Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex before marriage for people over 60, looking for a new partner      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ruckus123
Msg: 2
view profile
History
sex before marriage for people over 60, looking for a new partnerPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
4 out of 10 are pretty good odds....

60% of them will sleep with you before you marry them.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 4
sex before marriage for people over 60, looking for a new partner
Posted: 4/15/2007 11:55:39 AM
Just because a woman says she will not sleep with you until marriage does not mean that its true . My advice[cant believe I am saying this to a 70 yr old] lmao, is to be cool, sincere and treat your date like the lady she is assuming you like her and good things will happen . Now I am sure the OP can teach me a thing or 2 or 3 lol .
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/15/2007 4:03:29 PM
Jack, I can't imagine not! Maybe you need to get out of Texas, lol!

Ideally, I do see myself eventually remarried (done the to death do you part without it, and do NOT ever want to go there again). At minimum living together with a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare. But I can't imagine going into either of those situations without having already made a good deal of very good love with the GIQ.

Whether he's ready, willing, and able is also something I'd like to know fairly early on in emailing, so don't give up. Plenty of ladies on Plenty of Fish, just work your way down the list, lol! Don't settle!

professora
Msg: 17
view profile
History
sex before marriage for people over 60?
Posted: 4/11/2010 6:04:52 PM
Are you still seeking info?

Women who hold out too long usually are cold partners even with a ring and marriage certificate.

Any comments disagreeing with me are welcomed. That's been my observation and what others have told me.

Peppie
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2010 10:01:21 AM
They have antiquated ideas, I think. Even marriage won't improve things with most of those women. With fewer years left to enjoy, why raise ridiculous barriers to happiness? I think most of those holding out will end up alone. Focus on those who don't have delusions, OP.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/12/2010 10:31:14 AM
I think you're making the same mistake that many men make in online dating - bringing up sex before you've even met or developed any kind of a bond with them. You're putting the cart before the horse. They might be thinking also that you are laying the groundwork for cybersex and are just another online perv so they shut you down right away by saying "marry me first". Women over a certain age definitely are even more humiliated by getting hung up on a guy after sex, just to have him pull a disappearing act. We're supposed to know better and be wiser than that. How do they know that you won't do that OP? Some women after menopause seem to be perfectly happy to live out the rest of their lives without sex. I personally don't understand that.

Meet them first, develop some chemistry, and then discuss it with them. Good luck to you!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/13/2010 12:08:17 PM
My guess is that the ladies (and gentlemen) who are saying "Not before marriage" are really saying that plus "and not after either." Or at least only as a tight lipped unpleasant *duty* to obey the law. . . . And that goes pretty much for *any* age. If sex is remotely important to you in a relationship, I would not accept that as an answer. Would in fact run as fast as my arthritic knees would carry me, and as far as they would.

As for the poster looking for polyamory -- it does exist, and we even have posters on the forums who are interested. And if it works for ya, goferit, lol! Doesn't work for me, and for far too many good friends of mine who have tried it (wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much pain!), so that's not a direction I'd choose to go. But as I keep hearing: there's a lid for every pot. . . . .

:54
 damassteel
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2010 12:18:08 PM
Who the hell do they think they're kidding???
Women in the 60 year age range were just becoming"ripe" at the height of the sexual revolution in the sixties and seventies and were likely doing more sport f*cking than the present generation could imagine.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/13/2010 1:33:30 PM
After menopause, it will party time for me - NO more worrying about pregnancy......
 Tim_in_NPR
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2010 8:05:49 AM
It has been my experience that most women over 50 are ready willing and very able they just needs to feel comfortable and it's all good. A little respect and honesty goes a long way. If marriage is part of her deal before considering sex then she/he must be upfront about it ... who buys a pair of shoes without trying them on for size? JMO
 professora
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2011 7:00:53 PM
I cant imagine who you are talking to unless they reside in the convent?!

Lordy knows---women over 60 read Cosmo--- and I hear a lot of bedroom talk from the dollies over 60 :)
 charterbooks
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:06:21 AM
I certainly agree with this assessment. Try going on and see how women react to sex. Most would say that they would not have sex on the first date (a few admit that they might), and most are not into "meaningless sex." But normally they expect to have sex within 3-5 dates (some say 1-2 dates and some more than 6, but the average is 3-5), and virtually all say that they will have sex before marriage (and virtually all say that sex more than a year after meeting someone is too long. We're talking here about women age 57-68.

I think most women are sensible about sex. Even at age 57-68, most of them want it, to a greater or lesser degree. In the right context (like anonymous questions) they will even admit to it. Men, on the other hand, have a tendency to discuss it too early in the game. I mean--gee, fellas, it's really all about the relationship anyway. Right? Don't you want to feel the love first? Feel that wonderful pull? It makes the sex so much better.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex before marriage for people over 60, looking for a new partner