:58 PM
If you don't want to date women with kids, I think you need to add that to your profile. You are still young so I can understand why you would not want to date a woman who already has children.

Personally, I would rather be alone with my 'damn kids' then be with a man who half accepted them.
 Audial Liaison
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:16:03 AM
Dude i can understand your frustrations as i personally have been down the road of dating women with children and will never do it again, also i dont want any children of my own so yes i aggree its hard to find that match when you have yet even one more dealbreaker.
ya gotta keep trying though right?
 Thudpucker
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/5/2007 10:44:32 AM
@ OP

It’s all Birds and the Bees stuff, sir. The female of the species generally births them babies.

Complain to God . . . He knew what he was doing when he assigned the duties.

Kiddies are not a curse . . . they are an outright blessing, whether they are yours or they belong to someone else, so please find another way to refer to them other than “Dam Kid’s [sic].”
 belly18dancer
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/5/2007 4:17:01 PM
wow crazy wes, you said it. I've seen this happen to many of my friends. Even my own daughter at times was put on the back burner for the new wife's/gf's kids.

For every single mom out there with kids...50% of them on the site, there is a man out there who is the father to that kid. Why are they not taking care of them...some are, but many are not. And yes, it is easier for a woman to date when she is a single mom. Her time is limited and she's normally very nervous about introducing men into her kids' lives. Especially when most pedophiles are men.

But i understand your point about women who have kid after kid who have never married. Many think the way to keep a man is to have his baby. why do these women (given all the statistics) think this man is going to be the one who stays. My nephew's mom has four kids by four different men, only one she was married to. He was a low life too. Now my nephew and his siblings are in foster care with their maternal grandparents. She couldn't get herself together.

I had a hard time raising one child and luckily her father did see her on a regular basis and pay support. I can't imagine what life would have been like if I had more than one.

I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with another man's child. It's your perogative. I'd prefer not to date a guy with young children. I dated one who had a four year old and i became close with the kid, and it hurt like hell when we broke up. The child kept asking about me, probably still does. It can be tough on all parties involved.
 SthrnButtrfly
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 7:52:40 PM
When do woman learn about the kid factor and I'm pretty sure it affects your chances greatly of finding a good man. Your to restricted to get to know anyone!

Well damn hunny, if you men didnt stick your other "heads" where they didnt belong in the first place, the human race wouldnt exist....for that matter your sweet chocolate self wouldn't either....cuz your MOTHER wouldn't of had you. I f the men in this world who dare to impregnate those of us who marry them and then leave us hanging cuz they don't want to be a "daddy" anymore didn't exist; this world wouldn't have many single MOTHERS running around....
It is selfish pricks like yourself that make single moms like myself GRATEFUL for those men who do appreciate the package deal....if you don't want kids then get a vasectomy and/or swing the other way.
 jmn120176
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:06:27 PM

No one's has asked YOU to raise our kids for us.

I think you misunderstood him... he wasn't volunteering to raise anyone's kids, or saying that he could do a better job than you could. I believe he meant that because he was around your kids, he would by proxy help out taking care of them; he's dating you, you're of course around your child or children... see the connection? He can't ignore your children or their care. It IS a package deal. It is impossible to not be ensconced by the situation. Put your hands in the water and see if they stay dry. Besides, all I've read on here about single moms and their kids were that they vehemently insisted the man be accepting of their children... so do you want the help or don't ya? Sheesh.

Well damn hunny, if you men didnt stick your other "heads" where they didnt belong in the first place, the human race wouldnt exist.... If the men in this world who dare to impregnate those of us who marry them and then leave us hanging cuz they don't want to be a "daddy" anymore didn't exist; this world wouldn't have many single MOTHERS running around....

Wow, someone's bitter. It takes two to make a baby, honey. Your attitude is quite the turnoff. Perhaps a more rigorous selection process in the future would help... here's a tip. If he's a bad boy, and you just get all twitterpated and excited by him, DON'T talk to him-- cause that's what got you where you are today! Hmm... maybe those sensible, "boring" guys aren't so bad after all, eh?
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:51:14 AM
I think your post is what he really meant Dishycally.
Also my kid helps keep me grounded, I use to be a lot wilder in the past..not that i'm boring now or anything lol

He said something like " It brings you back to earth"

Sometimes the kids are more fun than Mom.
And NOT in that way...
It's fun seeing things for the first time AGAIN thur a childs eyes...I don't have kids,but I have no problem with a woman who does.
As long as the 'Kid' is not a teenage female that hits on me ......That can be unnerving,to say the least.

Funny you had to explain your post...being in this day and age..
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's Up with all the Dam Kid's