Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What is your example of a good opening email?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zombies are chasing me
Msg: 1
What is your example of a good opening email?Page 1 of 1    
So like, say you custom made the perfect guy and erased him from your memory. then he messaged you on POF. What would he say in the opening email?

Haha sure many guys are wandering this. (..and its probably been asked b4 but there is something to be had from a fresh thread ;))

I'm thinkin there are gonna be many different replys. :)
 c note
Msg: 2
What is your example of a good opening email?
Posted: 4/11/2007 7:14:35 PM
say you custom made the perfect guy and erased him from your memory. then he messaged you on POF. What would he say in the opening email?

Since this guy's fictitious, he would probably say something like ".............". But I wouldn't fall for it, as I never learned to read braille. I could get into him not actually having fingers enabling him to type, but it may go over some heads.

and its probably been asked b4 but there is something to be had from a fresh topic

Hey dude? If it's been asked before, it doesn't qualify as fresh.

Personal observation: you're confused.
 Tukabirdy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2007 7:39:11 PM
He would say:

Hello there! I just got finished reading your profile and thought we might have some interests in commen. I noticed that you were blah, blah, blah and I'm blah, blah, blah too. Have you ever noticed/been to/ thought about blah, blah, blah?

Email me back if you are interested in talking and we can swap funny stories or thoughtful moments. Hope you have a good day today.

tuka

PS, if you use good spelling and grammer...it's very impressive...first impressions count.
 JerseyGirlLori
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2007 7:50:22 PM
Perfection's over-rated. It's the flaws that make life interesting.

The opening email should have some type of greeting, preferably followed by the words "I'm _____." Then, there could be something mentioned about a shared interest, keeping in mind that -- at no time -- should an initial email include anything rude, crude, or lewd (or include phrases such as "I love you", "marry me", "have my babies" ... anything that would scream "I'm a crazy stalker and I'll kill you in your sleep!"). Try to be concise, spell-check AND grammar-check (lest she'll think you're an idiot and not worth her time). Ask questions. Give her something to reply about. If your name isn't included in the beginning, be sure to include it when you close the email.
 luvnlife2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2007 8:29:57 PM

at no time -- should an initial email include anything rude, crude, or lewd (or include phrases such as "I love you", "marry me", "have my babies" ... anything that would scream "I'm a crazy stalker and I'll kill you in your sleep!"). Try to be concise, spell-check AND grammar-check

The opening e-mail should talk about your interests and refer to your profile. Make sure that you have a nice photo on your profile. Also make sure that your profile provides enough information to form an opinion.

The opening e-mail should NEVER say "I think you're hot", "I want to be your boyfriend", or other such inane comments. These types of things are instant turn-offs and WILL get your e-mail deleted without a reply.
 zombies are chasing me
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/11/2007 10:15:12 PM
and its probably been asked b4 but there is something to be had from a fresh topic

Hey dude? If it's been asked before, it doesn't qualify as fresh.

Personal observation: you're confused.
lol I meant to say "thread" which i edited to like a few seconds after i posted. Guess you where already in the thread lol. ;)

Oh, and btw "...." is more like morse code ;)

and thanks.. :-/ lol

Lol, aside from that. Very informative posts! Thanks guys! Uunfortunately doesn't help much as I'm already doing that stuff. -With the exception of: I have noted that a girl was cute on occasion. (so that's a turnoff..? humm odd its completely opposite coming the otherway.) O well, guess I'm not their type or I get lost amongst all the retards that message them or something. :) Just gotta keep at it aye! :-p
 c note
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/11/2007 10:33:39 PM
Did I just have the piss taken out of me by a 19 year old? I think I did. This is unforgivable.

You're right, it is more like morse code, but I can't decipher that either, so we'll call it even.

