Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > why do men only care about sex???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AppleGeek
Msg: 4
why do men only care about sex???Page 1 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
People have said it before, men are simple creatures. You'll find very few men in there young 20's not looking for sex. You can stop looking or sort through them to find the ones who want more.
 HottieScotty
Msg: 9
why do men only care about sex???
Posted: 4/6/2007 11:19:45 AM
Men like to drive the car....before they like to buy it.
 misty76
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/2/2007 5:55:37 PM
Because men are PIG..
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/2/2007 6:09:22 PM
OP... imagine you didnt have to worry about getting pregnant and had a "thing" hanging in between your legs that would swell at the mere thought of sex.... would you be able to go thru a day not wanting sex?

i rest my case

btw..nightcowboy, you must be one of the guys she's talking about .. good attitude dude
 Khai
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 6:50:36 PM
I dont belive that it is fair to say that men only care about sex. Men and women are two different creatures that process their needs in entirely different ways. Thier needs are the same but they prioritze them completely different. It is unfair that one sex should exspect that thier partner to give what they need and not be willing to reciprocate what their partner needs in return. There must be a way to find middle ground so no one feels as if they are being used.
Men care about alot of things, some the same as women and some are completly different. The need and desire for sex is a part but not all of a man's internal makeup, that said think of the things that are important to you that a man might find is only important to women and talk with your partner so that you can find a way t o please each other.
I suggest you read a book called "Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars". Dr. John Grey can explain it much better than I. It helped my relationships 300%!
Good Luck
 Ferrus Manus
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 6:55:45 PM
men don't only care about sex, just like women don't only care about marriage, or flowers, what the ****
when you generalize a group, you're really only showing your own ignorance. myself sex is a small part of my life and far from a priority. Women use men for sex, and men use women also. Not all, but some, and the opposite is true as well.

Guess what, people like SEX. If they're using you for sex, enjoy it, or quit giving it out.
 Ferrus Manus
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 6:58:35 PM
hey willy, lots of men like being held, the ****.

or are you stereotyping men to liking trucks sports and beer? there's really very little difference between a man and a woman when you remove them from society, it's purely learned behavior for the most part.

seems like you should think about what being human is, rather than being a man/woman, gender roles aren't exactly what you think
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 7:22:51 PM
..."I want to make love, not just have sex"....yeap...fell for that one one more time...

Woodstar, I am still laughing - I was so niave after my divorce - fell for that one, too - and that old boy was the biggest 'whore' I ever dated (that phrase came from my girlfriend who checked him out for me after I got smart when his actions weren't matching his words) - so I decided to do what my pastor told me and "Do it God's way", and I am dating the best looking guy I have dated since my divorce, who wanted to date me when I was dating Mr. I Can't Even Say Anything But Make Love, and even though he wants sex, too - is willing to do things to get to know me without it.
Thanks for the laugh - I'll bet you have no trouble getting dates with your attitude - You go girl.
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 8:17:19 PM
To Nightcowboy - women love sex as much as men - but I prefer making love to a man when it is both great attraction and true caring - OMG - then I can be all I am meant to be - and your world will be rocked - it is called delayed gratification.
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 9:22:10 PM
Thanks, Woodstar, I was one of those women Bubble Boy is talking about that picked the wrong ones, so I have been doing Theophostic counseling at my church to uncover why? It has really given me the freedom to enjoy that great goodlooking guy who is as 'easy as Sunday Morning' and I am loving it - only time will tell if he is the one, but I do enjoy his company - and time together is so laid back - we have been canoeing, dancing, picnicing and never any drama or issues. Wish I had done the counseling years ago - I discovered I like to fix people - That is God's job - maybe I was thinking too highly of myself????
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 9:59:19 PM
Oh. contrare.. Jesus humbled himself as a servant - that is what is amazing - that He did that for us, undeserving as we are - it is called Grace - never understood the concept until I got myself in a situation where all I could do is turn it over to Him - and He gave me much more than I ever deserved. Now that is love.
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2007 8:27:15 AM
The way to weed these men out is NOT to sleep with anyone until there is a relationship in place.

KC Lady - you are right about that one - I actually was amused for a while how quick most guys, who said they really wanted a reltionship with me, ran when they found out they were not going to make it to the bedroom any time soon. They tell you how hot you are and try to make you think you are the only woman they say that to - but the ones that stick around are usually the ones that have the most going for them in ALL ways - Looks, what they contribute to the world, etc. You have to keep the weeds out of the garden for the flowers to grow - The weeds add nothing to the garden anyway. Happy weeding!!
 robfish
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/3/2007 8:40:44 AM
I don't see what the big deal is about sex, the hardest thing about being single to me is not getting affection. I miss kissing and cuddling with someone, all the warmth and the closeness associated with it. You are just meeting the wrong guys, weed out the perverts and find a guy that is looking for something meaningful.
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2007 9:02:06 AM
"the hardest thing about being single to me is not getting affection. I miss kissing and cuddling with someone, all the warmth and the closeness associated with it."

