Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sexy Lingerie; Intimate Apparel.... Do Men Expect It? Does It Reall      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a_little_nervous
Msg: 4
Sexy Lingerie; Intimate Apparel.... Do Men Expect It? Does It Really Matter?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I've never had a sexual partner dress up. I would love it, though... for the novelty if nothing else.

But if there were knee-boots involved, well then, I'd be smitten.
 Leeanne
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Sexy Lingerie; Intimate Apparel.... Do Men Expect It? Does It Really Matter?
Posted: 4/13/2007 8:38:58 AM
It never really seems to matter - every guy I have worn it for just wants it on the floor anyway!! Expensive way to make a dirty clothes pile!!!!
 TheOneWho_
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:12:53 AM
As a man, I do not expect a woman to wear lingerie or other intimate apparel.

Does it really matter? No. You are right though, it would put more of a smile on my face.

It is my understanding that men are more commonly visually stimulated than women. Lingerie is an interesting decoration to the main attraction - icing on the cake, if you will.
 meat70506
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 1:26:51 PM
What a shame that the men you were with didnt appreciate it. I never just expect it, but I do love it and appreciate it. I know some women like to wear lingerie, but I always appreciate it and feel the woman is doing it to please me as well. That is always a good thing and to be appreciated. And Damn I think it is hot and sexy. A woman in 4" heels and lingerie under a dress, skirt, or suit is FANTASTIC! Sorry, got carried away.
 Lacquered
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 4:32:11 PM
Wow....... a lot of interesting responses..... pro and con
I guess its part of what makes everyone different........
I really liked what whitestarmama and onesimpleneed had to say on the subject.....

And was horrified by algy ( did you actually tell your female friends that you thought they looked bad in what ever they were wearing or NO? gosh I hope you kept those opinions to yourself for sure) If you liked a woman enough to date her, how can anything she wears for you be gastly????

Well you all can tell I am all for sexy lingerie, wish more men liked or longed for it. Sometimes they even say they do, but dont really care one way or the other. I work in such a male orientated environment (no dresses even) that lingerie isnt just sexy, but a way to feel girly........ And I like to wear it even when I dont have someone special in my life. One could only dream that someday there would be someone come home and truly be appreciative. lol
But till then .......... I'll continue to do it for me.
D
 stevenlane
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:26:32 PM
Sexy lingerie is a turn on definately, but its gonna come off eventually
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 8:02:33 PM
The bedroom clothes are not ever a real turn on, its what is in them that is. They are something to hang on the bedpost in case of fire. Nothing else! Generally the "sexy" stuff is something the ladies like .... we prefer much less!
 piewhacket
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:32:24 PM
Personally I wear it for me, but if the chap likes it then great - ding dong haha x
 haywiresue
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/2/2007 1:16:37 PM
Personally I wear sexy lingerie for me - it makes me feel sexy and beautiful. I love silk, satin and lace. The men in my life have always loved my lingerie and commented positively as well. Now, hearing that from a man you are interested in is very yummy.

I think what ever works to make the connection between a man and woman remain constant or create new excitement is awesome. Every day we choose how to live the day, enjoy the day and interact with people around us. Why should a relationship be any different. Why not do the best to you can to make a relationship remain HOT, STEAMY and SEXY? If its lingerie, sex on the beach or a romantic get a way - its all good. Life is meant to be enjoyed.
 wolfman
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/26/2007 10:43:11 PM
Hi,

In my case, sexy lingerie is not expected, but, I love it when it happens. It is without a dount a HUGE turn on. I especially love thigh high stockings. And if you don't mind me saying so...I'll bet anything that you would look great in a sexy pair of black or red thigh highs.

And I would not come back for more, because I would never leave.
 southernhighlander
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2007 5:40:46 PM
my gf likes to wear lacey underwear but what ever she wears will get the same affect from me everytime.
 haywiresue
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/28/2007 10:07:02 AM
Lonestardaddy in your message 50 you asked

"Not to change the subject, but do women get turned on by other than Omar making a tent out of a man's boxer shorts? "

It appears some of us have missed this - my thoughts on this are: as nice as it is to know that I can make Omar turn boxers into a tent makes me smile. As what woman doesnt want to know that they turn a man on. But for me variety is nice, different types of boxers are nice, but so are thongs, briefs and the ever popular tidy whities. I really like to see a man I am involved with, in a robe with the belt done up, (but please take the sox off). The first thing I wonder about is, what type of underwear is he wearing underneath, and about how yummy the last intimate time we shared together. Then I think about how delicious it would be to unwrap him, and if Omar has not made an appearance, no worry there - I have many naughty ideas to heat things up. Sometimes naughty can be very very nice......................... or
 eb3267
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/20/2007 7:09:15 PM
Most relationships are becoming the plain sex variety. Get undressed and go for the gusto..

