Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetKristine
Msg: 1
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?Page 1 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Sooo its another Saturday Night at 10 pm and im sitting home alone, typing on my computer, drinking a bottle of aquafina lol. All my friends have serious b/f's or husbands, and im sorry but i hate being the 3rd wheel. the token"single friend" id rather stay home, than always be the 3rd wheel. Heck even posting on this dating site makes me feel like im going to be alone forever, everyone around me is making connections, only ones that email me are old enough to be my father , do i feel sorry for myself, nope, I'm waiting for the right guy to come along, not mr right now, but can i still feel lonely and alone, yep i can. Anyone else feel this way? Does it ever get ya down? ANd please don' t email me telling me i need self esteem, i have it, i love myself, im a happy go lucky jolly fat girl...but i can still feel like im alone, i have friends, but its not the same. ANyone else feel this way?
 yep211
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:25:14 PM
when you get that way, just remember, it's not bad being alone.
you can get alot done.

the trick is to not look at these problems as interuptions to your "real" life, and look at it as normal, the game as usual. don't get wrapped up in the trap of needing a man.

that leads to the dark side of the force.
 Klo
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:27:39 PM
kristine, I know exactly where you're coming from. All my friends are married and/or have kids...as much as i'm happy for all of them, it's depresssing. School does take up a lot of my time...im a very dedicated student and it's the only thing I got goin for me right now, but I dunno why I cant find anyone or why no one wants me. Like yourself, im not looking for mr. right now...I want someone to be in a serious relationship with, BUT I cant seem to find that....
 SweetKristine
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:28:34 PM
don't get wrapped up in the trap of needing a man.

^^trust me i dont need a man! i dont need a man for anything (cept maybe sex lol)
 SweetKristine
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:32:38 PM
klo same here...guess im just gonna be smart and alone forever
 heartsn flowers
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:34:19 PM
I hear ya, and feel lonely sometimes too. I'm pretty sure it's natural, felt like that when i was married.They say when you're not looking is when you're Mr. Right will show up. Keep your head up or you may run right into him....
 vionine
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:35:41 PM
Yeppers, I wonder if I will ever really connect. I get choosier as the years pass. Many of my friends r getting married. Mostly men friends who chased me. I just don't get that chemistry.
Even though they are nice men. I have a hard time carrying on in emails. I perfer to just meet in person, after a note or two. I used to feel I was better off alone. But now I want a king. I want a person to cook for now and then. Other than the ever discriminating taste of a 9yr old. I think it may not happen as I am not relocatable.
Good luck sweetkristine you sound like a great catch!
 yep211
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:39:28 PM
It happens.

Women pass me over all the time :)
but then again that's the way of things.

they get to go out with guys that play and cheat on them.
I get to do my own thing.

i'd reccomend you get some fun hobbies, work on being the person you want to be with, and cheer up. you'll need goals to accomplish.

I personally picked up guitar and joined weight watchers.

keeps me busy.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:48:18 PM
ummm i have plenty of hobbies, joined ww in jan to lose my big ol butt, i go to school in an accerlerated program, trying to learn to be a better speller lmfao, i love going and playing w/my friends babies, then when they leave a stinky diaper i go here its your kid

im even thinking about learning how to knit...so yes i have hobbies, but that dosent mean going to bed alone at night dosent suck, and feeling alone dosent suck
 heathen138
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:48:42 PM
I think that it feels like your drowning. The more you struggle, the more you tend to just eal your own fate.

It's not so bad once you get used to it.
 yep211
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:51:39 PM
very true.
but they help.

the problem with alot of people on this site is we all want instant gratification.
instant sex, instant relationships.

But there's a catch.

How do you really know that person won't just take off? or cheat on you? or seriously **** you up?

then you're back to square one. or worse -1,

Real relationships take time and energy and commitment to build.

you won't be happy with one night stands forever.
so be patient. keep doing what you're doing.
and it will come to you.

and that's all the encouragement i can think of at the moment :)
 SweetKristine
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:54:52 PM
ive been on this site since august, have not met a single soul, in the past 3 weeks given my number to 2 different guys in my area..not had a call yet...so im not looking for instant gratification or relationship, my profile sums up what im looking for. the one nite stand..nope not looking for that either, had that a year and 1/2 ago..not my cup of tea

im just at a loss where to meet mr wonderful, dating sites dont work, all my friends and their friends are married, wtf is a girl supposed to do??

Ive been single for 3 years by choice, only in the last couple months have i decided to date again, and i keep running up against the same brick wall.....