Robfish - we all miss that - terribly - but when it is not handled right, pre-mature sex can be emotionally damaging. Sex can be very powerful if the chemistry is right. Having sex with someone who only wants that, when they have misrepresented themselves, is not healthy for someone who has opened their heart to someone. It is usually someone who has been hurt and is afraid to open up - but men as well as men can be hurt by that. If two people are honest and want that, fine - but deception on any level hurts. That, my friend, is a big deal to someone who has been mislead and finally opens up - and at my age, most have been hurt. Just keep it honest and then one's choices are their own. Take care.
 robfish
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/3/2007 9:19:11 AM
^^^^When I said I didn't see what the big deal about sex was I think that you may have misread what I meant. I meant that I personally don't look for sex, I see it as a bonus if it does happen but on the most part it is the kissing and the cuddling that I am missing the most. There have been times where I would rather cuddle, thats where the real closeness and intimacy lies. I guess its hard for me to word things correctly at 2 am
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/3/2007 9:41:36 AM
SO NOT TRUE!

We care about sports and food too!
 springfever07
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/3/2007 9:50:22 AM
ok ....now that after all the debates back and forth to determine how males tick .....would only the women who want to get laid hit us bad boys up !!
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Why do men only care about sex???
Posted: 5/3/2007 1:48:42 PM
You may be onto something there, Kanpeaches. I have often wondered if most men were much more sensitive than women and that they front a lot. We gals, after all, were made to survive. Guys do have more heart attacks and suicides. ??????
 ItsaKelticthing
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:39:56 AM

a c*ck is not technically a muscle. It's "muscle like" but mostly it's spongy tissue and blood vessels

now you tell me, after all that working out!
 catman40
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/4/2007 3:53:54 AM
I want a woman who likes to talk . that so bad ? AFTER we get to know each other THEN and then can we think of sex . 1 of the things I crave is foreplay . yes you heard that right . a guy who likes foreplay and being in a relationship .
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:03:34 AM
If he's a cad, he's a cad - no matter what age.
Amen, sister.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 77
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:24:34 AM
To say that men care "only" about sex is a misnomer. They care about many other things as well.

But why do some men seem to be preoccupied with sex? (Ok, maybe most men.)
It really is quite simple: biology.

Spirituality and philosophy aside, our prime reason for living is to procreate. The most important thing to any species is the continuation of that species; humans are no different, regardless of how we try to separate ourselves from animals and the "natural" world.

Getting our "seed" out there in the gene pool ranks with the need for food, water, and shelter. With animals, the male often courts the females; it is the peacock and other birds who have bright plumage to attract females, not the other way around. If a man doesn't care about sex, his line might die out. If all men were disinterested in sex, humans would die out. The same goes for women. (Who were, for centuries, seen as the carnal creatures; women not liking/needing sex is a relatively new concept.)

This is and has been a patrirchal word for millennia. One reason why polygamous marriages were long considered fine where polyandrous marriages were not is simple: a man can have many pregnant wives or concubines at once, thus liberally spreading his genes and insuring the continuation of the species. A woman with several husbands or lovers will still bear one child at a time.

Think of movies or books you have seen or read, including the latest, Children of Men. Most of these types of movies deal with infertile WOMEN, not men. One fertile man could, theoretically, "save" humanity; one fertile woman really could not--not unless she produced all girls.

So, blame, or give praise, to nature and biology.
 69aries
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:23:39 PM
this poor poster is getting asked for a physical romp everywhere she goes...poor thing, im soo, ,sooo , glad im not in your shoes, being a s3x~magn3t must be soo depressing...
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:33:15 PM
# 101 - I know he didn't - You go for it with that attitude, honey - because the best sex is between two people that truly care for one another. Sex at its best is a silent language, by touch showing the other person just how precious they are to you. I hate to be crass or rude, but I wonder if you will ever experience the sex the man God sends me is going to have. Read the Book of Solomon - Some people prefer to wait for the best and that is me - sexless relations - not at all - I don't care for wham-bam-thank you mam' - I want the good stuff and it is called Delayed Gratification. Kinda like passing up Hardees for a grilled steak. I usually don't come on this strong but it is all that hidden passion - waiting for a man with some morals. Take care and I hope you are very happy.
 StarlightWhisper
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:37:49 PM
# 102 - what you said was sweet, 'but women are challenged in wanting the physical?' - go to the gym honey - all the endorphins and hormones we get from working out????? We were just socialized to not be so forward and we ARE emotional and want an emotional connection - If we women have that and the security you are talking about - then watch out and see if you can keep up and handle it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > why do men only care about sex???