Some men say that nothing on under the clothing is great, but remember these are the same men that drool at the Victoria's Secret comercials and cataloges.. LOL

Some sexy thigh high stockings along with a thong and bra to match, can be a big turn on.. Specialy if it's out of the "norm" in your relationship !!
( I've never had any complaints) lol
 hockeymedicine
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2007 8:28:15 PM
lingerie is hot, but unless the female(or guy, im not gonna hate) wearing it is confident enough to pull it off, dont bother.
 Stevenlane
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/25/2008 4:15:46 PM
I do not expect it either. When it does take place it turns me on. I believe it should be in private instead of in public. Sexy lingerie is something that gets a man realizing how much the lady wants him,and gets him aroused even more.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 10:34:40 PM
most of the time it doesn't stay on long enough for them to have enen noticed it, and thats all that money to Victorias Secret down the drain.
 abelian
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/26/2008 4:55:12 AM

I think that when a man sees that a woman is dressing "sexy" and for them, it creates a feeling of her wanting him to desire her;

The best way to give me that feeling is by ripping my clothes off. Getting dressed up doesn't seem as sincere.
 windloverr
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2008 2:15:35 AM
"Expect" it...no. Grateful and appreciative...OH YEAH! I absolutely love shopping for lingerie. The shopping, in and of itself, is erotic; and a prelude to foreplay.
 platypus_man
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 3:57:32 AM
O.K., I understand the reluctance to wearing corsets, stockings and garters, and everything else that could be uncomfortable or difficult to wear. But regular lingerie should be pretty too, damn it! This isn't rocket science; there must be a million different styles of bra and panty that are both sexy and comfortable, so surely there's something to fit everyone. If you want to be considered pretty and sexy, you can. If you can't be bothered and feel how you look is inconsequential, what you wear will say that too. After all, some men don't want their women to be sexy; you can always cover up those granny panties and worn out playtex 18 hour bras with one of those long plain black robes those poor women in the middle east have to wear, and don't forget the birka so you don't have to bother with make-up either.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:19:17 PM
I don't think it's expected but it is a welcomed suprise.

Kind of like unwrapping the perfect gift.
 *buzz*
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 1:09:38 PM

men, generally, look really bad in lingerie which is why we don't reciprocate

And thanks goodness for that! Man's role in this lingerie department is quite a different story => unravelling, revealing, setting free and letting senses play forte. Believe you me, senses will be at their utmost and best
 startle
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/6/2008 2:43:04 PM
the more preparation a woman puts into a sexual experience the better the outcome for her and her partner. sexy clothes, music, candles, oils etc should all be included in order that each and every sexual encounter is memorable. does a man expect these things? no. and that is good. surprises are fun and add to the enjoyment of both partners.
 rob1nyc
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:17:15 AM
For me, when a woman wears sexy lingerie, it just totally makes the foreplay experience as good as it gets. No, i don't expect a woman to wear it, although it is my preference. There's nothing hotter than undressing a woman painfully slow when she's wearing sexy lingerie.
 johnm23357
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/1/2009 7:13:13 AM
I love it, the women look adorable whatever they are wearing. If a girlfriend puts it on I just want to pick her up and carry her off to the bedroom.
 TitusBreast
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/4/2009 12:13:14 AM
I think that any man 'of interest' thinks that anything a woman does 'appearance-wise' is for HIS benefit. HAHA! He can only be so wrong! As if! A woman does anything at all for anyone, including that man, for appearance's sake. She does it primarily for her own ego. Why else would she do it? It's not like anyone is paying her to do it for him!?! Get a life! Love, Titus
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sexy Lingerie; Intimate Apparel.... Do Men Expect It? Does It Really Matter?