My most memorable first contact email is "I'm eating plastic!".
 zombies are chasing me
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/11/2007 11:00:21 PM
haha :) your Alright. ;) Besides its ok I'm 20 come months end ;) (lol)

humm.. eating plastic.. ingenious! I've done stuff like that before. (The message not eat plastic lol.) They usally just think I'm crazy, say lol and move on though. O-well its fun as hell tho. :p

When I first saw the mighty grape it looked upon me and I upon it and it said "I am a grape!"

^oh yeah!
 TurtleWax
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/12/2007 6:16:06 AM
i like funny messages. either pertaining to my profile in someway, or my interests. wit goes a long way with me.
 KiteGuy321
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2007 7:25:39 PM
Ok, I was going to post this question, but hey, I actually did a thread search!

Anyway, what I noticed in this thread was that there was only one real example of an email.. the rest were just suggestions on what to include... I would really like to see some examples of emails that worked...

Ladies, post an email you got that actually made you want to respond... It would certainly help some of us dunderheads out a bit...
 brandiw
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/5/2007 11:43:01 AM
Here's one John... it's not EXACTLY an opening email as he had sent me one before but I was experiencing POF message burnout at the time and I stopped talking to pretty much everyone.

Hello, Brandi;

Please forgive what may be a redundancy on my part -- I decided to try again because, having overcome my skepticism about the 'personality search' feature, I discovered that you're not only one of the rarest possible 'types' (which means, naturally, that you will most likely defy 'typologizing'), but also that we may have more in common than any analysis of 'types' would ever allow for...

In any case, regardless of what kind of compatibility we might share, it would truly be an honour to get to know more about you, and if my own previous attempt did not bore you to tears, I do hope that we might engage in some correspondence to determine whether a 'superb friendship', if nothing else necessarily, might develop between us.

Otherwise, I do wish you the best, and I look forward to hearing from you soon;

Getting this in my inbox was like getting an early Christmas present, it was such a change from the "ur hawt, wanna cht?" emails.... or even the emails containing a hotmail address with instructions to "add me".
 Diff360
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/5/2007 11:59:40 AM
Here's a recent one that I enjoyed. It showed energy, sincerity and an ability to read my profile.

Subject: Turkey dinners and confidence :) I'm sold

Seriously, I'm sold....;)

Okay, NOW in all seriousness, you seem like an interesting person, and someone that has depth and kindness, which is sadly lacking sometimes. I would really enjoy the chance to learn more about you.

Come on....I dare you!....

Cheers!
 Iorca
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/5/2007 4:36:57 PM
Hi hun, u fancy a chat.

always works for me...not.

Short, sweet, making reference to something I've written rather than a 3 hundred word copy of his profile.
 homer j simpson
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/5/2007 6:26:37 PM
If your opening message fails, which the odds say will happen more often than not, I've included a sample message on how to get the girl to delete your message. Nothing drives me more bonkers than a girl not replying or deleting your message. I've found that a simple can you please delete my message is not enough which is why the please delete my message is quite long. Strangely the "delete my message" message is about 20 times bigger than my "hello message" :-)

Hey,

This isn't a stalking e-mail, it's just a call for clarity. My personal flaw is having to know things with absolute certainty when I can which is why I'm sending you this message.

If you have never heard of the saying "When you assume, you make an ass of u and me". Well I try to live by this cardinal rule. Don't get me wrong I'm not anal about this but I do respect it as it simplifies my life. Especially when there is so little effort required.

I don't need a reply just the standard protocol of deleting my e-mails will be suffice. If you are a pack rat type of person who doesn't like deleting things, just reply with "no" would be suffice as well.

If you are the type of person who doesn't like to hurt people, you are in luck because this won't :-) I don't even know you. All that I know is you went on some vacation with a nice beach with what appears to be your ex and that you favour your right side for pictures.

I really don't think what I'm asking is a lot and you would be doing me a big favor as silly or weird as this request may be. Your profile says you are "very direct" so I appeal to this. Please delete my e-mails or just say reply with a "no".

Thanks
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What is your example of a good opening email?