Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sexual comments and questions too early...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 2
Sexual comments and questions too early...Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think some men believe that false bravado that a lady really wants some guy to start talking 'macho' . I also think maybe some men are playing the old numbers game to feel out women that they can sleep with asap .I am not like that and I am sure most men are not like that . At least I hope so for the sake of you nice ladies .
 TR421
Msg: 8
Sexual comments and questions too early...
Posted: 4/15/2007 1:28:58 PM
We ask about sex early on, to find out if you are a sexual prude, before we devote too much time into getting to know you better. Who wants to invest weeks into chatting with a woman, only to then find out, sex is a dirty word to her, and totally out of the question, until married, a house bought, etc? We are adults, is sex not supposed to even be in a man's thoughts, before he invests 2-3 months in chatting first? Welcome to the real world of Internet dating!
 Leeanne
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 2:15:21 PM
I believe people just think that this is a time of open communication and open sexuality and they are not affraid to ask - hence they are testing your reaction to see where you fit in - based upon this ideal!
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/15/2007 2:29:12 PM
Isnt just men. I have more than a few ladies IM me about sex in the first 10 minutes of conversation.
 TxShooterGuy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 4:16:08 PM
Gee, I don't think I EXPECT sex on the first date, but in most cases neither would I OBJECT to it. As for asking all kinds of inappropriate questions at inappropriate times, it seems that ongoing communications that are neither face-to-face nor audial tend to lower inhibitions about the subject matter. This doesn't EXCUSE anyone's behaviour, but maybe it explains it a bit.

I guess maybe the absence of a picture might make getting questions like this more likely. Then again, so might pictures of the ladies displaying lotsa cleavage. I don't pretend to be able to accurately predict the behaviour of other males anymore than the weather( and I'd RATHER take a shot at the weather). I'm just thinking out loud here.

USUALLY, if I ask such a question TERRIBLY early and without SOME indication from her that it's okay to ask, it's because I've become pretty sure that we're not a match and I'm having trouble making that point to the lady. No, I don't have this trouble a lot.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/19/2007 11:15:31 PM
Agreed- total turn off. I think it comes down to: lack of class, immaturity, and desperation. I simply answer now with" If you are meant to know I will let you find out in good time, but if you have to ask you may never know."
 ttawny
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:06:45 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. If it makes you uncomfortable, then simply move on.
 brainyblond
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 11:11:22 PM
I agree with you; Inappropriate. I have blocked members who have messaged others for sex or intimate encounters,but there are always some masquerading as long-term seekers, who have the lack of manners to use sex terms, and questions. Any of them happen to be named Jim or Ken? Both used the "F" word, and alot more comments, which sent me running. I continue to add more stringent criteria to my profile, like "seeking Balanced man", but girl, we know thats not going to change them. Plan a quick exit strategy, so as not to waste your time further, and also send them a strong message, by leaving!
 techgirl27
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 11:44:20 PM
OP... I know.. I am *extremely* put off by those guys who get all over you first date, or who, even before that, start with the innuendos online or with the body part names.

puh-lease!!! come on!! you better know me first and know what I like before you start
talking like that.
 SunnyGoodVibrations
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:40:58 AM
I get asked for nude pics, sexual questions in chat all the time . The women do it also. When I tell other girls about it they seem shocked. I guess girls play good around other girls and but rather just do the sexual comments when they are alone, I get it a lot, I just ignore it.
 deerdog1
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/28/2007 6:16:41 AM
Well lets see I think that asking questions to get to know you attitudes and feelings about sex which is a part of all of us ,And trying to get a cheep thrill from cybering is different and should be easily differentiated. unless you are on the defensive from the start. come on give people a chance you can always delete them if they turn out to be perverts . chatting online is just a way to get to know people and see if there is an attraction and why not tactfully ask about someones sexual views ie. likes and dislikes early after all you are trying to get to know that person with the hopes of a romantic relationship.i have heard lots of generalizations on here and usually hate them but , now i am going to commit the sin of making one . seams to me that women on here ( and maybe rightly so ) are looking for the bad trying to find faults with guys from the start. But this brings up the peril of brushing off a great person just cause they said something wrong ( has anyone Besides me ever been guilty of saying something wrong especially when talking to a new romantic prospect) (Hey us guys are famous for foot in mouth desease )I'm just saying give us a chance , find out our motives . the delete button will still be there.( If you meet a guy that has the routine down pat and never makes a verbal blunder well he probably is your PLAYER) darn; another generalization.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 7:28:00 AM

Men....why do some men do this?????????

What is early? First date? Second date? Fourth date?
 algodondeazucar
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 8:39:44 PM
Yeah it has happen to me... and when a guy starts talking about it that soon, I usually think that´s all he is intrested in. And that he should edit his profile and be honest about what he is really looking for.
 harviej
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2007 5:09:36 AM
Why do some men do this? Because some men are childish idiots. I see nothing to be gained by bringing up the subject of sex with someone I have not met yet. As for a reason NOT to do this, see Mominatrix message #24 above. Too funny.
 CaR
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/29/2007 11:26:21 AM
cause males are horny even if they are older lol
they just sweet talk some girls into bed
which is truly quite sad lol
 kjamesb
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/14/2007 1:16:34 PM
I REALLY like that some men fall all over themselves like that so soon. It makes life SO much easier when I gentleman (yes, like myself) comes along.

I dated a lady recently who told me she'd given her number out to ONE other guy from the 'net and he start texting her asking for nudy pictures...before they'd even met. While I DID tease her about that, my being a gentleman and such a contrast to this winner made life much easier for me.

Thanks and keep it up you idiots!
 FatBottomGirI
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/28/2014 5:43:22 AM
Classy guys know how to treat a woman with respect no matter what the nature of their relationship is. Asking a woman you have never met questions like "Do you like being naked", "Do you like sex?" , "What do you like sexually?" ..those are not only dumb questions as everyone likes sex, they are the kind of questions a douch bag will ask. That topic has its place and time but that time and place is not over text or email with a complete stranger.
 deerdog1
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2014 1:31:09 PM
.those are not only dumb questions as everyone likes sex, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what planet are you from ...?
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2014 9:57:27 AM
I think it's just a matter of knowing how to have a dialogue. Sometimes sex talk happens sooner than others, but all one has to do is be sensitive to what is and isn't appropriate based on how the conversation is going. It's pretty easy to include statements that aren't blatantly sexual but leave the door open for the other person to go that direction if they choose to. This time of year I might ask "how has the cold weather affected you?" and she might respond talking about her furnace or wishing she had someone to snuggle up to. Either way I'll take take the conversation in the direction she chose.

My first message to a woman will never include anything overtly sexual. If she responds, I then respond to her response and the conversation flows from there with each of us feeding off what the other just said. It's just a matter of picking up on cues.

Of course some people have better conversational skills than others. I lose interest quickly if all I get are three word responses, and I'll ignore an opening message from a woman that has no substance. I hear there are men out there who shotgun women with blatant sexual come ons, and sometimes women do that to us, but it's not hard to read/delete and move on.
 usmale6
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/29/2014 9:32:59 PM
It's one of the biggest problems in dating. It's hard to find a gentleman in this day and age.
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/30/2014 2:48:15 AM
Even at an early age I wouldnt pursue any sexual questions unless she posed them first.....rather be on the same page in other areas really.....
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2018 3:16:33 AM
I have never asked any woman about anything sexual when dating....specially or until we get to know each other and at least get to the hand holding and kissing stage.....then I might talk about that....some will drop some hints before me but I can wait her out....lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sexual comments and questions too early...