When i was single by choice, being alone didnt bother me as much...i want a relationship, but im not out "looking for love"
 yep211
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:57:57 PM
If you're looking for a relationship then you're looking for the total package and deal,
take your time with it.

it will happen. you have to become the person you want to be with.

and solid relationships take friendship and time.

what i mean by instant is by the very nature of dating sites, we want to instantly click with someone, and get hooked up. we want options.

sometimes , they're just not there.

it's a lotto hun.
 EddieGerard
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/23/2005 10:18:37 PM
Hell no you wont be alone 4ever. I know how you feel thats how i feel right now but yet there is still something inside of me that makes me feel differently. I just got out of a relationship from hell which lasted for about 4 years. Its been a few months now and still heartbroken but from the help of friends and family and even the people on this site they show you there is still always hope for everyone but most of all someone out there for all of the good people. I guess we all just need to have a little faith in happiness and most of all LIFE'N'LoVE you know? I wish you the best and happy searching sweetheart you deserve the best and never think differently. If you need to chat with someone Im a great listener so anytime Im open to lend you a hand. Take care,

Eddie
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/23/2005 10:27:47 PM
I am better off alone.The fact is i would have became a hermit a long time ago if i knew what i knew now.Because the way i treat women in the past is different in how they treat me.Like crap. I would never want to live what i experience in my 20s again.I would not wish that on my worse enemy.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/23/2005 10:28:24 PM
I am better off alone.The fact is i would have became a hermit a long time ago if i knew what i knew now.Because the way i treat women in the past is different in how they treat me.Like crap. I would never want to live what i experience in my 20s again.I would not wish that on my worse enemy.
 OklaCntryGrl
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/23/2005 10:42:33 PM
I like to think of it this way...I have been alone a long time...holding out for the "right" guy, blah blah blah. Over the years I have been with several of the wrong guys. Some liars, some cheaters, some just on a different path or time in life, some lived too far away (long distance relationships are HARD!!)....while all those relationships were good and bad in their own rites, they all had one common thread - DRAMA and ANGST. Yeah, I'm alone for now, but ya know what? I'm not a stress ball. I'm not beating my head against a wall trying to solve the puzzle, and I'm not crying in front of my children. I have taken this time for ME. I make ME happy these days, and its nice. When God is ready to bring that special man into my life, I won't be desperate, I won't be needy, I won't be a dying flower hungry for water. I'll be healthy, strong, lush, beautifully blooming, and ready to accept the gift of love, and share all the blessings in my life. So maybe a shift in perspective would make a world of difference. Instead of "why am I alone", "thank goodness I'm not in a bad relationship right now." Food for thought.
 deenybird
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/23/2005 11:29:44 PM
Yea Kristine, I know EXACTLY what you mean... Coming out of a 4+year realtionship, I just CAN'T get used to being alone. I mean.... no one to go to the bar with, to the mall with, the movies with....AND to top it all off.....an empty bed.
yep211 offers some good advice.

"I just don't know what to do with myself...." --- nicky holland

-joe
 SweetKristine
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/24/2005 9:41:21 AM
thanks eddie :)

and great posts everyone :) great to know im not the only one that feels this way!
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/24/2005 3:56:11 PM
Ah, from the mouths of babes...or people who have at least done the marriage thing once in their lives.

Yep, I'm convinced that i'm destined to be alone. Until I can break this nasty cycle of mine (dating unavailable men) single will be the way for me.

Just call me MsSpinster!!
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/24/2005 6:59:39 PM
Not everyone finds someone. I work Alzheimer's, and you'd be surprised how many people never get married, never have kids, and die alone.
 mdew22
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/24/2005 7:31:23 PM
i got out of a ten year relationship a while ago. it isnt fun at all setting at home all alone. but i keep looking and keep busy a lot. that helps. it just takes time to find the right one is all.

mdew22
 Wambat
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2005 8:58:37 PM
About every hour, like clockwork.
 freemewithlove
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:46:46 AM
I'm on here at 3:47 am because I woke up with my heart pounding in fear over a future of lonliness. This is a normal night for me and it has affected everything else in my life. I'm sure that means I'm pretty screwed up. I went through two bottles of tylenol pm last week.
 waspleg
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:56:49 AM

I'm on here at 3:47 am because I woke up with my heart pounding in fear over a future of lonliness. This is a normal night for me and it has affected everything else in my life. I'm sure that means I'm pretty screwed up. I went through two bottles of tylenol pm last week.

what don't you like about yourself that makes being "alone" so terrible? what do you find most appealing about the prospect of a relationship? i think an honest answer to these two questions may help you find the root cause of your ailment.

waspleg
mindfire
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?